[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 pm

I wanted to make a flight sim in Flash, and I've been drawing some pics of Hatsune Miku lately, so I figured she'd be a natural to star in a Flight Sim. After all, there have been several pics of her flying using her hair.

It'd be a good idea for you to check out the instructions before you get started.

There are no real goals or anything in this, so if you just want to fly around for a bit, this is for you.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:04 pm

I was doing some practice sketching and came up with this picture- I guess she's a magical catgirl, with some mecha parts added on. I don't know much beyond that. Those little flying mechs are her familiars.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:02 pm

I finished up one pic (other than gifts) for Christmas, owing to an increased practice schedule and a really busy time period.

It stars Excellen Browning and Leona Garstein from the Super Robot Wars game series (and the Divine Wars anime). I'm currently playing through OG 2, and they are my top two female aces. In fact, when Elza... er, Ratsel isn't around, they are my top two aces, period. Happiness is casting focus and having two unhittable mecha dealing destruction.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:28 pm

It's getting close to bedtime, and Sherri wants to be snuggly warm, hence the pajamas she's chosen.

Sherri's an older character design of mine, one that I had forgotten for a while, and I decided to use her design in my latest practice piece. I liked the practice piece enough to finish it up and upload it.

I know that her form is somewhat exaggerated, but I did that deliberately to help myself practice and clean up my proportion work.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Matou Sakura Joins "The Darkness"

Postby wbd » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:01 pm

..because she believes in a thing called loooooooove.

If you are wondering, this is Matou Sakura from Fate/Stay Night. The joke, if it makes no sense, goes like this: Sakura in the series almost gets taken over by darkness and evil, or you could say, joins the darkness.

The Darkness is the name of a rock band who haven't released much lately, but were well known for the song "I believe in a thing called love".

So, there's the joke- Sakura joins The Darkness, not the darkness. Lame, but that's life. I wanted to draw it, so here it is.

Sakura, proportion-wise is looking more like Rider in this one, so we'll say it's from five or six years after the events in Fate/Stay Night.

The costume is based on a real costume that I saw at least one member of The Darkness wear, modified to cover up her chest somewhat.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 pm

So, I'm searching around DeviantArt, and I notice a distinct lack of Ibis Douglas artwork on here. Deciding that this must be swiftly rectified, I drew up this picture of Ibis at the beach. It's okay to cast Focus if you'd like, but play nice, or she may cast Alert, then Strike, then Valor.

It's a fairly quick little pic- a "quick win" as I like to call them. A quick win is a picture drawn quickly and finished quickly or a model built and finished quickly, to help me get past some harder parts on a longer build or drawing (or in this case, the long and hard to display comic layout work that I've been doing. It'll be a full comic soon enough, but it's hard to keep slogging away at something that will be unseen for so long).

Ibis Douglas is from the Super Robot Wars series, and is one of the Banpresto original characters in said series. If you've been poking around my gallery, you'll have seen my picture of Excellen and Leona from the same series.

If I have time, I need to draw Kusuha and Rio.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:24 pm

This is where I say something witty and memorable, but I can't think of anything at the moment. Look! It's Gurren Lagann crossed over with Bubblegum Crisis- I think that would be the "Bubblegum Crisis Brigade" or something like that. I modified the hardsuit design to suit the concept, as you can see.

This pic stars Nene Romanova, from the OVA series Bubblegum Crisis. The red hair was what decided her costume for me- though I skipped the scarf in this scene. Gurren Lagann is a modern and very popular series. I used my copy of the first volume of the manga to help with the concept and Yoko's costume.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:25 pm

This is my Valentine's art submission, starring Leona Garstein and Tasuku Shinguji from the Super Robot Wars series of games and animated series.

The best jokes need no explanation, but this isn't one of the best jokes. I will caveat that and say that in some cases, even good jokes need explanation if you are unfamiliar with the cultural background that they come from.

In this case, the background knowledge you need comes from playing Super Robot Taisen Original Generations 1 and 2. I'll explain it for everyone else:

Okay, so you've got a game, and in the game Tasuku and Leona are slowly becoming a couple. Tasuku is a goofy sort of character and likes jokes and whatnot, Leona is far more straightlaced.

Leona has a cousin named Elzam, and for a portion of the game he wore a disguise that really wasn't all that disguising, and called himself "Ratsel Feinschmecker", which translates as "The Mystery Gourmet". This was an appropriate name, as Elzam is a very good cook. The disguise he wore is the same costume as Leona is currently wearing. Everyone played along with it, I guess to not make Elzam feel dumb for picking such a cheesy and obvious costume.

Leona, on the other hand, is not a good cook. The only food she can make well is porridge.

So, let's put it all together- Leona is wearing the "Mystery Porridgemaker" "Disguise" and roleplaying with Tasuku, who being a goofy sort is happy to go along.

