[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Partial Update, March 31

Partial Update, March 31

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Partial Update, March 31

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:01 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Happygun » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:21 pm

Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby K-MacK » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:01 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:13 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:48 pm

By the way, if you're checking the adult version now and see the April Fool, here's two more tags:

Image Image
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Aticston » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:36 pm

I may be the odd person out on thinking this, but, when you have two pages that update on the same day, general and adult, and you chose just to update the GENERAL one, I bet you piss off a far, far, FAR greater group of people.

This is what, the 5th time general has been updated and adults not? I dunno maybe you have a greater agenda to updateing general first like maybe it gets more donations or whatnot, but can we stop doing this?

Have alternateing days, just the adult portions getting diced way more often then general when it comes down to the crunch on update day.

*EDIT* And not trying to be mean about this at all either, but when a good 95% of your items for purchase on the website are of adult nature, and you update the general comic over the adult one, I don't see the logic in that.
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:55 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Crunch Jackson » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Bah. On this comic, the non-adult content has always been superior to the adult content.

Nothing against anyone's ability to write or draw pr0n, but the general-audiences stuff has a hell of a lot more pop.
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Note: WLP is not currently in talks with any manufacturer of either snack food or breakfast cereal.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:05 pm

We try. Mind you, that the last couple of weeks have been a tad... busier than usual. Given 2 conventions & 2 weekends, plus contract related upheavals at work, and trying to work on other art projects at the same time- I haven't really had much time to deveote to PitW as I'd have liked. Hopefully I can catch up over the next couple weeks, before TekkoshoCon & Penguicon.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Les » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 pm

Have you considered working with a buffer?
Les
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:50 pm

On rare occasions we manage to get one going, but in order to get a buffer one must first get -ahead- of the game.

Right now I'm writing three webcomics and script-editing a fourth (in addition to running WLP), and BAR-1 has PitW, work for Palladium Press and other venues, and a day job to juggle.

Besides, if there were enough slack to build a buffer, we'd likely go to twice-a-week updates.

(And when Ben recovers from his mild coronary after reading that last, we'll continue this discussion... }:-{D )
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Ben, updates and the like;

Postby K-MacK » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:08 pm

Having just seen Bar-1's Livejournal, it may be possible that he'll be attending fewer Con's. It's scary when one segment of the "Fantasy Con group" starts getting hostile to others.
As to the twice a week publication thing, that's easy: The normal page has an average of six panels. Just publish three on Saturday, and three on Wednesday. (DON'T!)
Frankly, the irregular publication doesn't bother me; the story quality is there, and as a writer I know that quality is what counts; not quantity. PiTW has the Quality, and yes; the non-sex pages have a lot more funny sections, but all in all both the Sex and Non-Sex story lines are well done and funny in different ways.
I hope when this comes out in dead-tree format that both pages are included. Are there plans for just a compilation of PiTW stories in their own book, by any chance?
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:32 pm

When the first volume of PitW is released, it will be released in two versions: one without any of the adult pages, and one with both gen-aud and adult pages included.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:12 am

Yeah, thanks for adding to the irony of what i'm about to say with that "recovery" line there, kris... turns out, just as you guys were writing thus- I was in a car accident at my "day job"!

So if my right hand is feeling better, we might have some pages saturday-late. If not, no updates until Tekkoshocon weekend, likely.

I'll livejournal about the accident itself. Suffice to say, it's just bruisintg and some superficial injury to the joint of the thumb and wrist of my right hand. (it really twinges to hit that damned spacebar). And holding a pen has been next to impossible when signing forms.

On the plus side, if you';re really jones'in to get some of my artwork in hand, there's always Palladium Book's issue #38 of the Rifter!
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby beller » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:19 pm

beller
Feeling strange

Postby Crunch Jackson » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Condolences, bar1. Hope you heal up quickly and completely. <:)
Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Ow! , you alright?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:30 am

Sorry to hear that Ben...

I was In the same boat as you late last year ( around the end of September) I almost lost my right hand to a half ton pallet of 18" ceramic tiles at work when it fell , thankfully there was time to dodge and I only ended up dislocating just about every finger joint and breaking my pinky and right ring finger.

To all those who don't know all hand injuries suck HARD, it's damn near imposable to do anything useful with only one hand especially if it's your "primary" hand ( and you can forget about doing just about anything artistic...) untill it heals.

Hope you get better soon... and please don't try anything stupid like I did , like try to draw or sculpt with that busted hand ( at least until you are healed...)

As for "working on a buffer" , well I can understand your stance on that , as sometimes it's sheer hell trying to catch up , let alone trying to work ahead.

Even with the interruption , I am almost always pleased with the progress of this story. ( both sides!)

i would say , keep up the good work , but right now I am more concerned about Ben's well-being , so I definitely won't start asking for an update anytime soon ( No , I won't encourage artistic self-destruction!... :? )
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

thinkety-thinkety-thunk...

Postby K-MacK » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 pm

Y'know, you could rerun the first pages of both PiTW and call it a "Reprise", just to let the noobs get caught up.
Yeah, I know it's there in the Archives...
But it would be something to post...If you just gotta. :roll:

And I hope that Ben's thumb gets better fast, but I also don't want him to overstress it. :shock:

Hell; we'll manage... 8)
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby bar1scorpio » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:21 am

Well, my thumb is operational enough to work a spacebar, and trackball. it just doesn't like pressure, like having to hold onto things tightly, or twisting things (like keys inthe ignition.) Maybe I'll feel better when I wake up, but until then, I did manage to post some finished artwork up on my deviantart.

and my Furnation Homepage

Check out the Laser Mage artwork I did for ' The Rifter #38
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Return to Peter is the Wolf