[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Re: The My Little Pony: Frienship Is Magic Thread

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Oh man, the writers are really ripping into the upper class HARD in this episode. All these rich bitch unicorns in Canterlot walk around with their noses in the air, have no original opinions of their own and look down on other ponies like they're afraid of catching their poverty like a disease. Upper Crust was a cool guy, though.

I'm starting to notice that MLP: FIM is starting to bear a few similarities to Friends in that it always just seems to be these mane six that hang out together and do stuff. Even when they have parties and other ponies are around the mane six tend to ignore everyone else in favor of themselves. I did like how rowdy Twilight's birthday party was with Pinkie's Party Cannon, the cake fight and the return of the pony conga line.

However, I'm still waiting for another Pinkie Pie themed episode this season. We need more pink madness!
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:08 pm

I'd say it's more accurate to say that Equestria has whatever is needed for the story/lesson/gag of the moment- for example, Ponyville is mostly flat, except for when it needs to have an absurdly high, steep hill with a road running straight down it so that baby carriages and out-of-control vehicles will have someplace to go.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 am

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey Kris, without spoiling anything...how likely is it that we'll see some MLP: FiM references in PitW?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Happygun

Postby Toast » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 am

Toast
Bodice ripping

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:59 pm

In my book, the ponies are pretty much apex everything. Love the ponies, fear the ponies.
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, the deviants at hotdiggidydemon have produced another twisted perversion of MLP:FiM in the traditions of John K. And they plan on making more.

In this episode, Twilight learns all about the magic of exploiting illegal Mexican immigrants for slave labor. I wish I were joking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH-SmtnOqI
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Not interested. I'm more into THIS perversion- the pilot two-parter as a D&D 4e crawl...

http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:04 pm

, portrait with idle and selection animations. The same page has Applejack as a SCV and Rainbow Dash as some flying unit. We need a Starcraft pony mod. Now.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Warning: The above link may become useless sometime soon, given how rapidly trolls succeed in getting MLP vids flagged.

Good episode all around. Favorite line was definatelly "How dare you take the cake!"
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:06 pm

I also feel the need to share:

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:47 pm

This episode, like all the others, was full of cute and funny moments. However, more than any other episode, the plot didn't really make much sense. I was expecting an episode establishing the founding of Equestria to be a little more consistent with what we've been shown so far.

If the unicorns were the ones that managed the sun and moon before, at what point did the alicorns take over that responsibility? For that matter, what great purpose do the unicorns now serve?

If Equestria was founded by pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies before the alicorns, why would their flag have Celestia and Luna on it?

The only explanation I can think of for all this is that the alicorns must have conquered and taken control of Equestria some time after its founding and now rule over it with an iron hoof. The alicorns established themselves as godlike rulers and keep all other ponies beholden to them as subjects and worshippers.

Since unicorns are the only other types of ponies able to use magic, albeit nowhere near as skillfully as alicorns, they earned special status in their eyes and became more wealthy and influential than the other pony races, despite no longer taking such an important role in the balancing of the world. After all, the alicorns can't have the unicorns upset and trying to usurp them.

Well this explains why Celestia keeps bodyguards near her at all times. Somepony who rejects her tyrannical rule of inequality may attempt an assassination at any time.

The more I learn about this world the more scary and depressing it becomes. :(
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Maybe the unicorn-pegasus ponies arose after the unification of the tribes because, up until then, Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn ponies did not intermarry. Thus unicorn-pegasus ponies could be considered an extreme example of hybrid vigor. But that would beg the question: why aren't there a lot more unicorn-pegasus ponies around?

Maybe you should remember it's a just TV show and you really should relax.

Seriously, why is the fandom so obsessed with twisting Equestria into a candy-coated Orwellian dictatorship?

P.S. As for the flag, it's probably an anachronism; like how the older U.S. flags have fewer stars yet a play depicting the revolutionary war might raise the modern U.S. flag at the climax.

P.P.S. Alicorn refers to the SUBSTANCE making up a unicorn's horn, not a unicorn-pegasus.
Happygun

Postby Happygun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:21 pm

The German Pirate Party ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_Germany) - which recently gained a seat on the German parliament - has introduced a new procedure. Whenever discussion becomes too heated or angry, any member of the pirate party may move for "pony time," where they watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am not making this up.

Original Article (in Deutsch) http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/dlfmagazin/1630017/

Translated Article http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/b ... .html#more

There's no stopping the ponies. There's no stopping the bronies. All hail Celestia and Luna!!!
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:39 pm

I gave in and added the extra $10/mth to my cable bill.

I think the most recent episode has great heaping piles of Don't Investigate This Too Closely in it. It was just meant to teach "conflict bad, mutual respect good," and it did so in a truly hilarious way. Much, MUCH better than "Mare-do-Well".
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm sure our politicians are NOTHING like the characters depicted in the play. Nope. No Sir. Not at all...
Happygun

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Best line of the episode:

"Well, it's only 'cause you mean ol' Pegasusususus are making it snow like crazy!"
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 am

You see, the Alicorns were the union of the three, foretold in a prophecy to bring balance to the for- MUFFINCHLORIANS!

"Oh god, all I hear is Star Wars inside my brain! Someone help me!"
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Alicorn = the material unicorn horns are made of.
Pegacorn/Winged Unicorn/Pegasus Unicorn = Unicorn with wings.
Happygun

Postby Ganthan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks Happygun, but you have to admit that Alicorn is a much better sounding name than Pegacorn or Winged Unicorn or Pegasus Unicorn. I'm not sure too many people are aware of the traditional definition of alicorn but considering we're dealing entirely with fantasy here I wouldn't obsess too much over it. Bear in mind that fantasy is, by definition, entirely fictional and made up to begin with.

I look forward to the show writers revealing the name of Celestia and Luna's pony species someday so that we'll know precisely what to call them.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

PreviousNext

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.