[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Ganthan » Mon May 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Amazingly, it appears Youtube has unblocked some of Jan Animations' videos, such as Let's Go And Meet The Bronies and Don't Mine At Night. Button's Adventures hasn't returned yet, although it was uploaded by other users.

New stuff consists of an (completed version uploaded ). By far the funniest is Jan's to the C & D.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Someone made a video on the top 20 most disturbing moments in cartoons and Pinkie Pie's mental breakdown in Party of One is number 10. Personally I think Twilight's breakdown in Lesson Zero was worse, but I guess Pinkie won out because of Cupcakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE62sttB5do
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am

Haven't seen the full film yet, but based off the clips that have been popping up on YouTube and the plot summary on wikipedia, here's my review of My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks:

YAARRGEEEARGHBLE!!

At this point I think the best thing to do is use the tactic employed by Sonic fans regarding several of the Sonic the Hedgehog movies - pretend it doesn't exist. Rainbow Rocks didn't actually happen. It's a mass delusion of crap.*

*Not even Maud Pie could redeem it, if it existed, that is.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:20 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OohaKjsl9Po

Just in case you're not yet completely jaded on the whole stupid Ice Bucket Challenge.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Finally just watched Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks. Like the first, it wasn't all that good, but it managed to be a little better at least. Definitely had a bit too much Idiot Ball passing and Deus Ex Machina going on such as Rainbow Dash wanting to sing a song about how awesome she is or Twilight suddenly whipping up a machine that lets her go through the portal between worlds anytime she likes. Then again, it's a cartoon. It's supposed to really over exaggerate everything to get its point across.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Still haven't seen it, will probably wait until it's on Netflix or some other easily accessible medium. Did they ever address exactly where Sunset Shimmer lives and how she supports herself without parents?
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:03 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:58 pm

While we're at it, why were the human mane 6 (and rest of the high school and town for that matter) so nonchalant about transforming into anthropomorphic ponies/magical girls? The setting seems fairly consistent with the real world yet the population exhibits Sunnydale levels of apathy to the amazing (and yet the alternate Twilight notices something is off?)
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:40 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Since Twilight must be some amalgamation of Doc Emmet Brown and Gyro Gearloose in pony form and built her own machine to activate the portal whenever she likes (something Princess Celestia couldn't even do, mind you), maybe the third Equestria Girls will have the Canterlot High cast visiting Equestria for once. Now that would be something I'd look forward to.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Happygun

Postby Happygun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:40 am

Finally got around to watching Rainbow Rocks on Netflix. Many people have claimed it's slightly better than Equestria Girls. I hold the opposite opinion.

I already remarked upon the industrial grade pervading the town. Yes, I understand it maintains the status quo, but the way the students and faculty kept referencing (and observing) magic only to shrug it off was awkward and irritating, to say nothing of how first contact, the discovery of another reality and physics-defying forces tearing apart a town got overlooked by the world at large. Towards the end you're just about ready to accept the hand wave for the sake of the story...then human Twilight shows up with her conspiracy theory poster wall and says there's something strange happening at Equestria High. Y'think? I guess she's the only human on the planet with a fully functioning brain.

Putting that aside, I have another major criticism: the villains, the Dazzlings, were just not that interesting. Yes, they were ruthless and clever, but there was absolutely no depth to them whatsoever. Their personalities were one-dimensional - the queen-b leader, the irritable sidekick, and a Pinkie Pie expy - their motivation, a stereotype - they want power over people because...they're evil, and no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. Compare them with Sunset Shimmer in the first film. Her motivation wasn't as simple as power for its own sake; she was jealous of Twilight's ascension and wanted to prove she's the better, er, pony. Her plan of taking over Equestria with an army of enthralled high school students, while stupid, was at least a plan with a clear endgame. And while she did abduct and hold Spike hostage, she later stated she would have never actually harmed him, showing she wasn't a complete monster.

Of course, one might argue the Dazzlings were monsters and therefore shouldn't be expected to be too complex. I beg to differ. A well-rounded villain improves just about any story and it wouldn't have been that difficult to make the Dazzlings more interesting. What if they'd needed negative energy to live and were starving to death? Suddenly they would come across less as villains and more beings desperate to survive. What if they had wanted to return to Equestria (and why wouldn't they? more magic to go around) What if they had wanted revenge on the ponies for being banished? Suddenly their lust for power has a solid motivation behind it.* Maybe I'm asking too much from writers of what is ostensibly a show for children and young teens, but some of the past MLP: FiM episodes approached A-game Pixar story quality. Surely they could reproduce it for a feature length film.

*And didn't the Windagos from Hearts Warming Eve function the same way the Dazzlings do? And weren't there three of them? Would have been a nice call-back to previously established canon.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 pm

No.

Way.

True to the Mega Man series this game looks brutally hard. You've got the Mane 6 as enemy bosses this time around and the way they attack is just genius. Rarity deflects attacks with a spinning gem shield, Twilight teleports around and shoots magic beams, Rainbow Dash shoots you with lightning, Pinkie of course has her party cannon, Applejack for some reason pilots a mecha suit to punch you and hit you with apples, and Fluttershy sends critters to attack you and if you shoot any of them she gets pissed and freezes you with her Stare. You can buy stuff from Zecora and they maintained her trait of talking in rhyme. I probably won't actually try playing this game myself though, just because my old school platforming skills aren't what they used to be and also because I can't play platformers with a keyboard.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:39 pm

...And Hasbro sends a C&D in five, four, three, two...
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:07 pm

Actually, is the best for getting a taste of the full experience, because apparently you can also play through the game as the Mane 6 themselves with different skills and attacks. Twilight can shoot wavy magic beams and teleport short distances. Pinkie can put down a spring platform and shoot balloons which can inflate and float up. Applejack can hurl and buck apples everywhere and attach to the ceiling with her lasso. Rarity can create platforms and summon gems for both defense and attack. Fluttershy has limited flying and throws out critters for attacking, which then charge up her Stare if they get hurt. Rainbow Dash is very fast and can fly wherever she likes, but is balanced out by only being able to melee dash attack.

I've got to say this game looks amazingly well designed and fun. Maybe I will try it out, assuming I can play it with my wired 360 controller.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:06 am

Wow, someone made their ride 20% cooler.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:54 pm

I realize it's a little late for Hearts and Hooves day, but I dare anyone to read this short comic without putting on a goofy grin.

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 pm

MOTHER...

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 am

...Can't believe the fandom is still producing wonderful stuff like this given the current pony drought.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm

April 4th.

APRIL 4TH!

Are we gonna make it that long?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 am

They really need to make another Equestria Girls movie, just so Hasbro character Hector Ramirez can make an appearance in MLP, finally.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.