Venture Brothers

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Venture Brothers

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 am

Why not a conversation on this cartoon? Some of the best writing on tv, and sith a 5th season finally crawling towards us (though let's face it, that 4th season finale should have made one of the best series closers ever, I agree with Chris Antista on this one.) We should talk about it.

And I say all this even without mentioning my spot-on Seargent Hatred, Dr. Mrs The Monarch, & 21 & 24 impersonations.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Venture Brothers

Postby Happygun » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Agreed. Not all of the episodes are winners, but the best are hilarious masterpieces of satire, black comedy, and beauty in failure. The long, long delay between season 4 and season 5 is finally coming to an end, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm wondering if the Venture brothers and Doctor Venture will change much in season 5. Their personalities, quirks, flaws, and motivations have well established but they haven't undergone much character development compared to, say, Henchman 21, Sergeant Hatred, etc. I think that's the point, though. Due to their upbringing none of the Ventures will ever be normal, well-adjusted human beings (with the possible exception of Jonas, somewhat ironic given what he went through)and frankly they wouldn't know how to function as such. All they can do is push on and hope things get a little better each day.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:41 pm

I everybrony's gonna bitch about Equestria Girls, I'm gonna revive this thread.

DUDE!

NEW SEASON!

Season opener contains Game of Thrones reference!
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm

The season premier was made of pure win. You could grind a DVD of it and sprinkle it on a Ford Pinto and it'd transform into a Ferrari.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.