[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Gay Question

The Gay Question

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Gay Question

Postby Ganthan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 pm

"What makes someone gay?"

Barring alternate definitions of the word such as the older one of "Being very happy," or the newer "Anything you don't like," it amazes me how much confusion and misinformation there still is regarding the meaning of homosexuality. I thought I'd be so kind as to clear it up as I understand it.

There's really only one question that needs to be answered. Depending on whether male or female, the question is, "Are you a male with sexual attraction towards males," or "Are you a female with sexual attraction towards females?" If Yes, then you're gay. If No, then you're not. Simple as that.

Seriously, being gay has absolutely nothing to do with anything else other than what gender you have sexual attraction towards. It has nothing to do with personal interests in music, movies, TV shows, etc. It doesn't matter what your political goals or religious beliefs are, despite the definate bias. Hell, you could admire the appearance of someone of the same sex or even see each other naked without issue and it still wouldn't make you gay because of the lack of sexual attraction.

I'm not gay myself, but I do have a gay step sister and I'm pretty sure one of her close friends is gay as well. But even if I never personally knew any gay people I would still be 100% supportive of gay rights. In fact, even the phrase 'Gay Rights' seems kind of redundant to me because there should be no difference among the rights of any and all lawful citizens.

I would say I'm supportive of gay marriage, but I think marriage itself is a bit of a complicated topic. If the discussion comes to it I'd be happy to give my input. For now though, I'd like to hear some other folks' views on the gay issue.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Re: The Gay Question

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Even as you put it,it's not that simple. Check out the autobiographical comics of Erika Moen for an alternate: fairly strongly Lesbian, but also sexually attracted to her male S. O.

Sexuality isn't binary; it's a spectrum.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: The Gay Question

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 am

I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.