[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm

If the creator of Ren and Stimpy (John K.) made My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAJqvslV7M

Warning! Contains naughty language, stoned baby dragons, apple motor-boating, and Stanley Kubrick.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Got 10 seconds in. Reminded myself why I can't stand to watch the Ren & Stimpy style of animation.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:20 pm

It actually just irritates my eyes to look at his stuff.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Luna Eclipsed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDs7T78 ... ideo_title

Somebody has been watching Lord of the Rings...

And yes, I can totally see Twilight choosing an costume that no-one will recognize.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm coming more and more to like this show, sometimes for all the wrong reasons:

* How many Indian tribes, I wonder, protested against the stereotype buffalo herd? (Never mind an ending sequence which could have come out of an animated version of <I>Bugsy Malone</I>.)

* One episode shows SOMEONE remembers and loves Benny Hill... as a knockoff of "Yakity Ax" plays while the characters chase a mostly naked chick.

* The Pie family rock farm. Amish ponies. Oh, NOOOOOOTHING potentially dark THERE...

* And is it me, or is Scootaloo on the path to being the butch when she grows up?

All in all, I think I like the Insane Little Horsies Teach Life Lessons Show...

... but it's still not quite as good as <I>Batman: the Brave and the Bold</I> when Aquaman is in the cast. (Which I notice is becoming nearly every ep of late. Did somebody order an industrial-size case of HAM?)
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Luna Eclipsed didn't seem as good, but I can't yet tell if that's just because it followed the very well done Lesson Zero. I like the reappearance of Zecora (was anyone else reminded of Elvira?), Rainbow Dash being a prankster in her Shadowbolt costume (now there's an obscure one) and Twilight being a nerd as usual, but I was also let down at the apparent lack of Rarity. Luna herself seemed really awkwardly done but I guess that was the whole point. It makes sense that a princess who's been gone for a thousand years is gonna be frustrated at how different things are. Hopefully she'll be back and maybe even team up with Celestia to do some DBZ style ass kicking.

I wonder how many Christian fundamentalist fu- ... wait, no no no. Let me rephrase that.

I wonder how many old uptight religious folks are gonna try to have this episode boycotted because it glorifies Halloween? (See? I managed to keep it civil this time.)
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:23 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Rarity's absence at Nightmare Night explained by The Word of God (i.e. Lauren Faust).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dRZPr0ZTQsU/T ... arity2.png
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:12 pm

OH MY GHOD, I KNOW WHAT I'M WEARING TO YOUMACON NEXT WEEK. 5 Paper Bags.

And.. is Pinkie Pie a Kids in the Hall reference?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Insane horses are turned into glue... insane ponies get their own TV show.

I'm wondering if I should put that on a shirt.

And I'm doing the Derpy costume at OniCon this weekend, I think- provided I can find brown paper bags big enough. Sandwich bags won't do.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I was thinking about parodies of (A) The Teamster's Union logo, for an "International Brotherhood of Bronies" or somesuch, and (B) a Dos Equus, a parody of hte Dos Equis logo. The most interesting Colt in the world...

And how about one for Stephen Soundhooves? ""
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm

...Why can I totally see this happening if MLP: FiM were moved to Adult Swim?
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:17 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:53 pm

I loathe Naruto, but this MLP: FiM Parody of the opening is seamless, to the point that, if they replaced the cast with ponies - AND didn't stretch the story out so far you could use it as dental floss - the show might actually be tolerable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwZwuXey ... re=related
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Bronies in a nutshell.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Omfg Rarity's parents... seriously, WTF? Also, I admit that the twist at the end would almost have had me fooled until I remembered what color Applejack's eyes are.

Not only is this a , it's the first ever episode where Twilight Sparkle never shows up.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:38 am

400 bronies... in one room. Custom plushies... girls in cowboy boots and stetson hats... applejacks... applejacks...

Yo-u--ma...con... *collapses*
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Cute girls wearing clothes that make them look like humanized versions of the mane cast = smexy

Anyone wearing a pony fursuit = KILL IT!!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.