[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Season 5 Episode 18 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark

...Wow. Just...wow. Not going to mention anything specific about the episode because the potential for spoilage is strong in this one, but this calibur is something they usually save for a season finale. It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new one, that's all I'm going to say.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Unlike pretty much all the other primarily musical episodes, this one actually was very well written and managed to fit plenty of meaningful content in it.

Among other things, Applejack actually mentioned her parents at long last and confirmed that they're dead. Am I crazy but was Derpy also dressed as a delivery pony?
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:52 pm

I actually found the musical nature of the ep annoying. I only really liked one song (Diamond Tiara's introspective bit). The rest ranged from "meh" to "bleah." I honestly think the ep would have been better as a straight ep, with Diamond Tiara's song being the only musical number.

Bear in mind, of course, that I strongly dislike musicals by default.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Season 5 Episode 19 - The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows

...Really? No one else has anything to say?

'Cause this was, in my opinion, a fun little episode. Simple plot, retreaded moral, but plenty of yucks. This one was all about the comedy. Oh, and an important announcement.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:08 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:58 pm

It's been a rough week for me so I decided to just cover eps 19 and 20 together.

The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows

I wouldn't get too critical of Pinkie over this. She may appear like a hypocrite but that's just the way things are. Saying something is important to someone else is a lot easier than actually doing it when the burden suddenly lands on you.

Liked the episode lots but I really REALLY want to see Spike stop being such a schmuck.

Hearthbreakers

Meh, this one wasn't nearly so entertaining. In the brief history recap on the founding of Equestria they once again failed to make any mention as to Celestia and Luna. Limestone Pie (where's Hot Melted Silver?) is really grating with her personality, and the parents are way too Amish. Also, MarbleMac is now officially a thing, even though I'm still a CheerieMac shipper myself.

Hopefully The Scare Master balances things out. I'm well aware that it was leaked ages ago but I refuse to watch it until on or after Halloween.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:23 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:04 pm

The Scare Master

Indeed. It's important to try out things you normally wouldn't do, but it doesn't always lead to you liking or regularly doing those new things. A pretty good episode I think. Certainly unexpected throughout.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah, I watched the episode when it was leaked. I was naughty.

Good one, this. Nonstandard but important lesson.

Also, is WLPComics dead? No updates and it seems like only myself, you, Kris, and a handful of people are on the forums these days.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:31 pm

What about Discord?

This is now my second favorite Discord episode after Three's a Crowd. It's so much watching him troll Twilight so much. Plus, FlutterOrange and Bob f*king Ross.

The Hooffields and the McColts

How can you take possibly the most famous clan feud in American history, known for its excessive brutal violence and counter revenge, which escalated to the point of U.S. marshals getting involved, and somehow make it family friendly?

Yeah, this episode was rather lacking in writing quality. How exactly do squirrels keep accurate historical records? With all the massive idiot ball swinging the families were doing (interpret that however you like) it was simply impossible to find any of it relatable.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:47 am

I hold the opposite opinion. What About Discord? is the weakest Discord episode so far. It felt like the writers came up with the concept but didn't go anywhere interesting with it. The Hooffields and the McColts, on the other hand, was fun. There weren't any standout moments but it was a solid little story.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:14 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Season 5, Episode 24 - The Mane Attraction

Decent music. But dear god...

SHOW. DON'T. TELL.

Repeat.

SHOW. DON'T. TELL.

There was NO subtext whatsover. None. Zilch. Nada. Granted the show doesn't generally leave a lot of room for interpretation or ambiguity but neither does it bludgeon you over the head with the moral. And why the hell did 'RaRa' suddenly think Applejack was jealous of her success? It came out of nowhere! Bleh. Hopefully the season finale will be worthwhile.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:29 pm

That Glitz and Glam song is possibly the worst song in the entire series. A song about the visual tricks used in the song? Her piano reprise wasn't much better simply because it was about recovering from the aforementioned song. Overall this episode would have worked much better as a two parter.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:25 pm

It was 'tell' in that the moral and subtext were blatantly vocalized by the characters. Repeatedly. More so than usual. They needed to be a bit subtler here, that's all.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:51 am

Well, just saw the finale, which was wonderful until the last eight minutes or so.

The way (no spoilers) the main conflict was resolved was... meh. Not particularly good, could have been much better, but not outright awful.

At least, not as awful as the closing song was. That was nauseatingly twee.

And in that last shot... what the hell are all those ponies looking up at?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:32 pm

"Come on."
"No."
"Come on."
"No."
"Come onnnnn."
"Oh okay, fine."

Most boring plot resolution in the world.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:55 am

Yep, pretty much what Kris and Ganthan said. Good beginning and middle, sappy, unsatisfying ending with a weak heel-face turn. And making Starlight Glimmer slightly more powerful than Twilight felt really cheap, particularly given that she already had the advantage when it came to messing up the timeline. Her power level demands an explanation, particularly since Twilight was already magically gifted AND had access to the best tutor/library in Equestria AND was turned into a goddamn alicorn. This finale needed more polish.

Thus begins another great pony famine. Until the feature length non-Equestria Girls film comes out, that is.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 pm

AAAAHHHHHHH!!! THE CUTENESS!!! THE SHEER, WEAPONS GRADE CUTENESS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWMnF2LT-Q
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Well, so much for the hunch I once had that alicorns can only be made and not born. Not only CAN they be born, they can be born with a giant horn and wings. Don't let Scootaloo see her.

Wait, if alicorns can be made AND born and they're basically immortal, why aren't there a lot more alicorns in the world?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.