[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 pm

I've been practicing my painting of backgrounds lately, and here's my latest production:

There's not really a lot I can say about this, beyond that I want to keep practicing and improving my background painting skills. If the foreground looks good, then I don't want a badly painted background to let it down. Having said that, I want to produce a background in a reasonable amount of time, just like how they don't take excessive time when painting backgrounds for anime series.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Next up, Saeko's model sheet:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Did you know that the voice actress who voices Kuukaku Shiba in Bleach is the same VA for Nene Romanova in Bubblegum Crisis? Well, now you do. This picture was inspired by that fact:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:03 pm

I think that this has happened to me enough in RPGs that it should make sense as a comic...

The girl in this scene has a design that I sketched up some time ago, but I had no real place to put her. She seems to do well in practice comics, however, so we may see more of her there.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:02 am

Well, here's my latest completed model: Mizuki Takase, from Comic Party. I made a base for her, to create a beach scene:

Edit- Unfortunately these links are dead, so I've removed them.

There's always room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 pm

Here's Sea Harrier tan:

Say what? It's a pic of my conception of what Sea Harrier-tan looks like.

And why? Well, I'm building a model of a Sea Harrier FA.2 at the moment. As I wanted to have a 1/72 scale version, I've had to do this the hard way, and convert an FRS.1 into the FA.2 variant. That is what inspired the pic.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:38 pm

This is Osana Najimi, from the new anime series "Doujin Work". She is a college student who wants to become a famous doujinshi artist, and make lots of money at it. She seems to have a case of artist's block at the moment, which is not being relieved by clicking her mechanical pencil over and over (funnily enough, that never seems to work).

I have mixed feelings about the character designs in this series, but the jokes are sorta funny, and the theme of artists and their struggles resonates somewhat. I'm surprised that there isn't more fanart of it yet on dA (especially of Osana and Justice), but then again, perhaps it's still too new.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:19 pm

This picture was inspired by a photograph that I saw, where there were these two blobs of color at the very back, and when I squinted at them, I saw the two pilots that you see depicted in this picture. Everything flowed from those blobs of color. The pilot in the distance is a guy, and the one closer is a girl.

I used thick markers to help ink this one, as I wanted a specific look, and I colored it in Flash. I can see room for imrpovement, but at least it's a start.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:39 pm

It's funny that sports anime series are a major genre in Japan, and in North America are somewhat overlooked. That's a real shame, in many ways, as we missed out on Slam Dunk for one.

I was watching some new sports series the other day, and started with Over Drive. It looked pretty neat- a sports show about biking. After that, I decided to watch a new sports show called "Umisho". I figured it would be a show about competition, and struggling to overcome and all those good things we see in sports shows over (and over and over) again.

It, uh, wasn't really what I expected. At least it is very forward and open about it being a massive fanservice show, and it pretends to be nothing else, and certainly doesn't try to hide panty shots amongst "arty" footage to justify them.

At any rate, one of the main characters is named Ninagawa Amuro, which made me think about a certain other famous character by that name, and inspired this pic:

Maybe her swimming skills transfered really well to space combat.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:47 pm

This is the third comic in the little series with Mindy, Tanya and company. If it doesn't make sense, you can see the first comic here:

and the second one here:

Here's the latest page:

Mindy actually is right about her supposition, but it isn't a super robot, at least, not a real one. It's a part from a robot in an amusement park (Mechaland, maybe?).
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:17 pm

I've been working on a fairly big game lately, just picking away at it... hmm, that's not right. I've been working on components that when put together will make a big game, I just need to make the game part.

In the meantime, I made up this somewhat quicker game.

In this game, you have momentum- so watch your thrust!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:37 pm

I see all this Moe art everywhere, and I think to myself, "hey, why don't I have some Moe-style art on my gallery"? It'll be super popular!

Only, I can't draw moe art. This was my attempt, she looks more Yoko than Konata, I guess. I don't have enough moe experience.

However, her name is Moemi! And she has twin tail hair that turns into twin drills! She has correctly calculated absolute territory! Her skirt is flying upwards!

