[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby tHEfOOL » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:35 pm

nooooo why would you do that to Ryofu, lol

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 pm

After being flung far from her home planet (and perhaps, even her home reality), and finding herself on a strange world of swords and sorcery, Tamaki Kousaka used her natural talent at combat to make her living. Two years into her stay, she found out about a tournament that attracted many people who had great power. Perhaps one of them would know how to send her home.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm

In a small village, a Vampire had attacked a girl, but was driven off by a passing hero before he could turn her entirely. Unfortunately, the hero was too late to stop any changes, and now that girl was a minor Vampire. On the plus side, it meant that she only had to drink a little blood, and couldn't turn anyone else into Vampires.

The girl, having a crush on that hero, searched about to find a cure so that she could be human again. She heard from a friend about a major fighting tournament, and the magical powers possessed by some of the fighters. There was even an angel fighting! Maybe Karin could cure her condition if she met them.

Thus began her long battle, aided by her magical skills, like flight, mesmerization and the control of bats.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them out...

Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it...

Where an enemy rises to face me, VICTORY WILL BE MINE!

Art Notes:

Okay, I wanted a Lina Inverse action figure, but no one makes one. I was hopeful that someone would make an action figure or a non action figure of Lina after the latest Slayers series, but no luck.

This meant I had to make my own. I used an MMS body as the base, and Aves Apoxie Sculpt for details. After that, I took some pics, as you can see. It took much longer than I would have liked because I have very little free time.

I have a spare base for the front hair (if I want to redo it), and the faces can be reworked fairly easily. I can also tweak the cape and shoulderpads if I'd like.

I figure it was a good learning experience.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Two more Queen's Blade entrants:

Surely, Rin-kun would like Kaede if she won the Queen's Blade tournament... surely that would be true. If Kaede was queen, Rin would like her for sure... and if she was queen she could get that meddling Asa away from poor Rin-kun... oh yes, Kaede as queen could do it all...

Some competitors were eliminated before the contest even began, and had to go home without any smoked cheese.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Hey, how would Lucky Star look if it was made in the 1980s? Well, here's one possibility for Izumi Konata. I think the plot would be substantially different (as in, there would be one), too. If there were more chases, explosions and exciting action, then count me in!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Melona has done a very bad thing, something that she will regret for a long time. There are some people that you should leave alone, even if the Swamp Witch tells you to.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:57 pm

If Lucky Star was made in the 80s, what would it look like? Well, here's my guess for Hiiragi Kagami. The plot and storyline would be quite different from the current series- probably with more action- and it looks like Kagami has just spotted one of those differences.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey, look, Tsukasa's getting the hang of her mo... wait... how did a SCHOOLGIRL get a MOBILE PHONE?!? How is this possible? I get the feeling that the Lucky Star girls are about to go on another adventure...

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Rounding out my series of Lucky Star characters drawn in an 80's style, it's Miyuki Takara. Konata asked her to bring over a diskette to copy some game files, and Miyuki is having a look at it. Hard to believe something so small can hold 360,000 bytes- you could store a book on there! Of course, Konata wants to fill it with games.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Here's Mindy dressed up like Anice Farm, the lead heroine in "Sonic Soldier Borgman", right in time for Hallowe'en. She's at a party at a fairly nice arcade with some good old classic games (along with some more modern ones), hence the background.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Here's my idea for a Queen's Blade-ish character. Well, Queen's Gate, really- because all non-official QB contestants are in the Queen's Gate series. That's where Mai Shiranui, Iroha and a bunch of other characters go.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Here's my latest picture where I've taken a modern character and drawn them in an 80's style. But first, some explanation:

Yui was in trouble again, and needed help studying, so after a lot of persuading, Mio came over to review with her. She was a bit annoyed when she found that Yui hadn't been studying but instead was fiddling with an old VHS tape she had found in an old storage box.

It's hard to say which of the two were more surprised when Yui opened that tape and, well, this happened...

Art Notes
Anyways, I decided to draw Mio up in an 80's style, but wanted to try something a bit different than my previous 80's conversion pictures.

As for style, I picked an 80's style that I like- after all, if I am drawing something, I want it to be something I like.

