[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - WLP Studios as an RPG Setting

WLP Studios as an RPG Setting

Posts here referring to the development of WLP's game projects.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

WLP Studios as an RPG Setting

Postby ShiroiFAN » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:15 am

Totally not related to my fan project revolving around a character that lives there, I thought I'd bring up the idea of WLP Studios as a role playing setting.

From what I can tell, its basically a house in the middle of the woods, prime real estate for zombie attacks.

What makes for an interesting twist is that half of the players would be artist/writers and the other half are cartoons. Characters can't technically "die" unless, of course, their artist/writer gets killed by the zombies. Let's say that the artist and writer are a team who work together to bring the character to life. In roleplay, that means as long as one of them is holding a notebook and pencil or is sitting at the computer, the character exists in real life and can help them.

However the zombies aren't interested in ink and paper, they want "Braaaaains!" Its tempting to just create the entire cast of Milkmaid then send Prixen into the next room to hold off the zombies while Magnificent and Juggs "keep up morale." Just as a house rule, lets say the Artist/Writer duo needs to be a certain combined level to summon a number of characters or a character with a certain power. In order to gain levels, they have to defeat zombies or be in the room while their character defeats zombies.

So while DarkZel and Mr. Overstreet could summon Milkmaid and have her squirt milk, they have to actually get their hands dirty if they want her to summon a giant robot, etc.

So the idea is on the board if anyone wants it. I don't claim ownership because every zombie game I've ever played or ran can be summed up in a single sentence:

"Describe the room in more DETAIL, I wanna be McGuyver!!!"

Maps, lists of supplies, and all sorts of technical details would come up. I could make stuff up on the fly, but I'd ask permission to start thinking now if I were going to have anything up by halloween.
ShiroiFAN
Sweater stretching

Return to Game Playtesting