[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - All Ages Print Comic Ideas

All Ages Print Comic Ideas

We printed an issue of Maid Attack... maybe we'll do it again, we hope

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

All Ages Print Comic Ideas

Postby ShiroiFAN » Sat May 30, 2009 12:35 pm

ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby ShiroiFAN » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 pm

ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby tHEfOOL » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:58 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby ShiroiFAN » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:29 pm

ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby ShiroiFAN » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Genie Wanted,

@
|"|
\_\
/
&

Apply Within.
ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby YujinStudio » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm

I like it. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
YujinStudio
Button popping

Postby ShiroiFAN » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Genie Wanted,

@
|"|
\_\
/
&

Apply Within.
ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby YujinStudio » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm

YujinStudio
Button popping

Postby ShiroiFAN » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Sounds like a classic childhood friend moment; I'll try mixing it with the Magic Artist storyline around February. It'll work great since I didn't have much of an ending and the whole imagined artist made Shiroi seem a little around the bend. Adding you in just makes her a bit lonely.

Meanwhile, I've been browsing DeviantArt for ideas and tips. I found a some new palettes and "Bases." Basically, people provide bald naked line art of character for other people to dress and style. They're good to practice inking on since I'm not so married to the original lines.

Credit to PockyPixels if you're in the area and are interested.
(I'll delete it if you guys are against bases)
Genie Wanted,

@
|"|
\_\
/
&

Apply Within.
ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby YujinStudio » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm

What I was thinking is that the toy of me is what Santa had originally planed on giving Shiroi. However Chichi's meddling results in Shiroi getting two gifts.

The doll looks pretty good. I posted some pictures of me in the convention board. Granted that's me dressed up, but the only difference is that I tie my hair. Just check my Flickr if you want to see. So you know the shirt I'm referring to is from Jinx. You can see it at .

Working with others' line art to practice isn't a bad idea. I've done it myself when I'm too lazy or uninspired to draw something to practice. Overall your coloring doesn't look bad. But there are still some problems. When you ink you should smooth out the original lines. There's a couple of spots in her bangs and shoulder that should be touched up.

For the most part you should do things the way you want. I can teach you the way I do things, but if it's not the only way. When it comes to line art I like to use vector lines. I can't trace the lines very well with the brush tool. Plus, it allows me to make changes much easier. In the comic, all the changes were done on the computer. The sketches I posted are the same ones I used to do the final. Let me know what program you use and maybe I can give you some tips.

YujinStudio
Button popping

Postby ShiroiFAN » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Genie Wanted,

@
|"|
\_\
/
&

Apply Within.
ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Postby YujinStudio » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:46 am

Either I interpreted things wrong or you made changes and didn't say anything. The way I understood the premise is this:

Chichi going around trying to find Xmas presents for everyone.
Shiroi asks for an artist.
Using her pull at the North Pole Chichi asks Santa to help.
Chaos ensues at the N.P.

Using that as the premise I figured the reason Shiroi gets two gifts is that her gift was already set. Since I can't be gifted per se, Santa gives her a toy that will influence me to visit WLP again. Since Chichi has a little pull, she asks Santa about it and agrees not bothering to check his list. This second gift is you (whatever you want that to be).

YujinStudio
Button popping

Return to All Ages Print Comics