Risk

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Risk

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 pm

My dad and I just started up a game today. He and his brothers used to be really big into Risk decades ago but he also hasn't played it for about that long. This is my first time ever playing it. I'm really enjoying it so far, even though we've had to put the game on pause until tomorrow.

We're playing the standard two player game with non reinforcing neutral territories at the beginning. Things started out well for me when I took control of Australia, though he overtook me when he gained both Africa and North America. He then took South America, but lost his monopoly on North America when I took Alaska through Kamchatka.

As it stands now, he has a slight upper hand on me from controlling Africa, South America and most of North America. I have Australia and most of Asia. Europe is still heavily contested.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: Risk

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:18 am

Everyone has a Risk story.

And they ALWAYS begin with, "So there I was with nothing but Australia..."
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Risk

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, our game only went on an hour and a half longer before he pulverized me. It just seems like once you have an upper hand it's likely to just keep getting bigger and bigger. Nonetheless I learned quite a bit about Risk tactics.

Now I need to see if I can get a decent sized multiplayer game going. That would be far more interesting.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.