[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Summer Listening Program

Summer Listening Program

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Summer Listening Program

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 am

Just spent the last couple days picking up audiobooks from teh library for my MP3 player -

by

(Actually, Morgan loaned me that one, after he picked it up direct from Phil at OhayoCon)

by

by

Rangers Apprentice: The Burning Bridge by

by

by

And a couple I picked up from a closing-down Border's

by

by the aforementioned

As well as the requisite titles:

by and Tale of the Thunderbolt and
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tHEfOOL » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 pm

rangers apprentice is good, i've read the series, but i refuse to pay and extra $10 for hard cover when i can just wait a year and get paperback

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: Summer Listening Program

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 am

Yeah, I'm now up to book 3 of the Ranger's Apprentice series. The books are okay, but seem to stagger around a bit. But at least they go somewhere. I listened to Larry McMurty's Telegraph Days on a whim and was horrendously disappointed in it.

was a pretty kickass follow-up to Leviathan, but I hope the ending of the trilogy doesn't end too "happy", given that they haven't gotten out of the first few months of World War I yet. Of course, the finale "Goliath" will be out in a few months.

As will "Mark of the Golden Dragon" the latest in the series that I've gotten addicted to. Me and Morgan are really digging the series on audiobook, but Kris hasn't been too impressed (he picked up a copy of book three, Under the Jolly Roger and read it during one of the really bad conventions he had last month.

Still loving Vampire Earth, and 's up to Valentine's Exile now. I picked up a deal pack on 's Lightbringer Trilogy book one: The Black Prism from them.

And there's a sixth book coming out in Bernard Cornwell's .
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 am

It's not that I wasn't impressed by the Bloody Jack book; it's that I was DEPRESSED by the book. It seems like looking at Jacky Faber's life is like watching a train that just never stops wrecking.

I liked that book better than anything of Bernard Cornwell, though; Cornwell writes in worlds where all humans are irredeemable evil bastards, and to me that gets tiring VERY fast.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am

Which is annoying, because I think that's half the audiobooks I have right now... I've picked up some of the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, and don't even get me started on Deathlands...
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.