[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Robotech

Robotech

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Robotech

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:27 am

There's a new Kickstarter for a "Robotech Academy" animated project. Looks like it'll be CGI'd stuff, but then, a lot of action orient animation is anyways nowadays. (And the rest is stuff like Clarence.)

So now that the grenade has been lobbed into the room: FREAK OUT!
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Robotech

Postby Ganthan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:53 pm

*Does a Wikipedia search on Robotech*

Ohhh, it's an anime.

Sorry if that wasn't the reaction you were hoping for. :(
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

...and don't forget the ponies.
Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Not only that, but a highly controversial one, held by a highly controversial company.

There are literally people putting in a buck to the kickstarter solely to bitch about the project, and Harmony Gold in general.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:15 am

Still a better waste of money than funding potato salad:

http://www.avclub.com/article/please-do ... kst-206584
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:56 am

You wanna lie awake in bed tonight, uncomfortably, think about this.

How many people donating to him have a potato salad fetish, and are donating because a video of a man making potato salad while mentioning their name will arouse them in unspeakable ways?
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Wait. People won't pay $11,000 to see a D20 gamebook based on Peter is the Wolf but they'll pay $42,518 AND COUNTING for someone to make a potato salad?! If I had any faith left in humanity to begin with this would definitely have made me lose the rest of it. Do you have any idea how long it will take for him to read off the names of all 5,205 AND COUNTING backers?

P.S. I had to refresh and update the numbers THREE TIMES while writing this message.
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Postby Happygun » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 am

To be fair, most of those contributors are hipsters - ironically supporting the Kickstarter as a way of protesting it...ironically - so they really don't count as "human" per say.
Happygun

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 pm

And as Kevin Seimbieda pointed out yesterday to me, just trying to put Photographs of himself & the potato salad in the mail, let alone mailing bits of potato salad - if he doesn't cancel this thing, the logistics will bankrupt him.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Ganthan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:05 am

I literally just had a dream that I was surfing the net and constantly seeing references to potato salad. This is going to become the meme that replaces chicken mcnuggets isn't it?
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Ganthan
Hyperspatial cleavage

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.