[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Werewolf and the Businessman

The Werewolf and the Businessman

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Werewolf and the Businessman

Postby Nanaki001 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:49 am

Here's something I wrote for a friend, and then later turned in to a short story contest. I'll let you know if I win anything. ^^

Whoever can guess what it's based on wins a cookie. :3

There once lived a pack of werewolves in New York City. The humans feared them greatly, so they lived on the outskirts of the town. They had to struggle to get by with the little food they had.

One day, a werewolf was in a small park. A large and well-dressed businessman was at a stand, buying a hot dog. The businessman saw the werewolf, and took pity.

“Werewolf,” he asked, “How can you survive when you have no food in the wild? You should move into the city; we have plenty of food here. I eat every day and never worry.”

The werewolf thought for a moment. “Yes,” he said quietly to himself, “It would be nice not to have to struggle daily for small bites of food.”

Suddenly, a loud and annoying beeping sound came from the businessman’s pocket. The werewolf stared, somewhat startled. “What is that?” he asked.

The businessman pulled the source of the beeping, something small and black, and sighed sadly. “That’s my cell phone,” he said, “I work for people who provide me what I need to get food. We have this thing called money; without it, you can’t have anything, so I work day and night to get as much of it as I can.”

The werewolf frowned. “Wow,” he said with a shake of his head, “I can’t believe on how much you’re missing out on.”

“What do you mean?” asked the businessman, “I have everything I could ever want!”

“Yeah, but in exchange for your freedom,” said the werewolf, "I would rather be starving and free than to be fat and a slave."

And with that, the werewolf disappeared through the trees.

THE END
Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:04 pm

This reads suspiciously like an Aesop's fable I vaguely recall, involving a fox and a horse I think.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Nanaki001 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Nanaki001 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Nanaki001
Sweater stretching

Return to Creativity R We