[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:39 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Ganthan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 am

Since we're three weeks and four episodes into Season 6, I guess someone ought to mention something about it. So far the writing is feeling a little redundant. The Crystalling was an alright premiere, even though it felt like unicorns were once again appearing over priveleged while earth ponies are once again left in the dirt. The Gift of The Maud Pie, aside from having an excessively long title, felt like a bit of a repeat of Maud's first appearance with the whole gift exchanging thing. On Your Marks was kinda dull with the CMCs starting to have an existential crisis, though I'm glad they pulled crazy Applebloom back in before it became too much.

All in all it just seems like the writers are running out of ideas, especially for the slice of life episodes.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Yeah. Sadly, my interest in the show is waning. I may post a retroactive review of the past episodes of season six eventually but for now, eh.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Meanwhile, what little of Powerpuff Girls reboot I've seen... it's time to stop.

It's time... to stop.

No... no me gust twerking lolis.

Where are your parents?
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun May 01, 2016 6:07 am

NO NO NO. I don't think I've ever NO'd so hard at something in MLP. Her name is Vinyl Scratch. Vinyl. Scratch. Not DJ Pon3. That just doesn't even make sense.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

My feelings on the series so far, summed up in one-liner dscriptions:

The Crystalling: Flurry Heart, Alicorn Princess of the Idiot Ball.

The Gift of the Maud Pie: Because little kids will never read hundred-year-old short stories.

On Your Marks: Applebloom needs therapy for her separation issues.

Gauntlet of Fire: (not yet watched)

No Second Prances: Yes kids, get yourself named Princess of Friendship and you, too, can be a total dick to others.

Newbie Dash: Join the Wonderbolts, because there's nothing like a little gratuitous humiliation to keep you in your place.

So far, the keyword for the entire season is "cringe." Even in cases when the cringe-worthy actions are entirely understandable, as in "No Second Prances," it's damn uncomfortable to watch. And I'm doubly disappointed because the new story editor, Josh Haber, wrote some of my favorite episodes up until this point. Yet all the episodes in season six seem to talk down to the viewer in a way previous episodes didn't.

All in all, not as bad as Season 3, but there hasn't been an episode as good as the best Season 3 had to offer yet.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Tue May 10, 2016 1:24 pm

You keep banging on about how awful Season 3 was but honestly I don't see what was so bad about it. I think a lot of the episodes were really good, like Sleepless in Ponyville, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Wonderbolts Academy and Apple Family Reunion. Sure the finale was an overly musical false happy ending and the season was only half length but those aren't quite enough to totally kill it.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu May 12, 2016 10:01 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun May 22, 2016 5:10 pm

The only parts of A Hearth's Warming Tail I liked were Pinkie's fluffy yellow robe and scary towering Luna. Otherwise meh, although I'm curious how many fundamental Christians complained about how the show is excluding Jesus from its version of Christmas.

The Saddle Row Review is far more interesting. I hadn't expected that such a structure could work so well with a show like this. The writer, Nick Confolone, also wrote No Second Prances, which is the other episode to mention DJ Pon3 (ugh, I don't even like writing that name out) directly.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun May 22, 2016 5:40 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat May 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Applejack's Day Off

Did this episode seem like it was really dragging on needlessly to anyone else? I guess that's the problem when you start getting into subject material like this in a family show. It's easy for us working adults to understand that specific problem but it's not so easy for kids to grasp, so you have to spend extra time explaining everything, repeating things and making the problems super duper silly so they stand out. It ended up making the episode rather boring.

Also, since when did the Ponyville Spa rival Black Mesa in size?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Flutter Brutter

Nice one overall. I appreciate the fact that Fluttershy is actually demonstrating some of the lessons she's learned in prior episodes. I also appreciate that Rainbow Dash isn't holding a grudge against Zephyr Breeze for his constant advances.

Spice Up Your Life

Uh, something tells me that Twilight and Starlight may have gotten something wrong when they "fixed" the Cutie Map, because I don't see how a good restaurant not getting much business counts as a friendship problem. It was even weirder when the actual solution was to not actually change anything. While I'm not 100% certain of this, I'm also pretty sure that an important food critic is not going to take time out of her day to go into a restaurant that she didn't give a good rating to and shout down to everyone about eating there.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Apparently, a large percentage of the fandom has fallen in love with the Indian-esque filly from Spice Up Your Life.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:35 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Alrighty then. While I'm not entirely sure what to make of what I just watched, I'm sure Kris has met plenty of Quibble Pantses in his time as a con vendor. Oh, I'm looking forward to all the Quibble Dash shipping that's gonna come out of this.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:23 pm

There was a Daring Doo body pillow in the last episode.

A Daring Doo body pillow depicting Daring Doo bound in rope.

I have nothing to add to this.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:41 pm

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 am

The Cart Before The Ponies

Oh, there are just so many things wrong with this episode that I don't think I can do it justice. Kris, your thoughts on this idiot ball derby?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:19 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:17 pm

28 Pranks Later

Now this one I rather enjoyed because of how creepy and over the top it was, although I've read a lot of comments arguing that the counter prank against Rainbow Dash went way too far. Considering Rainbow, I thought it was just what she needed.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Happygun

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.