[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

The SCM-07 Legionary is the standard medium combat mecha for the Colonial Republic Militia and is mainly used on larger ships or space stations where the higher mass (versus the lighter SCM-05) has less overall effect on the performance of either. Lighter ships would be more adversely affected by the greater mass, which is why the SCM-05 is used on them.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Mecha are complex vehicles, and as such require a goodly amount of training to use properly. Fortunately, the SCM-07 Legionary is designed for less adept users, and allows them to get the most out of their ride, while not getting in the way.

In this scene, Mindy is doing some rifle training on a moon-based range, in an SCM-07. Note that this isn't the moon that orbits Colony 12, as that is off-limits (the lunar colony doesn't allow the other nations to operate there, as they see the other nations as primitive and barbaric), but a different planet's moon.

The symbol for Mecha Training is the letters TC superimposed over an axe. The axe is the traditional symbol of the "Brotherhood of Iron and Wood", a group who helped the formation of the Colonial Republic by teaching the citizenry (in secret at first) how to make and use simple weapons. The most first, and most common weapon used initially was the axe, as it had many uses outside battle, and was devastating inside it. After the creation of the Colonial Republic, the axe became the symbol of military training and preparedness, and the Brotherhood of Iron and Wood became part of the general national preparedness strategy.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:58 am

Yuki wants to give her valentine's chocolate, and she's almost ready to say something... c'mon Yuki, you can do it!

Art Notes:

I wanted to draw up a Valentine's Day themed picture, so this is what I went with. It's Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, using the personality she had in Disappearance, as it's the one I like best. Yuki is fine enough normally, but Nerdy Nagato is super awesome.

Drawn in OpenCanvas.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm

It's a pretty straightforward picture- Ritsu and Kon are enjoying a bit of cake. And yes, she does know what/who Kon is.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Here's Nico Robin in a slingshot style bikini:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Training for the Gundam Fight can be really hard. Sometimes it's hard to know where to even start. Don't worry, you're not the only one training, and training with someone else can help you get much better quickly. Why not train together with Allenby?

Let Allenby help you out with her easy to follow combat exercises in this instructional video. You'll cover the basics and then move onto the more complex combat maneuvers.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Here's Nikki in a sling/slingshot style bikini:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 pm

I've been doing some more thinking about mecha designs, and I wanted to try a slightly different look this time- while still retaining the basic forms and ideas that I build my mecha off of. This is what I came up with. I wanted a more threatening look to suit the power of the design. It is armed with a heavy launcher for guided missiles, two energy filament swords, two ETC cannon, and a bunch of countermeasures (chaff/flare launchers and the like).

As it looks suitably "cool", Mindy would be quite happy to pilot it.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I was fiddling a bit with a rough painting, and this is what I ended up with. Just a quick little thing.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:00 pm

After a fun day at the beach, Mindy is enjoying a nice sunset. Soon the lights will be on at the beachside park, for more fun times.

Those huts may look too close to the water, but no worries- they are constructed with tech that allows them to "float" in the sand, and adjust position accordingly, and are much stronger and supple than they look.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Arturia Pendragon:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Miku's Revenge:
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 pm

It's Nami, beachside, in a bikini, with some navigator's tools. There's always time for a bit of map reading, even at the beach.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Here's Yoruichi catching a few rays- you know cats and sunny, high spots.

Or you could take the alternative explanation- Yoruichi got dressed up in a cat suit, and posed for a few photos.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm

I never really understood Sylia Stingray's character design from it, however, until recently when I learned more about the artist Patrick Nagel. You may recall his work on the cover of "Rio" from "Duran Duran" (if not, it's easy enough to find).

So, I decided to draw a picture of Sylia in a sort of Nagel-esque style, and this is what I came up with. Nagel's design sense was incredible, and I loved the solid and dynamic constructions he built. I just had to try something similar after seeing it.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Crunch Jackson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Oooo, neat! A very interesting stylistic change... :)
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! It was both fun and a learning experience to try this style out.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Staci's enjoying a nice day at the beach. Who's Staci? Well, she's a character that I just created- I need to practice character design, along with a bunch of other stuff, so this is what I drew. Staci is 20 years old, stands 170cm tall, and I'll think up more details later.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri May 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Ice Cream Princess:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Regarding what you say on the beachside pic:

Yes, I prefer the tanned, muscular, busty bikini girl to the other pic. The main reason is, of course, obvious.

But more to the point, the first "Ice Cream Princess" pic isn't much more than a character design pic. She's not doing much of anything. There's minimal action, minimal viewer -interaction-, little more than a young woman standing on water.

With the bikini picture, my sex drive supplies its own interaction, its own imagination built off the image. With the first picture, there's nothing to trigger any similar reaction.

The beachside pic is a pinup; the original design is, well, just a picture.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby wbd » Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

That's true for the Ice Cream Princess picture, but it doesn't apply to several other pieces, like Miku versus Sharon, Afternoon Tea Break and Miku Caritas. Those were more the pictures I was thinking about when I posted my main message.

New art:

Sonic Loan:

Character design:
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Rhonda Bedside:
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Kagami and Konata cosplaying:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat May 29, 2010 12:40 am

Wielding her mighty axe, Azunyan is ready to take on all challengers in her quest to win the tournament! Hailing from a far away country, she journeyed many miles and endured great hardships, emerging all the stronger and fiercer.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Strike Ritsu
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We