[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Technology rant...

Technology rant...

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Technology rant...

Postby Queen of Night » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:08 pm

Well that did it, my computer has crashed on me for the LAST EFFIN TIME!!!

I hate this POS I have sooooo, I just purchased a new one for about oh... 2 grand... Yeah, I could have built it cheaper, but I don't have the cash to buy a bunch of parts and I don't have the time to put them together. -_- MEH!!! (Well a large part of that is that I spent a beacoup amount of money for stuff and tickets to the family values concert and a payment to my school)

This couldn't have happened at a better time, my finals are this weekend and I have a concert I've been looking foward to for a while tomarrow... Teh joy! It really sucks cause I lost a bunch of pictures and a 40,000 word story I had been working on for a few months now... *cries*
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby CK01 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:03 am

Moral of the story: Backup, back-up and BACK UP. I'm paranoid, but I do it to DVD-RW every two-weeks, slowly moving less worked on items to straight DVD+R for straight storage.

Assuming you don't pick bad media your safe...

*weeps for lost fetish from 1999 on discolored CDRs*
CK01
Mountain climbing

Funny enough , I can relate

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:55 am

Queen , I can understand completely , right now I am looking to do quite a few tech upgrades to my computer as well .

And as for back-up I completely understand currently I am working on my M.A.M.E. FILES ,and was shocked to learn that the file is 14 GIG in size! :shock:

So as for back up I am going to NEED an external hard drive of some signifigant size currently my emulator and game count is up to about 8,000 games ( alright so i'm a geek :oops: , but one can never have too many games! :P )

Tech upgrades that I have to go through are gonna be murder :( , I have to replace the motherboard on my desk top , replace and "ghost" all 200 gig of info , get about 2 sata hard drives of abot 600 gig each , get 2 new video cards , and eventualy get a faster main cpu ( currently I am running a AMD 64 3400+ ) I need all of this for school as I will be taking classes on useing Lightwave rendering... :shock:

Hopefully I can stay "afloat" to see all of this through... :?

Man "higher education" is an arm and a leg nowadays !
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:37 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:45 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby tyrant » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:16 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Queen of Night » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:17 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

You have better luck than I ,but then again that's not much.

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 am

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby tyrant » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:33 am

tyrant
Overwatch

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:05 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Oh, Queen?

Postby K-MacK » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:19 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:25 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby tyrant » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:18 pm

tyrant
Overwatch

Dell bought...

Postby K-MacK » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 pm

WHAT??? Dell buying Alienware is....perverted. It would be like...Volkswagen buying Rolls-Royce. :lol:
What? They DID? (They actually did, for about a year...) :?
That's the danger...not the Apocalypse, but creeping mediocrity!
Next thing, Apple will run Windows as an O.S. :wink:
Right. It can. :shock:
Amazing how spacious it is under the bed..... :lol:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm

So either way... I would have been screwed...

Alienware was my first choice, Dell was a bit cheaper...
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm

Here, Mack, you dropped your chunk of sky. }:-{D
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:55 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Re: You have better luck than I ,but then again that's not m

Postby tyrant » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:33 pm

tyrant
Overwatch

The touch...why am I stuck with this "superpower"?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:13 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:57 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.