[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Here's Kiyone in a somewhat precarious position, but knowing Kiyone, it may be more precarious for her foes...

(Edit- Unfortunately this link is dead, so I've removed it.)
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:59 pm

This is a pic of an original character- it started out as a quick sketch of an "RPG-esque" character, that I ended up using to help practice using Inkscape, a vector drawing program. I colored it in Paintshop Pro, however.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:48 pm

I wanted to get some model building done over the week-end, and also do some airbrushing. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm enough for me to be outside and running the airbrush, but I was able to get some hand-brushing done. I also took some pictures of my progress. Here they are:

SD Mihoshi. She's mostly done, but still needs touching up. The roughness of this figure was outside my ability to clean up, but she's sorta together. I still need to paint her belt and some other items:

Athena Asamiya- Well on her way to completion. So far, it has been a pretty trouble-free build, and the colors I used laid down fairly well (except for the white paint, but I expected that).

As for to-do's, I need to add the white stripes to a bunch of the blue parts, and need to paint her sleeves, her shoes, and her gloves. After that, it's touch up, and assembly.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:38 am

Athena is ready for assembly. Pics to come when I get her put together, hopefully tomorrow.

I finished up the SD Mihoshi figure. It's still pretty rough, but fixing that is outside my current range of skill. It can always be re-painted, and I gave it to my friend today:

Next up, I remembered that several years back, I had won a figure of Misty May from Otaku no Video for cheap at an anime con auction. I had worked on it for a while, but put it away as the difficulty of producing a quality figure from it sank in.

Well, now that I have all the tools I have, I can finish a kit like this. Er, I can finish it if I -remember- that I have it. Fortunately, there isn't as much work as there might be, as I had completed the basic assembly a few years ago.

There was a terrible amount of flash on the figure, as well as some incomplete moulding, leading me to suspect that it was a recast. The resin was so hard that I used a full sized metal file to clear it.

Here's the figure as it stands today:

And here's a pic of the flash removed. The green area represents where flash once was- you can see the tool marks from the file on the other areas. I'll need to tone those down, but that's less of a job than all that flash was.

She's a 1/6 scale figure, so she's fairly large and heavy. Fortunately, I have a bunch of little blocks of wood that could serve as a base. Her magical wand is totally busted, so I'll have to scratch build it (you can see her holding a fragment of it in her left hand). It came that way. She also came with bunny ears- I'll have to find those, and a bunny tail, but it won't fit, because of the placement of her left hand.

On the paper art front, I have several pics in progress, but I am having some trouble actually getting work done at the moment. Perhaps I'm nervous about the finished products. That, and lacking in free time.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:15 pm

I assembled the Athena figure today. The only real problems I had were due to superglue that had lost its stickyness (save against skin), and that was remedied by opening a new bottle.

She needs some touch-up, but she's complete beyond that:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:26 pm

Here's a pic of Akane Suzumiya, from Akane Maniax, taking the place of Godai as the crazy one:

I decided that I needed to learn more about how Painter Classic works, as it seems to have some neat features. As such, I scanned in a sketch, and painted it in Painter. I obviously still have a lot to learn, but I am beginning to understand the underlying features that it offers, and maybe even learning a bit about painting itself.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:49 pm

And now, a little Hallowe'en related art from me... it's Super Tomo!

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Shayla-Shayla: Hi!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:40 pm

This is a little bit of a cross-over, inspired by the DS game "Touch Detective", and the old Lucasarts game "Full Throttle". I thought that the cross-over was amusing, personally.

I used the "real" bike from Full Throttle as a model as much as possible, but I simplified a bunch of areas, and I thought that some things really should change, to fit the Touch Detective motif.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Okay, this will make absolutely no sense unless you've watched Zero no Tsukaima. Well, it might make a bit of sense if I explain it.

Louise is a bitchy sorceress at a magical academy who summons a pretty nice guy from Japan into her world as her familiar. This is the situation with the tables turned.

To be honest, I'm really tired with the "tsundere" type character.

Edit- someone noted that Shayla-Shayla might be considered tsundere. Shayla is cool enough to overcome this impediment, and therefore I don't consider her one.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 pm

My latest piece:

This comic was inspired by those comics where it starts out all cutesy, and then turns into Fist of the North Star style fighting part-way through... Galaxy Angel Style.

Hey, I thought it would be funny...

(As an aside, I do want to draw more original art, but I just had to draw this one)
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:30 pm

So, someone asked me for a pic/sketch of Tomo in a swimsuit with a gun...I had a bit of free time on public transit, and came up with the attached sketch...

...well, she's wearing a uh, sorta, um, swimsuit. I mean, she needs to wear it to move around and fight underwater and all. That's sorta swimming, right?

Design for the suit and weapon are pretty much straight from XCOM: Terror from the Deep
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:17 pm

Who ya gonna call?

HOLLOW BUSTERS!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Okay, here are a couple pics that I just finished up. First up is a quick sketch:

Ring Ring Ring Ring

Bananaphone!

(sketched on my public transit ride home after doing a whole bunch of boring paper shuffling at work, where youtube vids of Gmod Bananaphone made things go a bit quicker)

Next up, here's a gift pic I drew for someone:

Yomi as Yomiko... a bit of an easy cross-over there.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Hello? lol

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:27 am

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that you liked it! It was a pretty fun pic to draw. I'm always on the lookout for interesting cross-overs.

I like what people have done with GMOD, but I just don't have enough time for gaming to have any Gmoddable games. I did pick up a copy of Blender the other day, and that's on my giant pile of software to learn (along with getting better with Flashes' ActionScript).
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm

For Xmas, I decided to practice my Flash and ActionScript skills (that's my gift to myself), and also produce a little Rukia dress up game (my gift to everyone else who'd like it).

I figure that the whole idea is pretty straightforward, just click and drag clothing on and off Rukia to dress her. There's no nudity, though (sorry guys!):

And an example of how you can dress her up here:

As for the Xmas theme, maybe she just got a bunch of costumes as presents.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:06 pm

I had a dream the other day, and I saw this girl in it. After some work and revision, I managed to figure out exactly how she should look, having held on to most of what I saw in the dream. She's Elena's (another one of my original charas) little sister, and is eighteen. Beyond that, I don't know a whole lot about her.

Unlike Elena, who is tall and statuesque, she's not really... more sorta cute-like. Now I need to think up her name...

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:22 pm

Here's a pic of Mindy and Saeko pre-flighting one of their jets:

I screwed up the nosegear wheel (couldn't get an oval template big enough), so I hid it with the fire extinguisher.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: BrianD's General Art Thread

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:36 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby wbd » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:15 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:07 pm

I've been going through some stuff I drew a while ago, and I noticed that a lot of it, at it's base, is pretty good. The problems come with bad inking, or coloring issues, or little details looking "off". I figure that for a little work, I can bring these pics up to standards that I'd be happy with (at least for now). After all, if I did all that work earlier, I'd hate for them to be hidden away and ignored when a bit of cleaning and polish could make them worth showing.

My first pic along those lines is one of Mizuki as a police officer... I cleaned it up in Flash, and redid everything I saw that needed it.

If you want it in 1024 x 768, just click on the download tab.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Merry Kaguristmas!

Postby wbd » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Hope you have a good one!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Oh, wow, man, I said
Wait a second, man
What do you think the teacher's gonna look like this year?

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We