[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - not really ad space but...

not really ad space but...

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

not really ad space but...

Postby tyrant » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:51 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby K-MacK » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:18 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby tyrant » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:49 pm

sorry .413 is one of my factory model numbers. it's actually the m468.

picture a 6.8mm version of the m-4a1. it's a special forces weapon with better stopping power than the .223 remington round. the 6.8 has better overall penetration, stopping power, and accuracy than any .223 and also seems to be superior in all respects to the russion 7.62x39 round. personally i despise teh AK and all of it's variants. the only saving grace that kalishnikov had was the Dragunov SVD. this is specifically the svd and not the romanian or chinese variants.

the barrett is amazing though. i've never had issue with their weapons.

as for the communist ban on all things .50 cal in california, senator feinstein can go fuck a rake. conflict of interest in no short measure. the woman is anti-war, anti-gun, and anti-military yet her husband made well over 7 figures last year alone being the head of the largest ammunition supplier for the US military forces in Iraq. i can tolerate hypocrisy in politicians to an extent. it's almost expected to at least some degree (sorry kris, not directed at you specifically). but when someone champions a cause and then pulls a more than comfortable lifestyle from teh opposing side i have to ask, "why does your opinion matter?" her biggest piece of evidence to have the big 50 banned in california was that it has a range of 4 miles and can bring down a boeing 747.

while both are true, tehy are mutually exclusive. the barrett does have a 4 mile range - when blind fired with a 30 degree upward angle. at that point it's the .22 of artilery, noisy and annoying. the .50 has an effective range of about 1200 yards (rougly 3/4 mile) and can pierce most armor. that is it's purpose. it is designated anti-material for a reason. with the proper round it can go through a m1 abrams. that is of course at 700 yards with a "i will not name the type" round. getting a clear shot at any incoming aircraft within effective range with a rifle of that size would definetely draw attention. common sense says there is no reason to ban a weapon that has few practical applications outside military and law enforcement uses. she just had a hard on for barrett i guess. i'm sure there was some underlying reason. unfortunately teh real loser in teh situation was the california police. barrett issued a statemetn refusing to service any weapon used by the state of california. i don't blame them either. in my opinion if you prevent me from doing business as i have for years in your state because of some bleeding heart liberal bullshit, good enough for you when your shit breaks.

ok i'm done with my political rant for the moment.
tyrant
Overwatch

Postby K-MacK » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Last edited by K-MacK on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby tyrant » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:27 pm

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby K-MacK » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:40 pm

Don't bother about the SA-16 conversion: I've made a deal to have the Ruger rechambered and rebarreled for the 6.8SPC.
Since it already has the rest of the goodies, I get a nice new carbine in a decidedly more useful size than 5.56X45/.223Remington for about half the cost of the SA-16.
Maybe the rounds won't cost so damn much, too, if I order in bulk.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby tyrant » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:27 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby K-MacK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 pm

OOOOH! Thank-you! When I get the Ruger back, I'll let you know.
Yeah: it's gone to get some "Pelotes", of the 6.8 variety. Barrel will be similar/stock contour, 18 3/4" long.
Drooling already.... :P
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby tyrant » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:00 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.