[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - A-Kon 2012

A-Kon 2012

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

A-Kon 2012

Postby Morphy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 pm

, June 1-3, 2012 at the Sheraton Dallas

Starting the thread now should anyone wish to start organizing.

Myself, I'll be driving down despite the staggering cost of gas. And curiously enough, flying down would still cost me the same overall. However, with the car, I can haul as much as I dare. Will bring the printer (c7280 can do whatever the hotel Business center can do; print, scan, copy, and work with memory cards), mini-flatbed, cooler, and pixies again.

I will be working at Registration (as staff I have to be there +18hrs and more), opening shifts, so in fair warning expect me to be crawling about at some ungodly morning hour after the rest of you all partied till the AM. :D

If there's any requests for stuff to be brought down, please post about it. Although I will point out there's a Super Target just one DART-stop down the line so you need not shlep bags of food across state borders. I can buy a cheap electric water kettle for the ramen noodle lovers for example (hot water from the coffee maker will taste a lot like watery coffee and making noodles IN the pot in not recommended should other people want coffee)
Morphy
Button popping

Re: A-Kon 2012

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 pm

The executive suite is reserved for check-in Thursday, check-out Sunday morning. (This will be EARLY, as the room will have to be emptied out and all of WLP's stuff stashed in the van before 9:30 AM so we can hand over the room before the dealer's room opens.)

We also have a regular room reserved for Sunday night (to save a bit of money, as the Sunday night room hasn't been used much the last couple years).

We're shooting for 8 people Thurs-Sun, which comes to $108 per head for that period.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Sun May 13, 2012 8:49 am

Two weeks to go and this thread is just you and me Kris, ooooh... this is gonna suck. I really hope we got some roomshares.
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 13, 2012 9:01 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Sun May 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow! I'm so far out of the loop... heh.

I'm still concerned there's been no posting here. None of the usual suspects from years previous.

...wonder if we'll get the same suite, 666?
Morphy
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Well, let's see...

WHO'S COMING TO THE ROOM PARTY?

This year's game is a demo of something I'll be selling at the booth- the card game "REDSHIRTS" by Skippy Schwarz... yes, THAT Skippy...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Toast » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

Ooh, I love your game demos. Count me in!
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Yurie » Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 pm

I'll be coming. I'll bring plates, cups, napkins... basically anything we need for food and drunk containment. I could also bring other stuff if need be. I'll likely bring a friend as well.
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 20, 2012 9:20 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Yurie » Wed May 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm assuming there's going to be pizza. I can try to come up with a cake, unless anyone else has some sort of special plan...
Yurie
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Room 3266, Sheraton North Tower

Friday night, 8 PM to 2 AM (early arrivals might get to see the Star Wars ep of the Muppet Show)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Morphy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am

Rolled into home at 2am Tuesday, fairly uneventful 14hr drive. Safe and sound... and waiting for next year to get here. :D
Morphy
Button popping

Return to Convention Appearances