[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Mating Habits of Werewolves

Mating Habits of Werewolves

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby Lunchbox » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Hey I was wondering, if a male woof can... "spread it" in the special way, can it go in the other direction? Can a female make a human a thrall through... sex? There, I said it :?
Lunchbox
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:38 pm

Yes.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

About Thralls...

Postby K-MacK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:11 pm

O.K..... A female Werewolf can make a human thrall through sex. If she were in her "heat", could she also get pregnant at the same time? Or would it take a male Werewolf to do that? Are non-mutated humans (Smoothskins) fertile with Were's?
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:27 pm

For what very little difference it makes, yes, a human male can impregnate a fertile female werewolf just as a male werewolf could. By birth, though, both parents would be werewolves (presuming the pack let either or both parents live to birth).

For that matter, different weres are also cross-fertile. This does not result in mixed breeds in most cases (although it rarely happens in mixes of various werecanines or werefelines). Male offspring of a mix are invariably the were type of the father; female offspring tend to favor the mother's type by roughly 2 to 1. Such mixed relationships, however, are very, very rare indeed, so this information may be regarded as more legend than statistics.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Lunchbox » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:32 pm

Lunchbox
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Gildedtongue » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:11 am

Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

Postby Zhanael » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Zhanael
Feeling strange

Mating vs. Mating

Postby K-MacK » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:37 pm

It's possible that while a Fox and a Wolf can't mate for Offspring, remember, Werewolves aren't Wolves, and WereFoxen aren't Foxes. In nature, Foxes are closer to Cats than to Canids, just as Cheetahs are closer to Canids than Felids.
I suspect that there is a factor staring us in the face that we aren't seeing; Were-WOLVES are Humans that shift into a Lupus form. If that applied to Were-FOXES...you'd still have the Human factor controlling the fertility. I recall Kris writing that the "Were-Factor" can't be found by Medical testing...Possibly because folks aren't looking in the right place OR because there is more than one factor involved in being "Were-'". If that's the case, the fertility-determinant is the Human, not the "Other" form.
And then there's "Reproductive Behaviour" just because it feels so good... See? I kept the "naughty" words out.. :twisted:
But some crosses are just too plain Wierd...... Were-Turtles? Were-Pigs? Were-Chihuauas? Eyukkkk!
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:19 pm

Various crosses of felines (not were) are well-documented, the most common being housecat-bobcat hybrids. Lion-tiger hybrids have been created in captivity.

There is serious speculation that the "red wolf" of North America is merely a persistent hybrid of the gray wolf and the coyote.

Technically foxes are vulpids, not canids- the overall order of animals is called Canidae, but foxes and wolves/dogs are different families.

A male dog and a female cat cannot produce offspring, even were they physically compatible. Likewise, a male werewolf and a female werelioness would not produce a werewolf-werelioness hybrid; any offspring would be either werewolf or werelioness, with little or no apparent heredity from the opposing parent. A werewolf-werecoyote mix MIGHT produce a hybrid, but usually won't; likewise, a werelion-weretiger mix MIGHT produce a hybrid, but probably won't. Only a couple of confirmed hybrid weresomething-wereanythings have ever been recorded in the Lore.

Finally, there's no such thing as werepigs, wereturtles, wereJohnson'sgazelles, etc. etc. etc. As a general rule, weres tend to be apex predators, or close to it, for the habitat of their origin. (The main exception being wererats, who would argue that rats are the apex predator of anything, anywhere.) Werebears are generally brown bears- grizzlies, Kodiaks, etc, not the black bears of the southeastern USA. If there are any were-polar bears, they have bever interacted with human society.

Is that clear?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Zhanael » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:39 am

Zhanael
Feeling strange

Postby Gildedtongue » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:08 pm

If I recall my biology classes, genetically, foxes are closer to cats than they are to dogs. Not close enough to cross breed, but closer none the less.
Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

Peter's pack dying out? HA!

