[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - 2007 A-Kon Room Party Info

2007 A-Kon Room Party Info

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

2007 A-Kon Room Party Info

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Just thought I'd drop y'all a few hints about the room party.

(1) No chips this year. Nobody eats the chips.

(2) There will be cake.

(3) There will still be no booze, at least none provided by WLP. Bring your own bottle.

(4) As of this moment we still have three openings in our room-share for the weekend. Artists strongly preferred.

(5) Viewing will be divided into two rooms again, ideally. The front room will be for short features again, and BAR-1 is in charge of collecting fun and silly anime music videos, strange video clips, and what-all.

Unless someone on the board requests it, we WON'T have Bad American Dubbing with us this year. Instead here's the list:

6:30 PM (pre-party warmup) - the Star Wars episode of the Muppet Show

7:00 PM - selected episodes of TenchiMuyo! GXP (specifically, the Tenchi-cast episode and the fashion-show episode)

7:45 - Consortium of Genius TV Pilot

8:15ish - break for game and door prizes

After the game votes will be taken for the following videoes:

Interstella 5555
Kentucky Fried Movie
Corn Pone Flicks Mazinger Parody Subtitles (unless BAR-1 runs these)
$1 Wal-Mart "Anime" Heckle Hour
and whatever else turns up.

At around midnight we'll kick in some hentai in both rooms- at present the main two options are "Anything You Can Do..." and "Masquerade." Other options available upon request (we'll vote) are Marine a Go Go, Strange Love, Spaceship Agga Ruter...

... and yes, Queen, we'll bring along the worst American-made hentai anime ever, "Star Ballz", just so you can be the only person to vote for it. }:-{D

FINALLY:

(6) This year's party game show will be "Whose Line is It WLP". Winner gets first choice of door prizes... and we should have at least one prize for EVERYBODY.

Prizes include sampler DVDs, shirts, a $25 WLP gift certificate...

... and the old homemade WLP show banner, which has been replaced and is being retired. Getting it home is YOUR problem.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

ready for another round?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 pm

oh noes , not star ballz... :shock:

Sorry queen , even if you vote for it , I'm afraid I'll have to veto , that ...thing makes my eyes bleed... :lol:

anywho , I'm currently getting ready for the trip , and hope that all who attend will arrive safely , and without incident , I look forward to seeing everyone !

I'll see what I can contribute to the events and I will try to hel you out this year Kris.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Yurie » Fri May 18, 2007 2:14 pm

HUZZAH FOR CAKE! And even though I enjoyed mocking it, I'll have to agree with Wizard_of_odd and veto Star Ballz. Agga Ruter, however <3.

And also, is there anything anyone wants me to bring for foodstuffs? I was planning on bringing Little Debbies like last year, as well as Dr. Pepper. But I'll gladly take requests; maybe a jug of milk since we're having cake...

Also, yes, yes, YES! I LOVE Who's Line Is It Anyway. I SO have dibs on one of the spots!
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue May 22, 2007 3:25 pm

Well, I'm also looking at some serious movies...

5th Element...
Daredevil,
Star Wars, Episode II....

... of course, I'm thinking of these plus [url="http://www.rifftrax.com]Riff Trax[/url]
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

brady?...where for art thou , wayne brady?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue May 22, 2007 6:25 pm

The real question arises , will there be the (in)famous who's line is it anyway? game of "props"? :twisted:

And if so, should we bring props? ,or will they be provided?

If any props are needed , please message me and I will see what i can do , although in the true spirit of improv. comedy , if I am asked to provide props , I will not play any skits with the props I have provided ( it kinda kills the spontaneity of the moment when you have proper time to plan... :? )

Hopefully we won't be participating in the old standby of "hoedown" , as I feel that the odd choices of lyrics could be rather poor at best...

I don't see any problem with the rest of the who's line gamut , as they can be used at about any party ( and should! :twisted: )

In hindsight , we could always preform "Iron Cosplay" ( for those of you who don't know about it , think Iron Chief" meets spontaneous cosplay disasterpiece theater with limited materials , time ,and absolutly no budget...) although we need some disposeable materials and some people in come form of cosplay garb...

Whatever the outcome , this party is sure to be fun ! ( WLP parties ALWAYS are... :lol: )
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 22, 2007 10:54 pm

There will be a maximum of twelve players.

Four players each will participate in three different games- "Party Guests," "Props," and "World's Worst." Points will be scored- no, honest, for real!- and Scenes from a Hat will be used as the tiebreaker to determine an outright winner. Winner gets first pick from the door prizes.

I'll supply the props.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 31, 2007 5:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 am

OK, there's a bakery-cafe in the Plaza of the Americas food court, so that's handled.

Room party Friday (tonight) in room 887.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Well, I'm home from A-Kon, tired as hell but happy and considerably richer.

Sadly, we didn't quite get as many people as we did last year- I think thirty people was about it, counting all in-and-outs. Other than that the party was definitely a success.

