A-kon 2014

Where are we going? Where should we go? Yes, that's right, tell us where to go.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

A-kon 2014

Postby Morphy » Wed May 28, 2014 10:35 am

I know, this is being posted horribly late. That said, I thought I overheard in FB that you'll have a booth babe, Michah? I lost track of the post so I can't go back to find the correct spelling (sorry M). Assuming it's not an utter madhouse like 2013 at Reg, I might even be able to shop the Dealer's Room rather than just see it through an open door. (I spent just about my entire time behind the desk, partly to help with the mob and partly because I was rather afraid for my life if they knew I was Reg staff outside of Registration, heh, er, ugh... 4 to 6hr waits in line do not make for happy anime fans)
Morphy
Button popping

Re: A-kon 2014

Postby Toast » Thu May 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Oh, man. I love Mischa. She made my kid's favorite satchel and my favorite stuffed animal (a matched set). And my awesome custom badge. Sadly, we're skipping A-Kon this year. Last year was just too much of a clustercuss, what with the bottlenecks and the poor planning and the whatnot. Also that open-atrium hotel gave me the acrophobic conniptions.
Toast
Bodice ripping

Re: A-kon 2014

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 29, 2014 3:21 pm

They've moved registration out of the dealer/artist ghetto, so that bottleneck might be shrunken somewhat. OTOH, that's one less reason for congoers to make the walk to the ass-end of the complex, so it's too soon to tell if it ends up being bad or good for the vendors.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Convention Appearances