[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

And yes, there's a Pony AMV hell on Youtube now.

No one Mare should have all that Power.

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 am

I'm sorry, not even the ponies can make Kayne West look good.

A new take on a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCHIKTRYRk
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Happygun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am

On a completely unrelated note, don't see Kung Fu Panda 2 - it's not half as good as the first, which was merely decent to begin with. If I had to give one piece of advice to the creators it would be: Less is more. We don't need so much dialog during the action sequences that it starts to feel like a Popeye cartoon without any of the latter's charm.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Holy. crap.

A group of bronies are making a MLP: FiM tournament fighting game and recently submitted a demo video. Everything - animation, music, presentation - is professional quality. You have to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi ... ideo_title
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Dude, player 2 Applejack is creepy. She looks like a zombie or something.

I hope it has more playable characters than just the mane cast members; like Trixie, Braeburn, Chief Thunderhoof, the Diamond Dogs, Big Macintosh, etc. Princess Celestia probably wouldn't work, her being a multi-thousand year old demigoddess and all. She could mop the floor with the rest.

Just in case I haven't made a big enough nerd of myself, allow me to present another idea. I think someone should make an old school RPG style game. The mane six fit into the classes almost perfectly:

Applejack: Warrior because she's the strongest and toughest.
Rainbow Dash: Rogue because she's the fastest.
Twilight Sparkle: Mage because, well, she's a mage.

The other three I have a bit of a harder time with. Here's my ideas:

Fluttershy: Beast Master because of her affinity with animals. She tamed a mothereffin manticore in the second part of the pilot.

Pinkie Pie: Healer because of her perky friendly demeanor and always has sweets on hand to pass out.

Rarity: Enchantress because of her beauty, elegance and knowledge of gems and such. If you're familiar with Guild Wars then maybe Mesmer.

P.S. Yes, I AM a big enough brony to deliberately replace 'main' with 'mane'.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Not, strictly speaking, related to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; but check out the weapon you unlock upon completing a game of Red Faction: Armageddon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz8ycL4g8N8

Not fake. My brother just completed the game and confirmed it.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Paka Ruri Kaila » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 am

mr toots last meal must have be mexican, I've never seen such horrid mudbutt!

side note, that is pony abuse mister!
sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chains
excite me

screw double damn, my cups are fuckers
Never say never it likes to bite you in the ass
Paka Ruri Kaila
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Happygun

Postby tHEfOOL » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:44 pm

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby tHEfOOL » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 am

"And yay did cieling cat smite the sinner with ROTFLCOPTERS, for he knew not the sacrement of the bucket"
tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:10 am

I'm a big fan of writing in general, so here's a Brony version of one of his leading heroes.

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Wonder how they'd distinguish the cavalry from the infantry.

Also, for those of you who still have doubts...My Little Pony Friendship is Magic + Benny Hill:

...No, this isn't fan made. It was actually in the episode (two episodes, actually).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6GVPq3ai4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qEBZHwdXc
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Somewhat well done, actually.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby tHEfOOL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:51 pm

tHEfOOL
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 am

And apparently, Jim Groat overherd his local rock station talking about the Pony phenomenon.

And then they played Equestria Girls on the radio.

I for one, welcome our new pony overlords.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:04 pm

A 66,000+ word My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic/BattleTech crossover fic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S4k ... xvYD&pli=1

...Not nearly as good as the Stargate fic, but it has its moments. Like when Twilight Sparkle threatens someone with a knife.

I never said they were good moments, did I?
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 am

Holy free-floating garbage scow carrying a half-a-ton of American Online subscription CDs coated with zesty ranch sauce captained by the reincarnation of Elvis Presley eating a Philly draped in almond butter!

Steven Colbert gave a shout-out to all his bronies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DAQTWvjd7E

Is world domination far off? Will the democrat and republican parties be replaced by the Celestia and Luna parties? (definitely an improvement!)
Happygun

Postby Toast » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 am

Vote for Luna! Politicians have always acted like they're better than you. They may as well be entertaining while they're about it!
Vote for Luna! She'll duel you if you want! That's the ultimate consideration for the feelings of the common people!

Vote for Celestia: Politicians have always acted like they're better than you. Isn't it about time someone actually was?
Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:30 pm

This is old, but someone wrote an essay on the Political Economy of Equestria, talking about how the Utopian society depicted in the show is unrealistic given the natural advantages unicorn and pegasus ponies have over earth ponies, referencing Marxist ideas and modern economic theory. The comment makers go even more in depth.

Some people really have too much time on their hands...

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/02/2 ... l-economy/
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 pm

I've noticed occasional arguments over whether ponies are supposed to have their cutie mark on both sides or just one. Some folks say that the reason we see blank flanks on adult ponies like Sapphire Shores sometimes is simply because we're seeing the wrong side at that moment.

I don't really know anything about My Little Pony prior to Friendship is Magic so I've no idea whether they used to have only one cutie mark or not. FIM ponies it seems are supposed to have them on both sides. There are quite a few instances of ponies turning around and showing both cutie marks in the same shot, and there's one instance in episode 15 where both of Twilight Sparkle's marks are visible in the same shot, at the same time.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 pm

I wrote up rules for playing Little Ponies in D&D 3.xx (no, I won't touch 4th edition*).

http://heliotroph.deviantart.com/galler ... s#/d45st9i

I think I have a problem.

*Not even with nitrile gloves.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Hour long livestream recording of Fighting is Magic: , , .

Mainly FAQ session and showing only Applejack and Twilight Sparkle at the moment. They were about to accidentally show some of Rarity, but they nipped that in the bud really fast.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Saw it. Applejack has a badass charge attack, Twilight Sparkle has frickin' lasers. And those are only their level 1 super attacks.

This game just keeps getting cooler and cooler.
Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.