[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

my memory is just fine thanks...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:17 am

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:30 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:06 pm

Last pic for my birthday update, as my birthday is tomorrow. Here's Nami, stretching a bit. Her proportions are based on the real ones from the show, and from figures released, so I'm not cheating here (honest!):

(Edit- Unfortunately this link is dead, so I've removed it.)

Er, not quite... here are the other pictures that I completed- gift pictures for various people who helped me out over the year. I've redacted the names for privacy. The first is Minnie May:

Next, Mizuho:

There are more people who helped out, and I'd like to take a moment now to thank all of them. The real problem is that I don't have enough hours in my week to get all the art done that I'd really need to do to truly thank everyone for all the support and assistance that they've given me. Thanks, you know who you are, and you know why, and I sincerely appreciate all of it.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby tyrant » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:47 am

dude happy birthday. enjoy yours. i know i will enjoy mine.
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby wbd » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:39 am

Thanks... I think the biggest gift I can give to myself and everyone else is hard work and acheivement with my art and comic work.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:37 pm

And now, my latest cross-over idea, "Card Captor Kagura":

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:14 pm

SuperTomo, a quick sketch:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Here's a quick sketch of the standard summer uniform, being modeled by Mindy, for women her age in the Colonial Republic Militia. Well, mostly- I haven't decided whether the pleated skirt is right, or if I should use shorts or trousers. So, on that end, let me know what you think:

Oh, and she's appropriately cutesy, as she should be, in this pic.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:29 pm

I haven't been able to get a lot of regular artwork done lately, as I've been very , very busy and my schedule hasn't been accomodating of anything more than simple art practice. Fortunately, my vacation has arrived (just this afternoon, even), so I was able to get this pic done.

Here's Mindy cosplaying as Karin from "Chibi Vampire"...

I used the GNU Image Manipulation Program with the Photoshop-lookalike scheme to color this one. This is due to the fact that I cannot afford the real Photoshop, at least not for the trivial purposes I'd use it for. It seems to make a more interesting sort of result than my previous Paintshop Pro pics, but I can see a use for both programs. I'd like to try out some more cel-shaded pics, however...
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:52 pm

Here's a little art of a different sort... I've heard of this being referred to as "toykenstein", and it works like this- I have a bunch of figures in various states of repair that I combined together, and here they are. I didn't do full assembly and painting, but I did do some tricky additions in order to get them to work, plus supergluing. I went to my favorite comic book store today, and I picked up some stuff from the bargain bin.

The first one cost me around $2, plus effort... Osaka the Valkyrie:

I had to do some sawing, fitting and supergluing. Her halberd had snapped, so I repaired it using a pin vise and a section of wire. Oh, and there was a bunch of sanding, too. The plastic used is very soft, so I had to be very careful when working with it.

and here's what I got when I combined a broken Capcom Queens figure with a spare head from my Winry figure:
It took a lot more work to do this one- I used a portion of a figure stand to provide the ball-joint to affix her head. It now moves like it should, just like the real heads for these figures.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:17 pm

Hey, this is sorta fun... I just finished another kitbash/toykenstein. I couldn't stand the look of the Sakura (Street Fighter) head on the Microman figure that I had, so it ended up sitting in a box unused (and I need poseable figures to help me with my art, so you can guess how much I didn't like it). So, my solution was to use a "School Rumble" gashapon figure of Eri to help out. It worked fairly well, after some drilling and other work:

The rotation and tilt for the head are all controlled via a ball-joint at the base of the neck, so she has full movement, like the regular microman figure. After supergluing, it works just fine, in some ways better than the original.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:55 pm

I always thought that the title "School Rumble" sounded like a title for a fighting anime series. So, here's Eri Sawachika in fine fighting form:

She's sorta based on Sakura from SF Alpha... well, and the kitbashed Eri figure that I made up.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:39 pm

Yomi (Azumanga Daioh) in a HEV suit... she does have glasses and brown hair, after all:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:19 pm

Here's an El-Hazard/Dokkoida crossover... perhaps Shayla got the job in preference to Asaka, and did the testing for the Nerloid Girl suit, or perhaps the testing took place on El-Hazard rather than our earth....

Anyways, here's Shayloid Girl:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 pm

So, as a noble from an important family, Ayumu of Osaka receives her magical training at a prestigious magical academy...

(As an aside, this is the first piece of fanart that I've drawn related to a series that is new and still running in Japan- Zero no Tsukaima, to be precise)
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:48 pm

Well, how about something new... here's Nene cosplaying as Tifa:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:07 pm

And here's Ayana dressed as Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls Z (the anime adaptation of the series):

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:32 pm

I managed to finish up work on a figure of Rabby (Gall Force) that I've been working on bit by bit for quite some time. I hand-painted her, and I used acrylics, so I can strip them off and re-paint if necessary.

After the experience of hand-painting, I think I'll try to airbrush as much of my next figures as possible, though Vallejo paints seem to lay down quite nicely from a brush (perhaps I need to make a trip to the hobbystore and get some more):

I've got a 1/12 figure of Valkyrie (from Valkyrie no Densetsu) that I'm working on at the moment, but I can't say for sure when it will be completed. I've finished assembly, priming and the application of white paint, so I've got some of the more tedious tasks out of the way, at least.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:45 pm

So, I've been busy lately, but I did manage to do my regular art practice. I decided to go beyond practice and complete some pics. So here's, Nene, cosplaying as Fuuka from "Yotsuba&!":

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:45 pm

How about Fuuka from Yotsuba&! as Rukia from Bleach, or "Fuukia":

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:41 pm

I've been fairly quiet about my comic work for some time. That's mainly because it wasn't ready to be posted up, and it was sorta rough. I've done a whole bunch of work on the background documents for Colony 12, and I've sorted a bunch of them out, and organized and pasted them into HTML pages.

The most important section, about the Colonial Republic, is well on its way. I also managed to get a bunch of stuff done on CR spacecraft, if you'd like to take a look at that.

(Whoops, accidentally deleted all these links a long time ago.)
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:08 pm

So, there must be some Bleach fans around here, or at least some people who know that I'm not referring to a generic cleaning solution...

Rukia did complain about the gigai that she had, and how the R&D guys focussed too much on looks, and not enough on performance... let's see how they responded to her upgrade requests:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:20 pm

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:18 pm

I have managed to assemble my Osaka figure, and here's what she looks like. I need to touch up the colors and fix some mistakes, as well as do some filling, but she assembled fairly cleanly beyond that:

I'll need to add a little bit of highlighting and shading, too.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:22 pm

And here is Osaka, completed (well, mostly. I just need to add a tiny bit of filler to a gap, and then glue her to a base so that I don't have to worry about her being knocked over):

The Valkyrie figure is coming along slowly but surely. It just needs more coats of paint on certain areas, then some detailing. If the weather holds, I should be able to finish it in a few weeks.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We