[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - WLP Survived Ike.

WLP Survived Ike.

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

WLP Survived Ike.

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Crunch Jackson » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:20 am

Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 pm

It was Rita, and it was sixteen days, which I spent mostly at a friend's house with a convention in the middle.

This time around no convention, and the friend had a tree fall on his roof during the storm... but less damage overall to the area.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Crunch Jackson » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're without power, and I hope it gets restored soon, and I'm glad to hear you're doing survived the storm. :)
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Bosch Parano » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:28 am

Bosch bored... Bosch rip Bosch own head off! Rrraaawwwrrr!!!
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby BlackKusanagi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:29 pm

I feel for yall who have had to deal with Ike...and im glad you all made it out ok.
BlackKusanagi
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:51 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:04 pm

Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Bosch Parano » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Yay... Lol Bar1 the only reason you'd be there is so we can tell our famous con stories... Heh... Tyrant too... Lol if we can't laugh with all thats happend to us then theres something wrong. ^^
Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tHEfOOL » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:55 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Bosch Parano » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 pm

Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby tyrant » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:45 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:04 am

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby K-MacK » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:51 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 pm

Actually K-mack I never had any problem with any of the beef M.R.E.'s , it's the "thanksgiving day special" ya have to watch out for while on duty ( the taste and texture is close akin to that of boiled cardboard for the "turkey" and ash for the "mashed potatoes" )no amount of Tabasco can "fix" this... ( I may not be that fair of a judge though , Tyrant has accused me of having an "iron stomach" on more than one occasion... :twisted: )

As for alternative means of powering a laptop mayhaps a cross between solar and cranks, that way one's arm wouldn't completely fall off...

Just got word from Ricky and the Galveston crew , they have decided to abandon the city and move to Wimberley Tx. I've been there before , nice quiet community ( 9/10th's of the time at least ) on the outskirts of Austin.

While Galveston is a great loss, I'm more than sure the people will find a way to endure.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby tHEfOOL » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm

I still dont have power yet and from what i hear probably wont get it till Sunday at the earliest

I have cousins who live in Wimberley, its a nice place, they are currently experiencing a drought and were really dissapointed when all they got from Ike was some wind

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby K-MacK » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Wizard: I was perusing a catalog of old Mil-Surplus stuff and came across a ChiCom Army phase-out bicycle crank charger good for about 50volts and 25 watts output when I came up with that idea. They used it for radios. If you cycle, it would be a way to keep your laptop charged without killing your arm, although you'd have to use a battery controller to keep the feed voltage steady. You're Online and getting fit simultaneously. :lol:
I'll stick with the Chinese diesel/alternator setup I have, though. 8Kw will go a long way out here in EarthQuake Land, California. :D
And I've been lucky in that while I have had the chicken ala king (impossible to ruin) and survived, I've never run across the Turkey Surprise you mentioned. Thanks. Should I run across it, I'll just feed it to my housemate. :twisted: She'll eat anything but broccoli. :lol:
And for those without power, ask at your local Mil-Surplus store for MRE heaters for next time. All they need is a little water to work, and MRE's taste rather better when hot. Tabasco is recommended, as is Tums for afterwards. :wink:
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby tyrant » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:06 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Bosch Parano » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Bosch Parano
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 pm

With one thing and another, we've got a mix here of the civvie and the military-issue MREs here.

The only difference I've found is that the military issue also includes matches and two tablets which either might be gum or water purifiers- can't tell, aren't labeled. Oh- and the civ MREs include their own salt-water packets for the heaters, whereas the military expects you to use your own canteen, soldier.

(And I can just hear some sergeant now: "Men, some jackass in Washington says you're supposed to have one liter of water every hour out here in this Godforsaken desert in the sun. Thing is, that rear-echelon-motherfucker is in Washington, and that means he is NOT here. But I AM here. And that means you get one SIP of water every two hours until this three-day patrol is over. Now, with that in mind, men... how BADLY do you want your fuckin' beef stroganoff to be warm?")
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby tHEfOOL » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:25 pm

those 2 tablets are laxatives disguised as gum, i got 3 mil issue mres stashed in the cupbord right now as last resort food, got a beef ravioli, a pork chow mein, and a chicken with cavatelli

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Next

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.