[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Happygun » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Clip of season two has been released.

Whereas Celestia is a troll, Discord is kind of a douche.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/ ... -two-clip/
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 am

No new episode until October 15th?

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Just be patient. The fourth episode is slated to be a Halloween episode, featuring Luna.

A Halloween episode starring Luna. It is platonic Win.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 am

Why did Madeline Khan suddenly take over my noggin'?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:41 pm

I think you misspelled her last name.

My Little Pony Cabaret!

...I was thinking. Since ponies don't usually wear clothes, would equestrian strippers, like , perform by putting clothes on?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Call Twilight Sparkle. Shit's about to get magical.

The show already has a simple enough art style to reproduce, but I genuinely thought those were the actual voice actresses until they both said 'bitches'.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:36 am

Watching the episode "Cutey Mark Chronicles". First, holding up traffic for duckies like Belldandy. Then, waving the checkered flag for a race like she's the trophy to be won. Then, singing with butterflies.

Fluttershy is so damned cute she gives me an adoraboner.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:13 am

And then in episode 26 she goes completely batshit

You're...going to LOVE ME!!!

Love the Fluttershy. Fear the Fluttershy.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:31 pm

This week's Mister Kitty Found Sound offerings go well with that:

http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/foundsound/index.html

(Note: this post won't make any sense in a few days- Dave Merrill only posts one set of songs at a time, and does NOT archive!)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

I have now seen a few eps of MLP:FiM.

I haven't reached a verdict yet, as such.

Pro: excellent voice acting, decent dialog, EXCELLENT jokes and timing; all in all, a much better than average children's show.

Con: it IS a children's show and is plotted that way, i. e. repeatedly hitting you over the head with the moral every three minutes for twenty-two minutes straight. The eps I'm watching feel like you could pack two into a half-hour show and lose very little. Also, the plots do tend to get predictable. VERY predictable.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Which episodes? They do vary in quality. The latter ones resemble the classic Looney Toons more than a modern children's show.

My episode by episode rating (scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best).

Mare in the Moon (two-parter) 4
The Ticket Master 5
Applebuck Season 3
Griffon Brush-off 3
Boast Busters 3
Look Before You Sleep 4
Swarm of the Century 3
Call of the Cutie 3
Fall Weather Friends 4
Suited for Success 4
Feeling Pinkie Keen 2
Sonic Rainboom 5
Stare Master 3
The Show Shoppers 2
A Dog and Pony Show 4
Green Isn't your Color 4
Over a Barrel 3
A Bird in the Hoof 4
Owls Well That Ends Well 2
Party of One 4
The Best Night Ever 5
Winter Wrap-up 4

Return of Harmony (two parter) 3
Lesson Zero 4

Also, keep in mind that as an E&E show, they are actually OBLIGATED to incorporate moral lessons into MLP: FiM. Not just by the network, but the FCC!
Last edited by Happygun on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Holy fucking shit. Season 2 Episode 3: Lesson Zero is one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while. I was genuinely laughing out loud the whole time. Kris, watch that episode next. It is straight up Looney Tunes on crack.

Twilight's obsessive organizing, her old doll from fillyhood named Smarty Pants, Rainbow Dash using the sonic rainboom to detonate Applejack's old barn in a mushroom cloud, Fluttershy kung fu fighting a grizzly bear, ...no I'm not making this up..., and Twilight delving into a level of insanity that Pinkie Pie in Party of One couldn't even touch, EVERYTHING, is top notch entertainment. Topping it all off? Everypony in Ponyville, including the mayor, get into an epic RIOT.

NOBODY can watch this episode and still think that this is a kids only show. In fact, I'm genuinely worried that the writers may have used up all their best material in this one episode leaving nothing left for the rest of the season.

Right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyd5z0yCpf4
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Considering your high standards, 2 out of 5 being judged as "excellent" and the other 3 given a "pass" is a damn good recommendation. Though I disagree with your opinion of Pinkie Keen - the dismissal of rational skepticism kind of turned me off that episode.

As far as ponies going off the deep end, that's a VERY common occurrence in the series - Swarm of the Century, Suited for Success, The Best Night Ever, and let's not forget Party of One. You get the impression every pony is teetering on the brink of madness. The appearance of a single Deep One or Mi-Go would turn all of Equestria into Bedlam.

And yes, you DO have high standards. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, mind.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:42 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Um, that was the point. It made rational skepticism look bad by having Twilight mishandle it. Apart from one brief (albeit well-equipped) attempt to study it objectively, all of Twilight's efforts were aimed towards disproving Pinkie Pie out of spite and stubbornness even as the evidence mounted. That's bad science.

A better lesson would have been: There are things in life you don't understand and need to accept for the time being, but you should never stop asking questions because someday you may be able to figure them out.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:06 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Actually, it looked like an juryrigged electroencephalogram to me - one the earliest instruments used for studying brain activity. It was employed in the 1910s and 1920s and is still used today. A good choice for studying something like Pinkie Pie's Pinkie sense, actually, assuming her wave patterns don't look like cupcakes. Or the great Cthulhu.

Also...Twilight Sparkle is evolving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYdJT_KY ... re=related
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:26 am

Swarm of the Century and Applebuck Season are much higher on my scale. But then, I think I've done Applejack's level of sleep dep before, so... I can relate. And Swarm has Pinkie Pie in a one-man-band getup.

And on "Lesson Zero". You left out.. DERPY!

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 pm

It's a good idea to watch Bridle Gossip before Swarm of the Century. In Bridle Gossip the character Zecora is introduced and in Swarm of the Century she makes a brief reappearance. Dragonshy explains Fluttershy's "Hop, skip and a jump" line in Feeling Pinkie Keen, and The Ticket Master hints briefly at why Big Macintosh has a bandaged midsection in Applebuck Season. The Ticket Master and Suited For Success also set us up for the Grand Galloping Gala featured in the Season 1 finale The Best Night Ever. Beyond that there's really not that much continuity between episodes.

Oh, and is it a little sad that I've memorized the Winter Wrap Up song?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Likewise, "Art of the Dress" is one of the best songs of the series, if you work in CosPlay. It's the official song of Commissions.

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.