[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - A-Kon updates-

A-Kon updates-

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

A-Kon updates-

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:15 pm

Okay, we gots 2 side-by-side tabelsw, and registratoins-

We have 6, possibly 7 roomshares. But unfortunately- now all the executive suites are gone (just called) so, I'm going tohave to keep calling throughout May, hoping for a cancellation or two.

On the plus, side, I've got a higher res version of Rejected... and that's just the start.. More Segata Sanshiro, GI Joe, some SNL parody sketches, a clip of that 70s show involving Alice Cooper & D&D... and a growing collection of Convention Footage

Should shortly have enough wierdness to fill up 2 DVDs ^_^ keep you folks mentally occupied... or at least, traumatized, for the better part of the party.

I'll see what other wierdness I can find online, or hopefully learn to rip from my DVD collection...
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:21 pm

Do we at least have the regular room reserved?
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:53 pm

And a new too horrible for words find!

Two things that should never, could never have met.. but they did!

Happa-Tai (Yatta) on Jimmy Kimmel live!

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Morphy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:14 am

Having learned how to rip up my DVDs I can bring a few choice bits (even figured out how to unprotect non-region 1 DVDs). One that was hit on FPS was "Look Around You" (brit silliness in the form of a faux educational science programme you'd find mid-day on some public broadcasting station). I also have a few DVDs of recorded stuff off cable (Happy Tree Friends show and so on).

...and having 'discovered' torrents (now that I have a stable build of Azureus) I'll bring some of those too. You might like "Sex Warrior Pudding"-- silly and hentai. *^^*
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 am

Morphy, if you can torrent and rip all the "Goldfish Warning" fansub thus far, I'd be very grateful. I want to show at least one episode there, but don't know which one I'd choose.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:48 pm

Done and done... I've gotten episodes 1 through 9 fansubbed. Total size, 1600mb. Looks rather cute and innocent (hardly the material that I'd expect at a WLP video party tho, heh heh).
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:14 am

Goldfish Warning is indeed cute and innocent. It's also DERANGED. }:-{D
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby GreatDragon AD » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:12 am

Besides enjoying the events, the WLP party, meeting old friends, and such, that is as much as a plan that I have for the con. There migth be a chance for me to do some hanging out with some of the guys from bakunyuu.com too. You know, maybe I should bring some of my DVD's for the party too. I got all current Simpsons DVD sets and I got Home Movies Season 2 and 3. I just need to get season 1 and my set is complete for now until season 4.
PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
GreatDragon AD
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:48 am

I shouldn't bother bringing either. The Simpsons is not exactly a hard-to-find show, and I for one loathe Home Movies.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby GreatDragon AD » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm

PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
GreatDragon AD
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:49 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby GreatDragon AD » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Okay, any new updates yet? Just wondering. As for me and my brother, might be heading a tough speed bump on our way to the con. My bro' just got a letter about a bodily injury claim from his last car accident. If he doesn't have any proof that it was covered, he had to pay $1,300 and I might have to help him on paying it. We don't have that kind of money with us at this time until we get our tax refunds. Well, I hope my dad could talk this over with our car insurance company. Still, that much money isn't so bad. The person who got injured from the accident wanted $20,000 for just a minor neck injury. That's crazy if you asked me.

We will manage somehow. No way we're missing out our return to A-Kon.
PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
GreatDragon AD
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:00 pm

We managed to upgrade to a queen-queen suite.

Other than that, no major updates yet.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

My own update

Postby Morphy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:46 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:51 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:32 pm

Damn, just $100? That's less than one night in a standard quad.

More good news. Got the laptop back and tested out the s-video. It's not as sharp as the laptop's own screen but it works as advertised. Using a rf modulator will make it a little blurred but that might be because of the unit I tried. I have two of them, one's smaller and has the s-video input while the larger is a metal box with standard rca jacks. I also found a dongle to convert s-video to composite rca so I can use either box (I think I'll take the older unit as I've always gotten a cleaner signal from it.

So what does all that mean? Well, if I can play it on the laptop, it'll show on any video device I can get my hands on.

(Not sure about the IR interface tho, and I've still got to buy a b or g wireless card for the laptop)
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:55 pm

Well, BAR-1 went a bit overboard on offering room shares, y'see. At last count it was eight people...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:06 pm

Here's a major update on WLP's A-Kon presence:

White Lightning Productions will appear at Project: A-Kon, June 9-11, 2006 at the Adam's Mark in downtown Dallas, Texas!

The following people will all be in a row in the Komik Market:

* Kris Overstreet, WLP head honcho, writer, and State Legislature candidate

* Ben "BAR-1" Rodriguez, artist, Peter is the Wolf

* Michael van Slyke, WLP portfolio artist, costumer and filker

* Kouzou Shimokata, creator, Nipple Magician

* James Dawsey, creator, Shadowchasers

* Jason Meador, portfolio artist and longtime WLP acquaintance

Also floating around the convention, occasionally sitting in at the WLP tables, will be Zel Harris aka DarkZel, the artist of The Misadventures of Chichi-chan!

We'll all be in Section D of the Komik Market- right in the middle of everything, right across from Video Room 1!

White Lightning related activities at A-Kon:

FRIDAY ACTIVITIES
3:45 - 5:45 - PANEL: "No! Do it MY Way, it's BETTER!" (Teamwork in Webcomics)
Kris Overstreet and Ben Rodriguez try not to embarrass themselves while Two Lumps creators Mel Hynes and J. Grant, and Trunks and Soto, talk about how creative teams make comics work!

7:00 - 2:00 AM - WLP ROOM PARTY!
The traditional Friday night room party! BYObooze, but food, chips and soda will be on hand! Watch strange and wonderful videoes, including hentai as the night goes on! Play WLP MATCH GAME for WLP prizes! Enjoy WLP's reading library of publications and related stuff, including our earliest "publications!" Find out the latest WLP news! *18 and older only, please.*

SATURDAY ACTIVITIES

(time not yet set, probably pretty late) - PANEL: Naughty! Naughty! (How-to-Hentai!) WLP's creators are joined by incredibly skilled artist Ivan Flores (aka Crimsonjassic on DeviantArt) to teach you how to draw- and think up- cool hentai ideas!

More news as we find out ourselves! Come join us!

In the meantime, Kris Overstreet will be at ShiokazeCon in Houston in a week and a half! See you there!
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby mf_napalm » Wed May 03, 2006 1:18 am

mf_napalm
Just getting started

Postby ThunderFox JT » Mon May 15, 2006 7:03 pm

well, me and my bro will definitebe there and bunking with you guys too. Already save up more than enough money for the trip after paying my car repairs. ^^
Mess with the FOX, and you get the SHOCKS!!!
ThunderFox JT
Just getting started

Return to Convention Appearances