[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - A-Kon 2011

A-Kon 2011

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

A-Kon 2011

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 pm

I let this lapse the last few months...

Yes, I'll be in the A-Kon dealer's room again!

And I've reserved the hotel room for the roomshare and the Friday night party! Who's in?
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:17 am

I'll be there of course, someone has to hack the TVs and supply the pixie stix. :)

I'm curious if I'll also be the Money Man for the room itself like 2010. ;)

Gawd, I hope to heck the price of gas doesn't go nuts this summer, I'm estimating the round trip is 1700mi at 15mpg (car started out at 19 but it's very old) which is about 115 gallons. Going at the current price of $3.20, that's almost $370 in gas. The cheapest airline ticket is $400 plus baggage fees (another $80 or so).
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Morphy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Update on the tech support for the hotel room (aka. me)...

Finally found the ultimate remote. Got my hands on a Logitech Harmony 300 for under $30. It syncs from the Logitech website from a database of over 225,000 devices (and more added all the time) so no matter what's in that room, this remote will operate it. Because if it can't, nothing else will. :D

Oh yes, I will break into the menu on that fancy flatscreen TV and make it do my bidding... oh yes.
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Morphy » Tue May 10, 2011 5:40 pm

One month to go... hows the situation fare for the A-kon roomshare?
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Right now Thurs-Saturday nights are at either 6 or 7 people. (The seventh person is a WLP helper, a Dallas local, and will have her share comped out of my pocket any night she decides to crash.)

Sunday night is, AFAIK, just Morphy and myself. Anyone flying to A-Kon and not leaving until Monday? I should MUCH like not to have only a two-way split that last night... but I won't be able to check out and into a smaller room and run the dealer booth at the same time...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Toast » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Oh, yay, Misha's back! She's great.
Toast
Bodice ripping

I'll be coming

Postby Yurie » Mon May 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon May 30, 2011 3:51 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 am

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tHEfOOL » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 am

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

screw double damn, my cups are fuckers
Never say never it likes to bite you in the ass
Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Cake, eh?

Postby Toast » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 am

I'm a good baker but a terrible decorator. It won't be a problem for me to bring a chocolate cake so delicious and moist you'd swear there was some kind of deception going on, but it wouldn't look like anything special.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you need the cake to be a cake or to be an advertising vehicle? If the latter, can't help. If the former, non sudor.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 am

The cake is to be a cake, the eating kind. }:-{D
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tHEfOOL » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Postby Toast » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:46 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Morphy
Button popping

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm

sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Postby Yurie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

That's good. I can bring chips and dip if anyone likes. It won't be anything fancy and homemade, but chips and dip is till chips and dip. Also, drinks. :3
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 pm

I'll be buying 2-liter bottles of soda, thus:

3 X Coke
3 X Dr. Pepper
3 X Sprite
2 X Root Beer
1 X Coke 0
2 X Sprite 0 (I drink it)
1 X Diet A&W (ditto)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Next

Return to Convention Appearances