[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Movie Night!

Movie Night!

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Movie Night!

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 am

Let's discuss what we've been watching recently - saw Galaxy of Terror on youtube the other day. I think I can mark the moment when Roger Corman became an honorary Japanese citizen.

Also saw in theaters last Friday. Is the RZA an actor's director? No. But he can work a fight scene, which is why I went there. Russel Crowe with a mouthful of beads was just a lovely surprise.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Movie Night!

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Re-watched Doctor Who: the Daemons the other night. Hokey but much fun.

Tried watching the short-form Di Gi Charat anime; not for me. It felt unoriginal and annoying.

Mostly, though, I've been head-down in creative projects, not watching or reading much of anything.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Yesterday I broke out Police Academy (first one). Comedy. Classic.

There was once a rumor that Steve Guttenberg would be directing his own Police Academy film, but I guess that idea's been flushed. Still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Good thing, but not because of him.

Try to name eight modern (young) comedians without overlapping comic style. Modern stand up is so damned generic that you wouldn't be able to tell who was who for the most part.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Last night I saw Pandorum. Kind of meh but better than Event Horizon anyway. Nice twist ending.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm

bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 am

DJANGOOOOO after the showers, comes the sun-

Okay, saw it. So should you. Cristopher Waltz deserves another Oscar. Sudden urge to play Red Dead Redemption again.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:09 am

Wow, just the trailer is making me trip serious balls. Why do I get the feeling that a lot of people are going to go see this JUST for the Inception style alternate world and special effects? I mean it sure isn't going to be for the story itself, which looks like garbage.
Last edited by Ganthan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 am

Took two nights to watch the director's cut "Das Boot."

In. Credible.

It must be seen.

(And I may want to look into getting a soundtrack.)
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ganthan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:20 pm

I've read all kinds of flak about this movie about the acting quality, how much Shia LaBeouf sucks, how Gary Oldman's part was too short, etc. I can see all those points but personally I still really liked it. It was a really terse and visceral story that didn't disappoint and I especially liked the climax at the bridge. This is a movie I'll be buying on DVD.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Ganthan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Man of Steel

Having been born in 1980, the original Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve didn't leave that big of a mark with me. In fact, when I try to watch any of them now, the low budget cheesiness that surfaces when any media ages long enough keeps me from enjoying any of it. Since I'm also not a comic book reader in any way shape or form, I was all too eager to check out the modern day reboot of the Superman franchise.

Holy crap was it awesome! Everything that you NEED Superman to be was there, wrapped up in mind blowing special effects that just leaves you thinking, "I hope this fight scene goes on for as long as possible!" I'm sure there will always be old fuddy duddies out there who will watch it and say "This isn't Superman!" Sure, I can understand that, as I have those moments once in a while myself. However, I set out to enjoy myself at the theater and enjoyment was had. Mission accomplished.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Lessee... four movies I recently saw -

Fast & Furious 6
Epic
The Purge

and Equestria Girls (of course)

The only one I really didn't care for was Epic, too damned cliche a basic framework, I knew not to expect much given it was fro mthe people behind Ice Age.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Then why haven't you posted a reaction/review of the MLP: EQ movie yet?
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 am

Just got out of The Lego Movie. Well worth 3d Ticket price on a Thursday night.

Everything was awesome.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:41 am

And I just saw the Robocop remake. Well worth seeing, even if you wait. Very different from the original, and a touch more sci-fi than satire.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat May 17, 2014 11:18 am

OHHHHH NO. THEY SAY HE'S GOT TO GO-
GO
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 am

Got Elementary Season 1 from Netflix. Damn good show.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:21 am

Criminey, movies seen this year.. Age of Ultron (yeah, okay) Ant Man (very interesting what they did with a couple of things), Pixels (Cute enough for a matinee viewing, and looked great in 3d) Mad Max: Fury Road, Jurassic World, The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, and most recently:
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.