[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Best two falls out of three...

Best two falls out of three...

For those times when you just have to yammer. Use this for posts that don't belong anywhere else.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Best two falls out of three...

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:53 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:39 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby tyrant » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:05 pm

vista actually isn't that bad. it's a lot more stable than xp but that may be because no one is trying to break it....yet.

licensing is never fun to deal with. unfortunately it's a necessary evil. i will say that as unpleasant as it is i have already seen the prices of vista and it's a lot less expensive than xp, even in retail stores. from what i have played around with it vista is basically a preconfigured ntfs system similar to red hat(linux) with a slightly different gui than standard windows. i am interested in seeing how the 64 bit architecture changes the way an o/s multitasks.

if you are looking to upgrade pc's for hosting check into server 2007. it seemed to have a lot fewer stability issues than 2003. plus you may be able to get it early. ok i'm done with my geek ranting.
tyrant
Overwatch

and now you se how we got here...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:39 am

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

yeahrg! ...not lappy!

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:54 pm

Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Queen of Night » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:49 pm

It's the touch in full effect! :D
be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

you win this time queen...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:19 am

Arg! :x

I'm afraid queen's completley right this time , after trying my best to work on the remains of lappy , I have to put the toe-tag on it , it's done...

this is a case of "the touch" in full effect , the damage is far worse than I first thought , it's not just a system 32 problem , the "update" ( microsoft official no less! :shock: ) crushed some video driver files as well.

On a desktop this wouldn't be so bad , as I could always switch out hardware , but on a laptop , it's the kiss of death... :cry:

Left with no other options than to buy another...(grumble , "spit"...) , all I can do now is yank the hard drive , spool off as much data as I can from it , format the drive and use it as a portable H.D. , and procceed to canabalize tha parts.

After I have salvaged as much as I can , I think it's time I took out some agression and frustration , by giving the bugger' a "summary exicution" ( probably using sevral , high calibur , semi (and full) automatic weapons... :twisted:

that , or I could always re-tool my idea for a portable mini-catapult into a "laptop launcher"... :lol:
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby tyrant » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:27 am

time to show what little redeeming value i have. bring it to me and i will have it back to you in a couple of days. we get to see if i am as good as i think i am...
tyrant
Overwatch

Return to W., C., B., B. & M., L.L.C.