Wizard of Odd won "Whose Line," and Yurie ended up taking home the old WLP banner.

Kitsune- specifically Marc Seebass- left his air mattress in the room. I have it here at WLP HQ now. Since it does me no good without the inflation pump, I think it'd be nice if arrangements could be made to send it back to him.

The marble cake provided by what I shall call the WLP Boardie Alliance proved a major hit. Definitely more cake next year, although I'll be sure to get it myself so I'll actually want a piece. (Hint: chocolate, all chocolate, all the time.)

Again the split viewing rooms worked well, and everyone had fun in their preferred room of choice. The Riff Tracks version of "Fifth Element" and the short features BAR-1 had in the front proved popular, while the back room enjoyed the Consortium of Genius TV pilot, Interstella 5555, Virgins of Sherwood Forest and (again) Spaceship Agga Ruter.

The pizza was cleaned up again- including the veggie pizza with tomatoes on it.

A slightly more coherent con report will show up on the WLP LiveJournal community in a few days, once all the expenses hit the card.

Comments on the party, attendees?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

A couple images from the con...

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:16 pm

WLP's booth at A-Kon 18- that's BAR-1 leaning over at left:

WLP Party photos- sorry there aren't more, and REALLY sorry there's none of Whose Line is It WLP, but I was judging and running things:

The three shirt designs that debuted at A-Kon. All three will get some tweaking in reprints, but that's OK, since all three pretty much sold out at the con:

And a shirt that debuted at other cons through Pegasus Publishing and Instant Attitudes, but which WLP came up with the idea for. (This was actually taken at Anime Matsuri, but it might as well go with the other shirts.

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:27 pm

Woo! I made it home at last. Nasty storm blashed through DFW 30 minutes before my flight so I got delayed 2hrs. (Good thing I wasn't bumped off my flight, the next to TYS was 2am, eep!)

I missed out on the pizza, heh. But I had to go see cosplay (they really have been improving it lately).

Ben, next year, AMV Hell 4 and you gotta show that other AMVH-inspired one you found. You told me what it was but, of course, I've fogotten.

p.s. I will continue to work on a custom tool for removing and putting back on the coax with it's security collar...
Morphy
Button popping

Postby tyrant » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 pm

finally recovered from the con-lag and i am just now catching up on taking a week off. had a blast this year. other than a pulled muscle in my back (glomped repeatedly by rabid fangirls) it was very relaxing and much needed time off. hope to see you all again next year.
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Queen of Night » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Had a blast as usual. But a little note, Wis is the Iruka in the 3rd pic and that's me and Tyrant in the 5th.

For those just now figuring out, me and Tyrant and I have been a couple for a while now... It's why he picks on me so much... Actually me and Wiz are at his house right now. Gettins the animes!
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:00 am

Yeah, and I'd be one of those who never actually realized that. ^^ Neato! Wait.. when did you two meet?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tyrant » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:51 am

queen and i have been together since september last year. we actually met, albeit briefly, at the wlp party at a-kon 2006. it's just sort of one of those things you can't predict but just happened.
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:44 pm

But we can say.. .in a way... that WLP brought you together?

YES!
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tyrant » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:26 pm

basically....yes

and the escalator took us apart. her actually. queen managed to fall up the escalator trying to get to the battletech room on saturday night. i'm still trying to figure out how you fall up. i'm also trying to figure out how to relate her injury to other people without using the traditional "she fell down some stairs." :twisted:
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:10 pm

remember, a couple years ago I tripped & fell, cut my knee on the stopped escalator and it got infected! thankfully I had insurance-
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:41 pm

Finally, someone gives an accurate approximation of BAR-1's obnoxious streak!

Party was loaded with Ninjas... needs moar ninja hentai next year?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:34 pm

Who snapped these pics?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:34 pm

How in the world did Nadia miss being in ANY of the shots?
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

the anwer?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:42 am

I guess she took a few of the shots? , i dunno , most of the event was a bit of a blur as I went too many days without sleep , and only remember my waking moments as a haze of good ( but brief ) memories , although it is a good question how she did Dodge the camera so often....I dunno? :?

As for W.L.P. bringing these two forces known as queen , and tyrant , well ,strangely enough I barely had to play "cupid" on that one , hell most of the groundwork was already set before I ever thought of doing anything....

Although I KNOW that I am going to catch hell for playing these two into each other's arms... :shock: ( I have a bad habit of playing "games" with people , not really deceiving them , but influencing their actions...and yes I know you're probably expecting a really bad chess equation , well not this time... :twisted: )
Last edited by Wizard_of_odd on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:43 pm

The first one was courtesy of Marc, aka Kitsune.

The other two were me. I didn't snap many pics at the party, actually.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, did you know there's a Wikipedia article on ?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Mahna Mahna » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Mahna Mahna
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:47 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Next

Return to Convention Appearances