[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Hades Project Studios

Hades Project Studios

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Hades Project Studios

Postby tyrant » Wed May 07, 2008 3:33 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tyrant » Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby tyrant » Fri May 16, 2008 3:56 am

This is one that i have almost finished. i have some detail work to finish up but this is essentially the finished product. for those that don't know it's fuenken (fireseal) from sol badguy, character from the guilty gear series and one of my costumes this year.

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby llearch » Sat May 17, 2008 7:25 am

What's the weight balance on that like?

And, uh, do you have the capability to make LARP/SCA type weapons, and have decided not to, for liability reasons, or are you just sticking with what you know? Inquiring minds wish to know ;-]
I'm not really that talkative, I just think I have a lot to say.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Sun May 18, 2008 1:29 am

surprisingly enough that thing weighs about 2 lbs. it's all balsa wood. balance is decent. it's a little blade heavy but only slightly. it's intended just as a prop.

as for sca/larp. you name it, i can probably do it. larp is mainly a form over functionality issue in most cases. it will usually look a lot more impressive than a functional version of a similar weapon.

sca is simple enough. sca weaponry will take longer because of the stress test involved (beating wiz until i feel the weapon will hold up for a significant period :twisted: ) i can do sca weapons and armor to regulation spec. i'm not up to date on any regulation update made in the last couple of years ( was banned for excessive use of force ) but i can look into it. last i checked you could use leather, cloth, most metals, some polymers, and wood for protectives and you had to use specific materials (ratan and similar wood types) wrapped in foam or another buffering material to reduce the blunt force to something not quite lethal.

where you looking for something specific or just getting a general idea?
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby llearch » Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 am

Just curious.

Impressed by the level of detail, and curious as to the limits of what you were able to do.

... and I figured someone else might be interested as well. ;-]
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby tyrant » Tue May 20, 2008 2:56 pm

ok i'm in need of some direction here. halo players this one is for you. i'm deciding which armor permutation to work on. i need some suggestions on which helmet to do second. ODST is a work in progress so i'm giving some input ideas here. i'm not going to do a poll because i'm lazy and don't feel like it.

there are a few from this list i can't do yet because i haven't figured out how to mold lexan without causing it to spider/shatter. the security/marathon and the EVA are going to be difficult until i can figure that out. let me know what you would like to see

also any live players can add me : kgb6984

bungie.net id is the same
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 20, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't play the game, and maybe I'm traditionalist at heart, but I really think the Mk. 5 looks best.

In particular, the Mk. 6 and the Rogue look like Decepticons, and the Hayabusas look more like Shredder than Master Chief.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby llearch » Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 pm

I was going to say Mk 5, but damned if I could put my finger on why.

Kris summed it up nicely, though. *grin*

I think the Mk. 5 is the "typical halo" image that folks recognise. Most of the others, other than the top row, involve changes to the suit as well as the helmet; you could profitably do the Mk 5, then the rest of the first row simply by making 3 more helmets, I think.

Other than the lexan issue, of course.
llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Thu May 22, 2008 1:57 am

actually the mk VI is used in halo 2 and 3. the variants are strictly from the novels and possibly will be featured in the upcoming Halo Wars game. ODST is actually a classification of usnc marine. they are the special forces unit otherwise known as helljumpers.

I've already got some requests for EOD and CQB.

My armor is the same as my live setup.

CQB chest, Security Shoulders, ODST Helmet. in dark grey with red and white trim.

each one serves as a designation for specific spartan functions. EOD - explosive ordinance disposal, EVA - Extra vehicular activity (i think), CQB - close quarters battle, etc. it was more of a way for players to customize themselves without being clones. the elites have similar permutations.

the "fun" (excruciating) part will be figuring out how to wire a pulse configuration into my spartan laser. :twisted:
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby llearch » Thu May 22, 2008 3:57 am

llearch
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Thu May 22, 2008 1:42 pm

it won't use an led. i'm taking apart a laser pointer and using that. the spartan laser has a 5 second charge delay before it fires. its similar to "painting" a target. the pulse effect is 6 pulses per second. it's a rapid effect and if done properly will have a very nice effect.
tyrant
Overwatch

Return to Creativity R We