[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - A-Kon 20 (2009)

A-Kon 20 (2009)

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Has anyone posted the offer for roomshares in the A-kon forum?
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Yes, I did.

And I noticed that a lot more people this year are offering roomshares than are requesting rooms- a major turnaround from last year...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 am

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue May 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Queen of Night » Tue May 26, 2009 9:08 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 27, 2009 8:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Queen of Night » Thu May 28, 2009 12:08 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri May 29, 2009 7:10 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bordeux » Sun May 31, 2009 11:21 pm

>what so I have to put something original here? huh.. I guess i should come up with something original...<
bordeux
Feeling strange

Postby Bosch Parano » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bordeux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:51 am

>what so I have to put something original here? huh.. I guess i should come up with something original...<
bordeux
Feeling strange

Postby drizzt6667 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 am

drizzt6667
Feeling strange

Postby Morphy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:13 pm

I know this has nothing to do specifically with the A-kon trip, Kris...

About hacking the hotel TV. It should have been a no-brainer but anyone going on a trip should bring along a universial remote. Even a $10 one from Radio Shack should do it. Allowing you to not only change channels to the high end (get to watch random PPV without paying for it, but only if someone else somewhere in the hotel has bought it first) but, more importantly, change the input modes.

I should have known this all along but it's one of those like-falling-down-the-stairs simple ideas that you realize after the fact.

So... next con, I'll have a universial remote to see what I can get into.

Oh yes, you might also have to unplug the phoneline that goes into that black box to keep it from switching the TV back to it's default state. I imagine that's a hell of a lot easier to do than mess around with those stupid coax cable collars.

(Amazing what you'll find when you start google-browsing)
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:35 pm

... Man I hate missing my B-day con... V.v yeah folks... My b-day is June 8th... >.> I save up my money to go to dallas and well... give myself the closest thing to a party... With friends and girls... I can... Tch... After my bills... I have enough to go to the Lucas Event at NASA and see the old C3-PO, R2-D2, jone's hat, and more on display... Yup... A $14.99 ticket... no buying snacks or drinks there just a ticket...

Well if anyone was out cosplaying or had a camera I'd enjoy ya PMing them maybe... Give me an idea at what you saw... V.v I'm going to go back into my crawl space...

Also I think Morphy is right...
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby drizzt6667 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 pm

drizzt6667
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:37 am

If anyone was curious about A-kon 20's numbers, here's a few.

Attendance was up about 5% from last year's 15000.

The Sunday banquet was 135 tickets sold out of 290 planned for-- I was the only one at Antarctic Press' table besides Ben Dunn and Rod Espinosa. It was a bit akward but I really like Ben's work, even if I'm not a Gold Digger otakou and can rattle off GD trivia all day. (AP's table should have had at least three people besides the guests. Ben and Rod spotted at least one person there who should have been with us but bailed for another table, most likely because that table was fully reserved on the sign-up sheet and jumped tables once inside the banquet)

I was really hoping the Banquet would have sold out but it was like no one reads the A-kon newsletters which stated this was the last banquet. Ah well, the banquet never seemed to sell out, or even get kinda full these past years. I bet this is why it's been phased out; just not enough special guests in there to draw a crowd.

p.s. BAR, if you see Ben later, tell him I appologize for the appallingly low turn-out at the banquet.
Morphy
Button popping

Previous

Return to Convention Appearances