[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - wbd's General Art Thread

wbd's General Art Thread

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:05 pm

Osaka in a Fate/Stay Night crossover, as Tohsaka Rin (see, take away the T, and you get Ohsaka):

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

O.o

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:08 am

And now my head explodes :shock: , you posted this just scant days after i began work on trying to translate the dojin fighter Fatal/Fake wich is based off of Fate: stay night , It seems that "archer" in this pic has suddenly gained a LOT of regret... :lol:

Great job on the pic as always , and good to see I'm not the only fan of both of these series!
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby wbd » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 pm

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:23 pm

So, here's some more original character art, with Ayana. She's taking a break on a hike or a run or something, and reading a mag she likes:

The tree is inspired by a real-life tree, which would be great for reading under, if it weren't so close to a sorta bumpy and tricky pathway and the dangers of getting hit by a cyclist or just the simple distraction of people passing by. I'm guessing that this tree is better situated.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 pm

I think that Mai Shiranui and Tifa Lockheart would get along quite well, as they've got a lot in common- if nothing else, both of their boyfriends (or boyfriends-to-be) are blondes. They're also roughly the same height, which inspired this pic.

Mai dressing up as Tifa, and Tifa dressing up as Mai- then they'll go say hi to Cloud and Andy:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:09 pm

The second part of my Summoning comic... it was delayed owing to some unfortunate events:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat May 05, 2007 10:11 pm

So, Tanya has just been transferred over to the CARU, and into Mindy's flight/research unit. I wonder if this was really the best introduction for her.

I chose to draw a full-page comic this time, to see if I could, and if I had improved from earlier attempts.

If none of this makes sense, take a trip over to my Colony 12 website, and you can read a bit of the world history that acts as a background:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu May 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Unfortunately for giant robot fans, it looks like we won't be seeing all that many of them in our future. There may be some comfort that we can derive from it all, however.

Excellen Browning comes from Super Robot Wars, and the robot in the first panel is sorta made-up by me, but inspired by some of the earlier anime and dress-up costume mechas.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat May 12, 2007 9:32 pm

The CRS Confident, a Confident Class Battleship:

After the battle with Space Pirates at Blood Island, the need for an effective shield generator to protect friendly forces was shown as obvious. The Colonists, unfortunately, could only make very large and heavy ones, and they had to make sure that the generator itself was well-protected.

The solution was pretty ingenious, in a way- checking in their history texts, the Colonial Republic decided to build a Dreadnought style Battleship, and place the generator inside it. Other nations swiftly copied the innovation, but this wasn't like the battleship building boom at the early 20th century.

For one, fewer ships were needed. For another, the Battleship in the Colonial conception wasn't for slugging it out with other ships, it was for defending the valuable shield generator. Equipped with dual use beam/high velocity shell cannon, secondary guns, deflectors, jammers and all manner of EW equipment, these new battleships serve as flagships of the fleet, and shelter in a storm.

The Confident class battleship is the latest class to be launched by the Colonial Republic, and has been designed with an eye to reducing radar signature to at least some degree.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Wed May 16, 2007 9:55 pm

Here's a pic of Tanya, in casual clothing:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 pm

I was attending a local anime convention, and I made the linked sketches there. They might need a bit of explanation, so from top left, then top right, bottom left, bottom right:

Saber- she's dressed as Rider from Fate/Stay Night, reminding us all that when it comes to cosplay, we should try to pick costuming appropriate to us, no matter how much we like the character. Drawn without ref, but hopefully identifiable.

Haruhi- I went to the dealer room, and found some awfully high prices on a bunch of doujins. I tried to figure out why they were so high, and this was my best explanation. Again, drawn without reference to character or pose, but I think I got close enough.

Saeko (original chara): Looks like she did well at the dealer's room.

Earthworm Jim: I was inspired by a game of worms on a nearby laptop, but didn't really draw with references. Thankfully, a friend had a little animated gif of EJ, so that helped a bit.

Oh, and I had to re-do the text so that it would be readable.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:21 pm

I was listening to some odd music today, one of the songs being "Weird Science" from Oingo Boingo, and that made me think of "She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby (which got played over and over again on the local radio's eighties shows, so I ended up being quite familiar with it).

Well, all of that made me think of this pic. I don't have a name for her, yet, but she seems to be involved in SCIENCE! of some sort. It's a pretty quick pic, but I needed to do something quick to get back into things, and this was the result.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:19 pm

I showed this pic a long time ago, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. I went through and re-did this pic, and here's the current version. I inked it by hand this time:

Last edited by wbd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 pm

I present another practice Flash game of mine- appropriately titled "Practice Lander". It's a pretty simple game, but features some little tricks that you won't notice but were valuable practice for me.

What is it? Well, it's a game where you control a descent module, and land it on a lunar surface. The place where you need to touch down is colored green to make it easier to spot, and obvious.

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby K-MacK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:24 am

The arrow controls don't work....
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby tyrant » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:25 am

worked fine for me
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby wbd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Hmm, I can't say why they wouldn't. You need to click on the play or instructions button first, so that should allow them to work. Also, if the flash file doesn't load completely, it can act flaky (I didn't think it would be a problem, being 22KB, but Flash is funny), but I haven't seen an arrow key problem.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Linna, from Bubblegum Crisis in SD form:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Here's a weird little idea I had for my comic- I wanted a really highly-mobile vehicle that could tackle any sort of terrain. It probably won't make it into the real comic, however, as it's pretty limited in usage. A helicopter could be more practical in many ways:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:54 pm

I had a quick little idea for a comic, and as such, quickly drew it up. This is the result. I am sure that someone else has done this joke before, but having just played some fighting games, it seemed funny and original to me:

This little comic stars Sondra and Janice, you may recall them from this little pic that I drew:

I hope to have them returning from time to time.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Here's my latest flash game, "Cannoneer's Quest", an artillery game. I've added a loading bar to the start of it, to prevent bugs from creeping in via incomplete loading:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 pm

Here's a pic of CD007's Delilah:

If you have a chance, you should check out his other work, he's done some very nice pieces and comic pages:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:06 pm

I've been practicing all sorts of different things in order to improve my art and to get better at drawing comic pages. One of those things is the ability to draw model sheets- so that I can maintain a consistent look for my characters and works.

Here's some of that practice. This is Tarana Florin (a name I picked to sound like those weird names that many mecha anime series give their characters), working for the Northwind Corporation, a company that supplies trained mecha operators and mecha for other companies who would rather not incur the expenses associated with mecha operation.

So, as befits a model sheet, I've got some views of her head, a business suit, and her mecha piloting outfit.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 pm

So, Mindy's team has been asked to carry out some important research...

Well, sorta important. It's not quite as bad as Tanya makes it out to be, however. I think she's just a little bitter about things. She was fast-tracked to spaceflight, but after a few problems found herself sidelined. Oh, and she's not implying that she's the reason they're doing this, either...

This is a little more practice on my behalf, again using digitally enhanced pencils, rather than inks to save time. I like the look of inks, but I want to get things done, and digital manipulation of pencils allows me to actually finish things.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby wbd » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:13 pm

I'm back to working on my characters, so that means making new model sheets. Here's the one for Mindy, that I've just finished up:

wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity R We