The line Leona uses is one of her battle cries, if you are wondering, and it's what inspired this pic in the first place.

I expect that Leona will never live it down if Katina catches them doing this, however.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:44 am

After the valentine's day joke/pic that I drew earlier that made sense to a whole three people, I figured I should make something at least a bit more comprehensible.

So, here's a pretty un-inspired and late Valentine's Day picture, starring Shayla-Shayla, the Fire Priestess of El-Hazard. It did help me to practice, so that's a plus.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Here's Kusuha Mizuha, from Super Robot Wars, at the beach. It is not beachside weather where I am, but somewhere it is. When I'm feeling blah I like to draw pics like this to feel better. Shallow it is, but hey, everyone needs to be shallow from time to time.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby llearch » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 am

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby wbd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:47 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby K-MacK » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 am

That even happens to guys who have big chest muscles when they relax, and they're not on their backs.
Milkmaid type girls can occasionally slide right out of things...
It's a crime, I tell you, it's Assault and Gravity!
:lol:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby llearch » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby wbd » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:54 pm

So, I wanted to do some detail work practice, and also work on form and whatnot, and this is what I came up with. Given that it's a finished picture, I figured it would do alright on my gallery.

I wanted to try something a little different, so I gave Irina a warhammer.

As for the armor or lack thereof, I think that she uses a magical shield in place of armor. It works just like armor, but has the advantage of not adding the extra weight that armor does and the impairment of mobility that goes with it.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 pm

More practice! I was doing some work with different layers and seeing how I could overlay different clothing items. I went with a simple sort of project and since it didn't look terrible when finished up, I decided to upload it.

It also presented a good opportunity to do some more painting and background practice.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Here's Rangiku Matsumoto, from Bleach, in a bikini, at the beach. It's not exactly a complicated picture or concept, but it was fun to draw.

A sudden burst of inspiration led to this picture. I managed to finish it up very quickly (at least, for me).

Drawn on paper with pencil (I used non-photo-blue to sketch the form), then inked and colored in OpenCanvas. I used my Yuki Nagato action figure to help get the pose right.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:17 pm

When I have trouble drawing a pose, or drawing it at a certain perspective, I like to use action figures to help get that pose and perspective right. It also helps me to see where a pose can be made more exciting and interesting, so I thought that other people might want to learn a bit how they can use action figures to help draw poses without them looking too stiff or un-natural.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Here's a quick pic I drew up and inked in OpenCanvas- of Sawachika Eri, from School Rumble, and who is BETTER THAN TENMA, and tied with Yakumo. Well, in my opinion, at least.

I figured I needed some practice with the inking tools, as I've been drawing a practice comic, and need to learn how to get things looking just right. I added some pseudo-screentones for practice, too.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:06 pm

I need to learn about drawing comics, so what better way to do it than start drawing one?

This practice set started with me doing some quick plotwork, then some backstory, and finally layout for all the pages. With that out of the way, I got started with the actual pencil work, then inking.

This is the first phase of practice- "get something done". It doesn't matter if it's all that good, I just need to get something done to get started. Later on, I will start focusing on improvements, but improvements cannot come if I don't get stuff done.

So, about this comic? Well, it takes place on a changed Earth, where most land is uninhabitable because it shifts between "realities", which means that if you step onto it, there's a good chance you will end up some other place and some other when, with most of those being barren and deserted.

The other areas are stable, and connected by narrow stable strips, which are used for commerce.

This may be just a dream or a fantasy that Mindy is having, of course, which would explain why she and the others are in this world and not where I initially placed all of them. Then again, it's not like I've done a whole lot of comic work for my backstory and planning.

Here's the progress so far:
Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:04 am

And here's page 4:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Better run, Yanda- Yotsuba has got some help to fight your evil! You'll think twice about stealing ice cream! Justice will prevail!

I think it's probably a bad thing that Amelia taught Tomo how to cast Elmekia Lance, but at the moment it's not too worrisome.

So, if you are totally lost, the policewoman in purplish hair is Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun, the justice-seeking white mage from the anime series "Slayers", and the one on the right is the ever-energetic Tomo Takino, from "Azumanga Daioh". The girl at the bottom is Yotsuba from "Yotsuba".

I tried making Amelia look a bit older, but not too different from her ordinary look in the series, so that it'd be more obvious who she was.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon May 05, 2008 9:08 pm

This is the fifth page in my practice comic series. I'm still working on the basics, but I feel like I'm starting to grasp some of those basics.

I think I'm going to look through the layouts and see if I can work on framing issues. I think the next page will be alright, but pages after that need to have more character and less white space in the frame, I think. I do need to leave enough room for text, of course.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:12 pm

And here's Page 6. I think a redesign of my planned layout and also a review of the art itself will come next.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat May 17, 2008 11:48 pm

And here's page seven of the comic:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We