Doesn't that fill you with the desire to go out and buy her idol CDs, artbooks, PVC figures with cast-off shirt and skirt, "hugging" pillows and so much more? Doesn't it?!

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 pm

This will make no sense to anyone who has not:
1) read the doomguy comic
2) read Yotsuba volume 1.

That's Fuuka from Yotsuba. In the first volume, when she meets Jumbo, she exclaims, "You're Huge!". Well, there's another famous/infamous character in a certain famous/infamous comic based on DOOM who exclaims the same thing. This joke has been done a few times, but I haven't seen it carried through to what I feel is its natural conclusion, which is what I've drawn here.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:52 am

So, fall is in full swing where I live, and I decided to draw a pic featuring it. Saeko seems to be much calmer than usual in this scene, though I can't say why.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:46 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I found out about a new voice synthesizer, one that could sing. It's called Vocaloid2, and the first "virtual idol" for it is Hatsune Miku. I drew a little bit of fanart based on her, and here it is. I colored it up in OpenCanvas 4.5 (I just picked it up, and it's a really nice program for a reasonable price).

The picture:

If you'd like to hear Hatsune sing, you can check out her homepage here:

Keep in mind that her voice is entirely computer generated.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 pm

And now, a To Heart 2/ Witchblade crossover:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby MrPaladino » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:39 pm

Oh ho! Now I see... the circle is complete. Now I know who you are. Thanks again for the Fav. ;)
MrPaladino
Button popping

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:09 pm

Hey, you're welcome. I've added comments to go with it, too.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:30 pm

So, Hallowe'en... I was a bit pressed for time, and as such I ended up getting a quick pic done with the following costumes:

Saeko is dressed as Rabby from Gall Force
Mindy is dressed as Yui from Corrector Yui
Tanya is dressed as Naga from Slayers

While Saeko is wearing a pretty normal costume, Tanya and Mindy are wearing magical girl costumes that reflect sides of their personalities that they in reality probably aren't super proud of.

http://wbd.deviantart.com/art/Quick-Hal ... c-68636131

I would have liked to have had more time to work on things, but that's life, I guess.

(PS, I still find it really funny to have the title "huge tracts of land" over the avatar picture of Fuyou Kaede. I should have picked Lina Inverse as the icon)
Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:50 pm

I've noticed this little bit of weirdness from time to time, and found it amusing.

This comic stars Fuuka Ayase (Under 18) and Asagi Ayase (Over 18), from the manga "Yotsuba&":

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 pm

It's Miku, wielding her Leek of Power!

It was inspired by a whole bunch of things. Special thanks to my Armitage posable figure for helping me figure out the pose (based on looking at real Quarterstaff users and how they held their staves, then posing the doll appropriately, then moving the doll around to find an angle that looked right).

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 am

Here's Sondra, one of my original characters, dressed up in her fighting costume. I created her as a sort of pseudo fighting game character (if I had a fighting game, she'd be in it- that sort of thing), so I figured I might as well show her in fighting form.

Drawn in pencil on paper, inked and colored in OpenCanvas.

(and I've changed my icon to be more appropriate given the "huge tracts of land") title
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:18 am

Hatsune Miku is the first voice in the series of Vocaloid2 synthesized human voices, and the second voice, Kagamine Rin is about to be unveiled on the main Vocaloid site. Her design leaked a bit early...

This reminded me of a certain other personality with an interesting voice who managed to escape her protective bounds. I am referring to the megalomaniacal AI, SHODAN.

Combining the two, I get RINDAN. Miku better pick up her leek blaster, and leek hacking toolkit, and get her sister under control.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:33 pm

I just finished up building an MG Zaku, purchased to help me with mecha artwork. While I was posing it and some other figures, this little storyline came to me.

Big Sis to the rescue:

Starring: a Zaku II as the kid, and Naomi Armitage as Big Sis.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:16 pm

Bubblegum Crisis is an older series, so I thought that if I updated Priss' design and concept, it would make it more accessible to more recent anime fans.

That, and both Priss and Mikuru have roughly the same hair color, and sorta the same style. Sorta. Close enough for me.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We