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue May 16, 2006 8:24 pm

O.K. this is to qwell the ideas (i.e. misconceptions ) of the pack mentality. I am a half-blood native american ( sometimes called in the derogatory half-breed.) I can understand Peter's state of mind and place in pack, my tribe currently only has about 500 members (some archeology majors at L.S.U.S. consider us to be an endangered species...foolish sudents...)lets just say for genetic purposees outside of of the unusual no relationshp we dont breed in tribe. Currently I am one of the tribes few desireable males needless to say this puts me square in the cross-hirs of the tribal women :shock: not always to my favor let me tell you... Normaly we breed with other tribes me being a "half-breed" places equal amounts of distain on me to find a "good woman" (let alone my last choice in girl friends...I'll never hear the end of that one...jeez... :| ) normaly we look at outer racial breeding to be silently frowned-upon. (not my opinion in the slightest i preffer other women for the most part) My place in the tribe would be rather plain if not for my bloodline's link to the highest tribal nobility , this in-turn has lead me to find my on place in the world , let alone in the tribe,and I think Peter i s roughly in the same boat as me we are just trying to make i through our lives without relinquishing freedom or fun... :wink:
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby BavarianEagle » Tue May 16, 2006 9:55 pm

BavarianEagle
Feeling strange

Postby Queen of Night » Sat May 20, 2006 10:58 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 20, 2006 11:15 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Queen of Night » Sat May 20, 2006 11:57 pm

be my DA gallery...
Queen of Night
Mountain climbing

One wonders...

Postby K-MacK » Mon May 22, 2006 11:03 pm

In PitW, how much behaviour is Wolf-based, and how much Human-based, I wonder?
There seems to be a definite feeling of "alien-ness" in the inter-personals in this week's General side...good.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon May 22, 2006 11:22 pm

That's a difficult question to answer, especially since it's tough to tell where the human and wolf instincts and social patterns diverge. There are some serious overlaps.

In the case of this week's gen-aud page, Sally is being forced to go against one of her personal beliefs; don't make your male look weak by disagreeing with him in public. Meanwhile, Cramer is countering all the teasing she's had to take from Jean the past few pages- basically a don't-mess-with-me warning. Solidarity with one's mate and growling warnings are things associated with both canines and primates.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

what peaks my intrest...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm

i love the current cast and all but I would like to know a little more about jean's parents and a few others not yet covered in the story arc ( but I have some doubt on "the poodle twins" :lol: )
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby webkilla » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:20 am

webkilla
Sweater stretching

Postby bigwuff » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:40 am

Hi All..
Whooo.. long topic to read.

Ok - from what I understand here..

There are two ways for a werewolf to continue his/her genetic line.

1. To mate with another werewolf of the opposite sex and produce offspring that way

2. To mate/bite/trasmit the lycanthropy virus into a human and thus make a Thrall.

Both ways work. However once a Thrall is created is there any difference between a Thrall and a Werewolf after the initial transformations.

With interacting with say a Werelion or Werefox - one still has the virus area here - and a werewolf is either immune to other variant (fox/lion etc) of the virus or is his/her own virus strong enought to over power any of the invading virus.

Otherwise a werewolf can share bodily fluids with a werefox - and if the werefoxes virus is stronger or more potent then the werewolf might become a werefox. Or visa versa.

------------------------------------------------------

With sexuality - seems like there would be gay and lesbian werewolves in other locations in the world where the were societal pressures would not be so intense. Its has been proved that homosexuality is present in most species and with common scientfiic theory indicating that it more of a genetic rather than a cultural creation.
Sure there are the 'flamers' but a gay werewolf could just keep a low profile in the pack without their sexuality being too apparent.

-------------------------------------------------------

Be interested to see the answers to the above.

I have been interested in werewolves for a long time and have read a bit about the legends.

Take Care

Da Wuff
bigwuff
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:30 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bigwuff » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi Kris.

Ok - so the Lycantropy factor is an enzyme <nods> some schools of thought is that it might be a virus as a virus contains DNA/RNA for reworking the cells transformation aspect. I tend to view things along a more science orientated vector.

In one of the first comics Peter mentioned that he could shift back to human form during a full moon if he is calm. Is that also the case with Thralls? once they can control their instincts.

My comments on sexuality was in regards to the mention that the US werewolves grew up in a society where the viewpoint "Homosexuality is a Disease". Plus being exposed to some of the more radial expressions of gayness..
So I was suggesting that in other cultures that pressure might not be there. I know from my own experiences with my sexuality that most people do even know I am gay until I am asked so a werewolf could easily do the same, and still have a place in a pack for the other skills he can offer.
Just my viewpoint from a few years of observation :)

Da Wuff
bigwuff
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:30 pm

Repeating: once thralls are trained to control their instincts (if they live so long), they are no different from any born werewolf.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Peter is the Wolf