[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Click-Through Comic

The Click-Through Comic

Show off your art and stories here- but keep it out of the gutter!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Click-Through Comic

Postby wbd » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Now, I know I have a regular art thread, but this is more of a tool- it's a Click Through Comic engine that I just made, and I've made it available to any comic maker who wants it. There are plenty of comic makers here, so I thought some of them might be interested, and a separate thread would make it more prominent.

Anyways, here goes:

Most of the time, I make regular comics that will look alright in print, and alright on the screen. Every so often, however, I'll see a comic type that is specialized for use on a computer. Some are good, and some are a bit too glitzy for me.

The one type I am really impressed with is something I call a "Click Through Comic". I remember seeing the first one several years ago- something to do with playing cards. It was very effective, and I quite liked the moody atmosphere it set up. Too bad I can't remember more about it.

The Click Through Comic tries to make the best use of the computer, minimizing scrolling and other things that regular comic pages put up with. It also adds a regular flow for the reader.

Having seen others more recently, I decided to try my hand at it, and see what I could come up with. I also wanted to make a little comic engine that other people could use, so I went around trying to make something expandable and useable.

If you'd like to use my Click Through Comic engine, feel free. I have placed the comic that I just made in .SWF and .FLA (flash 8) format on my home website:

I hope that the logic isn't too convoluted!

If you do use it, let me know! I'd like to see what you've done. I'm using a Creative Commons license to allow the maximum flexibility and minimum worry for you.
wbd
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to Creativity R We