[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Anyone want to see a pic of Cassandra from Soul Calibur 2?

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:57 pm

I decided that I should really try drawing in other art styles from time to time, to grow my skills. So, I broke out my "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" (a seriously under-rated book), and checked it for pointers to draw characters in a slightly more realistic style.

I don't have names for most of the charas I just sketched, but I know that the girl at the top is someone I'd like to draw more of. Tifa Lockheart's in there for the Tifanatics (is that a word? Did I just invent a neologism?), and Mindy (one of my original charas) is there in more realistic style...

Edit- Unfortunately this link is dead, so I've removed it.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:27 pm

I've been meaning to get more original art done... so here's Ayana in her flightsuit:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Started as a sketch, and got finished up. Saber Saber:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Arturia Pendragon, on the Quest for the Holy Grail:

On a slightly different note, I'm having trouble believing that this thread has seen over 10,000 pageviews- either it's a bug with PHPbb, or it's search spiders. Is, uh, anyone reading this?
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:44 am

It's that great hit cartoon from the Eighties- Saber, Rider and the Star Sheriffs! Hmm, it doesn't quite look like I remember the show to look. It was a long time since I saw it as a little kid (probably in re-runs by that time).

Amazing what a little punctuation can do for a title... I expect the Outriders are going to be in some trouble...

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Saber Ahoge Copter

Postby wbd » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:34 pm

As with my earlier Flash work, I've been practicing with my Actionscript, and this is what I created in order to do so.

Oh, and this stars Saber, from Fate/Stay Night. I don't think she ever used her ahoge to fly in the series, however. Ahoge means "foolish hair", roughly- it's a bit of hair that sticks up and refuses to go down no matter what. Saber is one of the bearers of ahoge.

TO CONTROL THE AHOGE-COPTER:

CLICK ON THE FLASH IMAGE TO GET CONTROL

Use your arrow keys, but keep in mind that pressing the key adds velocity or takes it away, it doesn't directly move her. Try tapping the keys at first, to get a feel for it. It's not really a helicopter simulator, but I wanted to put a "sim" feel to it.

If things work out, I'll think a bit and see if I can make a game using the Ahoge-copter.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Crunch Jackson » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Very cute, wbd. :)
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby wbd » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks, glad that you liked it! I'll be adding some game elements to it, as it's really been good practice.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

AHOGE COPTER: THE GAME

Postby wbd » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:55 pm

And here it is, the game form:

See how close you can get to 1000 points!
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:06 am

Did you know that the visual adventure games Fate/Stay Night and Shuffle! were released at roughly the same time? I didn't until I read the Wikipedia articles on them. I have no idea whether I should believe it or not, but it inspired this picture:

I inked and shaded it entirely in Painter, but I applied a half-tone tweak using Paintshop Pro. I wanted to work on my inking technique, so I started this one up.

Oh, and it looks like Shirou might have gotten off to a "Bad Start" this time.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:10 pm

What's the key to a good Valentine's Day card? Well, if I think back to my childhood, it's a cartoon character and a corny saying that make it right.

So, with that in mind, I've started a series of Valentine's Day fanart... first up is Nami:

I've got some more ideas, but like all things, it will take a while to get them done.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:03 pm

And the second card in the series:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 pm

I just finished up another little Flash game. This one's a side-scrolling shooter, starring a new character of mine, Saki:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Here's Mindy, modelling the militia's space uniform:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Here's a little pic of Tamaki Kousaka from "To Heart 2", dressed up a bit differently. There's an explanation below the pic itself:

And another pic done, this one a practice comic page:
Mindy wants to go into space, and has signed up for spaceflight training at the nearby space force base with the rest of her flight. If nothing else, it looks good on her performance reports, which is why some of the CARU flight groups sign up for it. Others just regard it as useless extra work, given how unlikely they are to be able to go into space.

Truth be told, more and more people will be heading off into space, but Mindy better be good if she wants to pull it off.

On a technical note, I'm glad I drew this page, it's shown me a lot of areas I need to improve on. One key area is composition, and I can now see how it was holding me back. With more practice, I can overcome it.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 pm

Nemu Asakura as Saber:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Here's a pic of Kagura from Azumanga Daioh, post-grad... she got a job with the Rabbit Force:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:16 pm

I've been working on redesigns of a couple of my characters... here's my progress on Mindy so far (more explanation at the link itself)

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:31 pm

I realised that I need to draw more original stuff, and that I need to draw more detailed things, or perhaps, scenes with more stuff happening in them. Here's a pic I just finished up along those lines:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 pm

I decided that I want to practice action and whatnot in my practice comics, as I need to be able to do it well. So, I thought, "hey, why don't I create some characters straight out of a bad fighting comic", and that's exactly what I did.

So, there's Sondra Kubota and Janice Deere, and they're fighting against some greedy developers (who for some reason want to fight hand-to-hand) trying to destroy the cheap apartments that they're using for the local college.

Practice comic pages coming eventually.

As an aside, it's somewhat amusing to see my avatar of Kaede Fuyou with the appelation "Huge Tracts of Land" above her.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Here's a practice comic page that I just finished up, and hopefully it'll make some sense to you... probably won't if you haven't seen Shuffle! or To Heart 2. I suspect the majority of anime viewers here are more old school.

Oh well, here it is:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:47 pm

I present Chie, in a near-future scenario:

No giant robots or flying cars or cool stuff, sadly.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:13 pm

To suit the Easter spirit, I made an Easter-related comic, starring Saeko when she was a kid. I figured that a holiday featuring candy and chocolate would agree with her, though maybe it would be a trying time for her parents:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 pm

The first of a two-part mini-comic practice series... it's all about being careful about drawing runes and magical symbols:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We