[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

wbd's General Art Thread

Postby wbd » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:40 am

Well, I thought I'd start off by setting up a little thread for general style art that might be interesting to the viewers of WLP. Or something like that. I have trouble with short, concise sentences.

I'm in the process of building my own comic, and I've created several characters for it. I've linked up a few pics of them that might be interesting.

Edit- You may notice there are a lot of edited posts in this thread. That's pretty much my fault- over the years a lot of the pics and links have gone dead, and I've neglected to remove them as I should have done a long time ago. I haven't re-uploaded the older pics, as I'm really unhappy with the quality of many of them. Hopefully I've made some artistic progress lately, however!
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Lightfoot » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:58 am

I remember you from your Chi-Chi Chan guest strips.

A comic, or a webcomic?

Those look good. Is it a space ship action comic, or a comic about giant robot pilots?
Lightfoot
Feeling strange

Postby GreatDragon AD » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:11 am

Nice! Thanks for sharing your pics. Just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed your guest strips for Chichi-chan. Hope you to see more from you again.
PUERTORICAN POWER!!!
...'nuff said
GreatDragon AD
Sweater stretching

Postby wbd » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:21 pm

Lightfoot, GreatDragonAD,

Thank-you. My comic will be a sort of sci-fi one, and there will be some aircraft, and a few combat suits [though not very big ones] as well. Getting into space is still pretty expensive, so the vast majority of people on the Colony don't go there very often. Mindy and co. aren't really the best of the best, however, but they can look after themselves. It's more of a comedy than anything else.

My chief challenge at the moment is finishing my backstory. After that, I need to do some more work on practicing comic pages, to make sure that I can do a good job of them.

As for more art, I should have some more pics done soon enough, though they may need to go to the other creative section.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Catherine_Puce » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:31 pm

I like them, specialy the last one. I really hope that you post new stuff soon. This will be a pleasure to look them.

Tu es beaucoup plus talentueux que moi.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby wbd » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:05 pm

Thank-you. I should have something done soon, but I'm not sure what, or exactly when. I have to get some more practice done, and I also need to work on some basic concepts for my comic.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Here's my latest pic of Nene, for the Bubblegum Crisis fans in the house- and she's just woken up, er, maybe a few minutes ago. I tried to make her look a bit disheveled, but not too much:

(Edit- Unfortunately this link is dead, so I've removed it.)

It's a pretty simple pic, admittedly, but it at least lets me feel like I accomplished something during this hectic week.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:03 am

And taking another step towards the production of my planned comic, I've given the girls a flight suit:

It may look pretty normal on the outside, but it's very high tech and all, and comes complete with many features, like buoyancy in water, heat regulation and durability.

Oh, and it also comes in a lovely shade of eye-searing green, which is great for when you need to see someone [like in a rescue operation].
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Any Azumanga Daioh fans in the house? I've drawn a few pics of it recently, and I've linked up what I've finished so far.

Here's the first in a brief sort of series, a crossover pic between Galaxy Angels and Azumanga Daioh.

Vanilla S:

And here's my latest pic done, Tomo and Yotsuba. I think that this is at the end of one of Yotsuba's adventures, and Tomo is making sure she makes it home safe and sound [not that there was any doubt that she would, of course]:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:08 pm

This probably won't make sense to the majority of readers. Osaka got a job, and did rather well at it. The trouble started when she tried to quit, however:

-Where am I?
In The Village.
-What do you want?
Information.
-Whose side are you on?
That would be telling.
We want information. Information. Information!
-You won't get it.
By hook or by crook, we will.
-Who are you?
The new teacher.
-Who is Chiyo-Dad?
You are Osaka.
-I AM NOT OSAKA, I AM A FREE WOMAN!

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:42 pm

Cute, and not nearly as obscure as you think.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby wbd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:15 am

Thanks. I didn't know how many people would get the reference, but it seems that here there are more old-schoolish fans [of many things]. On some of the other forums, it's a bit harder to do cross-overs, or even pics of non mass-media series [as in, anything other than what has run on CN in the past two years or so].

This one's a bit less well known- Asagi, from Yotsuba&!, dressed up as Yotsuba:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:26 am

Here's a pretty quick pic, of my original character Saeko, but cosplaying as Ranpha Framboise:

I'm still practicing certain elements- I'm working on consistency. I've got a few larger pics to work on now, and I also want to get back into practicing drawing comic pages, as I think I have identified several key points for improvement.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:09 pm

There's an odd little flash site called Drawball.com, where you can draw anything you want, but anyone else can draw on it. Well, drawing Kagura on the Drawball, and dealing with all the vandalism reminded me of Jet Set/Grind Radio.

With that in mind, I did some concept layouts on my way home from work [sitting on the oh-so-fun bus]. Here's the resulting production pic. Here's Kagura [Azumanga Daioh] in Jet Set Radio [Dream Cast version] form:

I used the Azumanga Daioh colors for the logo, instead of the "real" ones, and I think it works alright.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:27 pm

Well, Ryoga seems to have gotten himself a bit lost again. Fortunately, he's got someone to help him out. Or not. Maybe this is some sort of strange multidimensional crossover:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:01 am

There was an argument a few threads back on the /azu board of iichan, regarding Tomo. Some people wanted her to succeed in life, become a policewoman like she dreamed, that sort of thing. Others didn't like her, and wanted her to die.

Well, I think I have made an effective compromise for the two factions. It took less time to color than I thought, too.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:36 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 pm

And how about a little "Galaxy Angels" fanart:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Shayla-Shayla, having saved the rest of the El-Hazard team from yet another dimensional mix-up, finds herself in another world. Fortunately (?), she finds someone who has recently lost track of her red-headed buddy, so she now has a new team-mate to work with...

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:58 am

Another one of my original characters:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:44 pm

This is a very short [two page] practice comic series, and I have just completed the first page. The scene should be self-explanatory, so I don't want to add too much explanation here, but I can clear things up if anything doesn't make total sense.

Anyways, here's page one of two.

-EDIT-
A little site hiccup there, but it's fixed now:

Page two coming soon enough. I know I should be more careful, but I consider it a victory to just get a comic page done.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:18 pm

And here's the second page in the Drinks series:

I opted not to shade it as it was taking too darned long, so I decided to just wrap things up. I think the key thing here was to finish a second page, rather than focus on detail work [though detail is key]. After all, I haven't been able to finish a mini-series in a long time, so this was good for me.

And here's the concept sketch for a banner for my comic:

I'll be tweaking it a bit tomorrow, and hopefully have it done sooner rather than later.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:30 am

Ri ron't ret it, Raggy.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby wbd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:25 pm

I'm afraid you're in the minority, Kris, based on responses from the other forums I post in... though perhaps they are more familiar with the characters.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:57 am

I had sketched this out last week, but with the busy time that I had, I wasn't able to finish it up until today.

They still need names, but I should be able to come up with that soon enough, hopefully. Anyways, here's the three heroines:

I cleaned this pic up in Paintshop Pro, then exported it to Flash, to practice with some of the tools. I used Flash to clean the inks up some more, then I put it back in Paintshop Pro, and finished it up.

The big thing I was practicing in this pic was torsion- making the pose look more natural by having the characters do what we really do- shift our weight. There's more to it than that, but I figure that's a good enough explanation.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Next

Return to Creativity R We