[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - A-Kon 2008

A-Kon 2008

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon May 05, 2008 9:01 pm

We're going to have a ton of entertainment old and new, but I feel I should mention a possible history lesson for the younger fans... Project: A-Ko will be one of the options available for viewing at this year's party.

And I might have mentioned this year's door prize game: Let's Make a Deal or No Deal.

Here's how that will work.

There will be twenty briefcases... well, envelopes, actually, because I can't afford to buy twenty damn briefcases for a one-shot party game.

The cases will contain certificates for (or prizes for): a small postcard, a large postcard, an older issue of Bootleg, a newer issue of Bootleg, a WLP badge, a COG CD (used), a COG DVD (used), a sampler DVD (not used because nobody wanted it)...

let's see, that's how many, eight down twelve to go? Well three more prizes will be commissions from WLP artists- DarkZel and two others yet to be confirmed.

Nine prizes left- how about a copy of G.A.H. #2, one of only sixty of the fanzines ever printed, from back in our 1999 early history?

Eight prizes left- Let's put some WLP gift certificates in there- $5, $10, $15, $25, $50, $75, and $100.

One prize left... and I'm going to go into WLP's file copies and assemble a One of Everything grand prize... one of every single comic issue WLP has ever published, a prize worth not less than $250.00.

So far, sounds a bit like Howie Mandel's show, right? Well, here come the twists.

First, rather than have one person go at a time- we are NOT going to spend ten hours giving shit out, right?- we're going to have ten people pick one envelope each at the same time.

Then, rather than have a presenter and a banker, we're going to have a Monty Hall- me. I'm going to try to buy or trade back those envelopes, thusly:

First, I make a standing offer for any of the envelopes- any of the remaining players can take the offer, hand in their envelope, and take the offer.

After this is done, I pick a player and ask them to open one of the envelopes not chosen at the start. After that, I may offer that player any one of the following options, depending on circumstances:

* Swap their unopened envelope for the one they just opened;
* Swap their envelope for some other player's envelope;
* Swap their envelope for whatever's behind the screen (an unlisted prize); or
* Swap their envelope for Box #1, Box #2, or Box #3. (Because we won't have room for three big stage doors.)

Afterwards, the player's prize is revealed; if they give me their envelope, that is opened and revealed to everyone.

Of course, I may make this a bit more flexible (trans. change the rules on the fly) if circumstances warrant, but you get the idea.

So- how does that sound to y'all?
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tyrant » Wed May 07, 2008 3:27 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Morphy » Fri May 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri May 16, 2008 8:22 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tyrant » Sat May 17, 2008 2:36 am

kris if you run into car trouble again you have my cell number. it's not too far out of the way in the case of an emergency
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby GreatDragon AD » Fri May 23, 2008 1:21 am

Well, me, my twin brother, and my best friend from work are going to this yera's A-Kon. We will be arriving after 1:15pm. Can't wait to see you all there.
PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
GreatDragon AD
Sweater stretching

Postby Morphy » Fri May 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Mon May 26, 2008 9:17 am

Should be interesting sharing 4 cards between 10 people, heh.
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 27, 2008 1:27 am

Well, the Friday night room party is also going to be a bit interesting.

First, WLP is in the dealer's room this year. Friday DR hours are 11 AM to 7 PM.

And, as you all know, we start the party at 7 PM- or before.

That means that, about 6-ish, I'm going to ask BAR-1 and whoever else I can persuade to go to the room, clear things away, set up a food table (if we have one to spare), etc. etc. and kick both viewing rooms off, while I shut down the WLP booth 7 on the dot and rush up to the room for the party. Somewhere in there arranging for the sandwiches and pizzas will also be, well, fun fun fun.

To make things better, right now I'm a bit short of both pocket money and space in the Exploder, what with the stuff I'm bringing to sell and all. For those of you driving to Dallas, I'd appreciate pledges to bring any or all of the following:

* Garbage bags
* Napkins
* Cups (60 or more)
* Small plates (100 or more)
* Forks and knives
* Sodas (inc. 4 Coke, 1 Coke Zero, 3 Dr. Pepper, 3 Sprite, 2 Sprite Zero (NO DIET SPRITE unless you're going to drink it with all of us watching), and misc.
* Cake (chocolate for preference; bonus if it has "WLP - TEN YEARS OF MILKMAID 1998-2008" or similar written on it, but good luck getting Wallyworld to do that with no questions asked)
* I really mean it about the napkins and garbage bags
* Receipts for all of the above purchased for WLP: you will be paid back with Friday's sales

I need to know by Wednesday afternoon, though- I leave home at 5 AM Thursday, and I need to know what I'm picking up on the way to Dallas myself...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tyrant » Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 am

we'll handle everything but the sodas. i figure that will make it easier and since we ALWAYS have to go to pay homage to the smiley faced devil we will be out anyway.
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby llearch » Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 am

I won't be there, but I'm tempted to ask...

... if I bring a bottle of diet sprite, will you bring something to wash the taste out of my mouth afterwards? ;-]
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 27, 2008 5:54 pm

OK, the sodas are bought.

Incidentally, we can still get a couple people into the room-share, if there's interest at this late stage of things.

And finally, one other viewing option I'm bringing with me: the 2-DVD set of At Last the 1948 Show, the BBC show Graham Chapman and John Cleese worked on (also starring Marty Feldman) just prior to Monty Python.

And the DVD was five "best of" episodes made for showing in Scandanavia, so the best material from the series is on it- and it is really, really funny, trust me on this.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue May 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Well, I'm bringing - every video I've got a Rifftrax too, as well as Shoot 'Em Up (pure win!), Dungeons & Dragons (pure pain!, no trax, but we can heckle ourselves...) and Hot Fuzz (pure LOL).

I also need to organize what prints I'm printing up...and hopefully we'll have a metric ton of new t-shirts & items for sale -
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Morphy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 am

About the buying of store goods, there's a Super Target I hit last year after I found out how to get there by walking (need to take a DART 1 station over from the hotel). Could do in a pinch for those of us without cars.
Morphy
Button popping

Postby llearch » Wed May 28, 2008 9:33 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Bosch Parano » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:05 am

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Morphy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:50 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:49 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Bosch Parano » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 am

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:56 pm

And don't forget, next year....

40 Cakes

That's as many as four tens,

And that's Terrible.

Awesome storytime. Maybe that's what we should just do in the first room instead of movies. BAR-1's f'ed up convention story hour.

Or maybe more film shorts a-la Hell. Still have to get teh Mangurt hi-rez from my buddy Gary.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

PreviousNext

Return to Convention Appearances