[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Fill out your Profiles!

Fill out your Profiles!

When we have to issue new rules for these boards, this is where we do it.

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio

Fill out your Profiles!

Postby bar1scorpio » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:24 pm

It'll be great for some of you to at least mention the country, state and nearest major city that you're from. Might give us a clue as to where more of our fans are, and where we should prepare future con appearances.

Namely, if we find disproportionately large numbers in Cali, we might try Anime Expo, in Chicago, we'll add Anime Central, in Atlanta, we might actually commit to Anime Weekend Atlanta....

I'm already noticing some posters from Canada & the UK, which I find fascinating. ^^
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Caveat: it would take major outlays of money to get me to Britain, and NOTHING would get me to attempt to bring WLP comics with me across the 49th parallel.

I have no desire to lose several boxes of comics, or even possibly get held in a border custody facility, jail or gaol or however it's spelled on whichever side of the line.

Other than that, yeah, how about those profiles?
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Steroid » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:38 pm

Long Island, New York. I've been at Animenext the past 2 years and picked up WLP material at both. New York Otaku Con is trying to establish itself for 2007 on LI. So please come.
Steroid
Feeling strange

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:32 pm

Bumme that I won't be at Anime Next this year, but it falls ont he same weekend as AnthroCon, which is one of my big nugget cons. But I've never been to the NY area... hmm...

And an example of why I like to know where people from, I was just talking last night to a fan opf PitW from Belgium! It's fascinating where these comics are getting out.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Re: Fill out your Profiles!

Postby Rizak the Really Horrible » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Rizak the Really Horrible
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Because it's interesting to show how far things can get from their source via the internet. Remember, guy from Texas, guy from Michigan. And I only go up to Toronto to promote my work about once a year.

So it's cool to find people in other countries, in far away states, who are into all our hard work.
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby CK01 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:07 pm

That's the benefit of the Internet, there may be no one who shares your interests locally, but the Internet makes it generally as easy for you to interact with people across the globe as next door.
CK01
Mountain climbing

Southern California!

Postby K-MacK » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:30 pm

One of the Wonders of the "net" is that Cyberspace is everywhere at the same time, and yet nowhere.....very Zen.
Anyhoo, I've lived here in So.Cal forever....Born here, Educated here (and
in 'Nam), and I'll probably die here.
Face it, where else would loving parents give their child
the name of:
(and please don't spray it);
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Tigarr » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 am

Tigarr
Just getting started

Return to Executive Orders