[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I'm practicing torsion/rhythm, and I did a little sketch of Nene to help with it. It was too small to ink properly, so I scanned it in, and used Flash to ink [as that's another thing I need to practice]. I then colored it in Paintshop Pro.

So, here's Nene, adjusting her boot:

(Edit- Unfortunately this link is dead, so I've removed it.)
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby mf_napalm » Wed May 03, 2006 1:15 am

mf_napalm
Just getting started

Postby wbd » Wed May 03, 2006 9:38 pm

Thanks! I've got another practice comic page that I just finished pencilling, and a few other ideas that need to get finished up, but hopefully will be soon.

Then there's all my comic backstory work- I've got most of the history down, but I need to work on the, well, er, everything else.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun May 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Okay,I just finished the next practice page. It's not up to the level that I'd like, but I needed to finish it, so here it is. I think I'm improving with respect to my mecha drawing, however, but still have a ways to go.

Here's the set-up: Mindy and Ayana are checking out a "Flying Base", a very large craft that is operated by the regular Colonial Republic forces [Mindy and Ayana are in the militia]:

This one has been made with the new fonts that I just picked up. It's also just one page long. I'll try to think up something interesting for the next series.

Also, I finally managed to complete the map of the Colonial Republic [the place where Mindy, Saeko, Ayana and their friends live]. It's an overview map, with major features located, which should help me place things appropriately.

I've left out the really small towns, but most places are shown. I've also added major roads and ports, to give a better indication of how things go together.

Small size:

Full size:

Next up will be a map of the area around Starlight, the city that Mindy lives in. I need to be fairly specific about Starlight and area- the more I know about the area, the better I can draw the comics that take place there.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue May 09, 2006 9:20 pm

Okay, how about another crossover?

The school that the Azumanga crew were going to was recently shut down during the recent building scandal [buildings not being built to the appropriate earthquake codes].

Fortunately, there was space at other nearby schools, and it seems that the new transfers are getting along with their classmates quite well...

[As an aside, it's a semi-quick pic I drew up to help myself practice work on comic pages]
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed May 10, 2006 10:09 pm

You may recall Nanami Jinnai, the entrepreneurial and determined friend of Makoto Mizuhara in El-Hazard [or maybe not, if you haven't seen the OAV series, and still need to see it]. Well, according to the data in the artbook, she was born on May 12, 1979, which makes her 26. I drew her as she'd look at age 26 [almost 27, her birthday is this Friday], or at least how I think she might look:

It's a sorta quick pic, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

There's more to the pic, however... I sorta, uh, drew her a bit too "mature" (but safe for work), and cropped out that part for most viewers, but I think that WLP fans may have a better appreciation:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon May 15, 2006 9:07 pm

Here's a quick sketch that I turned into a finished picture, with the help of digital inking [otherwise I wouldn't have been able to capture the details involved, as it was a really small sketch]. This is getting closer to her "cutesy" proportions, as she should look:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon May 22, 2006 4:27 pm

Here's another of Saeko cosplaying... this time, she's cosplaying as Etna, from Disgaea:

I'm working on refining Saeko's design, and this is what I've done so far (though she has her hair up like Etna's, rather than as she'd normally wear it).
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm

I have been making good progress on the model sheets of my characters. To start, here's Mindy...

This will help me remain consistent in my production of pictures, and will give people a little idea about Mindy and how she looks... next up will be Saeko.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Dig the art!

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu May 25, 2006 9:47 pm

I realy enjoyed the art and hope to see more if anyone knocked your style let me know...I think that I could shut them up with the clever and unspeakable use of a giant salami... :twisted: , but i digress... i'm looking forward to seeing more. :D
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Sat May 27, 2006 12:50 pm

Thanks... No one knocked my style, but I need to work hard to make things look good, and I need to watch for consistency in my output.

What I'm working on now are good model sheets, so that I can maintain that level of consistency I need when I draw my full comic.

Again, thanks for the support, I hope to get more neat stuff up as soon as possible (and more of Saeko, Mindy, Ayana and the rest of the girls, along with some fanart, too).
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby The Warlock » Mon May 29, 2006 7:47 pm

The Warlock
Just getting started

Postby wbd » Tue May 30, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks... I'm working on one for Saeko right now, but it's slow going, as I need to get a bunch of gift art done, and get a little update for my upcoming birthday wrapped up. That may be a positive, however, as it gives me some time to think about Saeko's hair design, and how I can work with it.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:54 pm

Yomi, having graduated from her University, has gone to complete her practicum- she needs to get a few years in the classroom before she can go back to complete her M.Ed, and later Phd. In an interesting twist, she managed to get assigned to the High School she had attended:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:44 pm

Inspired by my own cold, which is now improving, thankfully... Saeko, however, isn't really a good target for your average common cold, as it doesn't last long in her:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Queen of Night » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:04 pm

LOL I like that one!! I've been there a few times! I love the style and the thought!
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

why can't I be like that ?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Re: why can't I be like that ?

Postby Queen of Night » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:38 am

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:08 pm

Thanks, both of you... I hate colds, and I wanted to draw a pic where a cold was really getting a piece torn out of it. Saeko was a natural for the one to do it, of course, so that's where I went from.

My cold really held me back from getting my art stuff done, but now I'm feeling much better, and I hope I can get a whole bunch more original and fan-art pieces done, along with some more comic stuff. After all, I need to make sure that people know as much about my characters as I do, and the only way to do that is draw, draw draw!
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:09 pm

I've created an unfinished artwork folder to hold the pics that I've stopped working on, for one reason or another- well, at least some of them.

This is the latest one- it's of Midori and Seiji from Midori no Hibi, dressed up as characters from the anime "Bleach". I'm not totally happy with the way it turned out, so I've stopped work on it. Maybe I'll see what I can do with it later on.

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Queen of Night » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Aww so cute!
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

ah ...good times ...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:21 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:31 am

Thanks, both of you... I have some other ideas for Bleach/Midori no Hibi crossovers, but they will have to wait for later, while I get some other more pressing stuff done...

And now, my next pic... Mindy, Saeko and Ayana are at the Futuristic Stuff Show, and are helping out at a booth, handing out printed material, balloons, and other neat futuristic related stuff:

They'll also take pics with guests, and sign them.

As an aside, it may or may not be a suprise for you, but Saeko is very good with kids.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:42 am

Wow ^^; wish I could color like that... Still learning PSCS!
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby tyrant » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:22 am

tyrant
Overwatch

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We