[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Character likenesses

Character likenesses

Ask us anything except where your order is...

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Character likenesses

Postby Akagin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:28 pm

Going out on a limb here, a very obscure and iffy limb.

I am a member of an online 2D RPG game. There, we can make custom weapons, armor and such, having the site's artists actually create the image to go along with them.

Assuming I include full credit to all concerned parties, what are the chances of being allowed to use some of WLP's characters to create a harem of sorts for my character? (Unfortunately, the size of the image limit is fairly small, and will likely just be a close-up of the character's face, and not any other, ahem, assets.)

(If it makes a difference, no money will be used in the creation of these items, nor will they be used to make my or the site money.)
Akagin
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm

The rules for the use of WLP characters are:

(1) Give credit to the creators and/or WLP;

(2) Let us know when it's done and let us see;

(3) Don't make money off it, or let others do so; and

(4) Don't have the characters do things they wouldn't do in our comics- be respectful to them.

Keep within those rules, and have fun!
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Akagin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Alright, there shouldn't be any trouble with any of those. Should I send the finished forms to you, or just post them here?

And I'll probably just use the same copyright text thing from the Wiki entry to make sure I have everything covered.
Akagin
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Bosch Parano » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Akagin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Well, I don't think it'd be anything to really get anyone's hopes up. Assuming the links work, here's an example, starring Illyasviel von Einzbern from Fate/stay night.

http://images.phantasyrpg.com/equipment ... nzbern.gif
Akagin
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Um... yeah. You really didn't need to worry about likenesses.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Akagin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 am

Well, I thought I better make sure, just in case. It may not be a major use of the characters, but I thought it wouldn't be good to assume that meant it was okay to set a precedent for use without permission. Should I still post them here once finished?
Akagin
Sweater stretching

Return to Dumb Questions