Why not Ritsu opening the tape? That's because I thought Yui would be funnier, and it's harder for Mio to get really angry at Yui for doing it, because she isn't trying to tease Mio or anything like that.

Hirasawa Yui and Akiyama Mio come from the recent series "K-On!". I drew this up in OpenCanvas, and used my Figma to help with posing.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey, it's morning... and there's Tifa! Good-morning, Tifa!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Sometimes you need to be careful around all that magical stuff, or bad things can happen. Take this example, Palmtop Steel Taiga. Just don't call her that if she can hear you.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I haven't drawn a lot of my original characters lately, so I decided to change that. Here's Nikki Lynne Halinski, enjoying a bit of beachtime fun.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby wbd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

A brief roar, an even briefer thunderclap, and then the winter forest was silent again...
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Here's Mindy after she transformed into her magical mechagirl form- with a twist. The mechagirl form is in fact a transformer itself! This is a bit of a "model sheet" to show how she looks from several angles.
. She can transform back and forth when she wants to.

Given that two common things in anime are mecha and magical girls, I figured, why not combine them? It has some advantages- for one, transforming into a mechagirl offers more secret identity than the average magical girl. Also, it seems much more durable and tough than the average magical girl's skimpy costume.

This is a revision of earlier designs for Mindy's mechagirl form (you can see these in my gallery). Now that I've gained a bit more experience with mecha design, I figured a revision was in order.

Mindy's joints are designed so as not to pinch, as I figure she'd have to carry people and other living things quite a bit. Also, her mecha form isn't hard metal- it is soft but strong, so it has some give to it and bounce.

As for her colors, I wanted to pick some fairly subdued ones for her.

Mindy can transform from mechagirl into space-capable hoverscooter, as shown in this picture.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Here's Lina Inverse flying a bit to get a better view of the surrounding lands. It's a handy skill to have.

Art Notes:

I haven't drawn Lina in a while, so I decided to see what I could come up with- this is the result.

Drawn in OpenCanvas. I used my Figma Sonsaku Hakufu to get the pose right. I used Lina's character design from the start of the first Slayers TV series, because of the TV series designs, it's my favorite.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Maki, Nikki and Mindy are having a bit of fun building a sandcastle- which is tricky when the only tool they could find was an old plastic bucket. Once they get the basic shapes in they can detail it some more, but not too much- there's lots to do on the beach!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm

The SURPASS building is constructed specially for watchstanding and support training, and as such is an accurate reproduction of the various service corridors of the Resolution-class jump-equipped starship. Each module can be reconfigured quickly to serve for basic watchstanding to more complex problem solving and even emergency reaction training. The use of psychomotor skills is built on with comprehension testing leading to an analysis of scenarios and the development of synthesis capabilities in the trainee.

Here we see an assessment of a standard fault check with a trainee. Using tools commonly employed on the Resolution-class ship, the trainee will assess a fault and then report the appropriate diagnostic codes. This provides the opportunity for heuristic-based learning built upon solid foundations.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:02 pm

From the Wind Kingdom of Rolante, the skilled warrior Lise has joined the tournament! She fights for the restoration of her nation and the rescue of her family with her trident and ready courage.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:12 pm

And now onto my next art piece:

Lara had thought her latest exploration was far too easy, and the task too straightforward. Sadly, her instincts turned out to be true, and the would-be buyer had trapped her in the very tomb she had sought so diligently to find and enter.

Through luck or perhaps fate she stumbled upon a magical charm that summoned the ancient Amaran princess who rested in that cold vault back to life. After some tense moments, and an amazement that they could understand one another, the two women agreed to team up- Lara for revenge, and Menace to regain the treasure of her kingdom. Oh, and Lara wanted some treasure, too- but only things not from Menace's kingdom.

Thanks to Menace's understanding of the traps and layout of the tomb, they quickly made their way to the surface, and onto the adventure that awaited them!

Welcome to the latest in the Tomb Raider series: Tomb Raider: Menace Returns! Switch between the two heroines to solve puzzles, battle enemies, defuse traps and recover the ancient Amaran horde. Play Co-op online or in person with a friend, and solve the mystery of the Amaran ruins.

Rated T for Teen.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We