[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Anime Punch - we will not attend

Anime Punch - we will not attend

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Anime Punch - we will not attend

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:45 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tyrant » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:38 pm

tyrant
Overwatch

and now I feel the need to unleash some rage...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm

JESUS! what the hell is the MAJOR malfunction of these /b/tards?

I occasionally cruise 4chan , but I don't try to live the general crap I see there , nor do I encourage anyone to try to do so.( I personaly try to avoid it like the plague.)

I have a few friends who happen to be furry , personaly I could care less about that matter , but when you pointlessly ( and openly!)hate or try to persecute ( or fursecute as the more dramatic furries call it , a can of worms I shan't open Iwill leave that to someone else) another human being ,it's just going WAY TOO FAR...

Seriously have con goers at that con grown so numb to suffering that they escalate this childish high-school level crap onto a sick magnitude?

This kind of baseless hatred of people that these morons don't even know , just makes my blood come to a boil , I really can't stand close-minded people , and those who bear an irrational hatred of any sub-culture fringe group just sets me off.

These are the kind of people who never had to go the struggles of being bashed , we as otaku ( the old guard at least) all has to endure this kind of suffering , the newer ones never did.

Never forget that we were a "fringe" group for decades , we are just now gaining acceptance , and even then there is a price to pay for it...( just look as everyone tries to "bite" and rip the general "style" to market so much crap...)

As for the other matters , as an unofficial assistant to A-Kon security ( all of the work , none of the perks... :lol: ) toplessness and alcohol in the presence of minors is just plain UNACCEPTABLE! and violence of any kind should be treated with due measure. ( In other words arrest by local police.)

This whole con NEEDS to be boycotted and , generally left to fall.

Thank you for not supporting this guys , this whole con seems like a black eye on the fandom as a whole.
Last edited by Wizard_of_odd on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:09 am

Yeah.. black eye & broken nose.. that a person was bragging about? WTF? Serious lack of security.. and if you poke around the net's I'm sure you'll find worse from this group of people.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Rock-Bottom

Postby K-MacK » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:22 pm

When you come right down to it, is the price you paid to the Con organizers for admission worth the risk to yourself or your friends when this sort of thing happens?
Remember; the Cops don't know who the good guys are; and will arrest everybody there. Waiting for the judge to set bail for something you didn't do and can't stay around to contest, is a pain.
What's needed is a listing of Cons that do this, as a warning to would-be Con-goers, so they don't wind up someplace they don't want to be.
Perhaps if the Con-organizers were to say whether they were friendly to Furries, then stick to that, there would be fewer such incidents.
And, tyrant...you did right; never assume an attack is anything less than an attack, unless you have been briefed before hand. Larp-ing is just plain foolish, out in public... ( see note about the Cops above)
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Re: Rock-Bottom

Postby tyrant » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 am

it's actually really pathetic and a little disapointing that now a lot of people have a negative image of conventions as a whole because of what a few morons did. personally not a fan of furries and a few have made my eye twitch on more than one occasion. but i leave them to their devices. a person's personal choices and interests are their own. i've never been a religious person but i always use the quote "god's job is taken. i don't pass judgement." it's too bad more people can't just let people be.

as for the larp issue, larp in public is ok as long as the players know how to conduct themselves. i have met several masquerade players that have no problem maintaining their character without "spooking the mortals." actually shreveport has it's own group that takes part in one of the most intense live action role play experiences around. not much is known but apparently it's one of those covert assassin things that people play. the difference is that these guys use airsoft weaponry. no one has been seen in public taking part in any of this though. the media would be all over that. if it's well organized and planned out in advance by a group of intelligent individuals people can have a good time and still do their thing without getting hassled by the general public. of course we all know.....

the first rule of fight club is...... :twisted:
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:27 am

I can't believe the Con chair would openly approve of attacking a particular fandom. I really don't find the fursuit bit appealing but so what? Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I have anyright to critisize... I may poke fun, like the fact I'm going to make a giant fly swatter and dedicate it to the Yaoi Fairy but I'm not going to try to ban the whole fandom or hit the poor fanboy.

It's really sad that there are such awful cons. It's no wonder we get shed in such a bad light with idiot like this.
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.