[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Mating Habits of Werewolves

Mating Habits of Werewolves

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Postby manx » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm

On regards to Petes mother getting pregnant, the question I have is this: How would Peter be treated by his own mother?

And also I have a question, what is the info on incest mating within packs? Just curious is all thanks.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Incest... hmm...

Mating within packs by wolfs not closely related is perfectly okay. Intermarriage between clans of long history is remarked upon (and Peter's short stature has been attributed to inbreeding between the Stubbes and Walds on occasion).

Sex between siblings and cousins happens sometimes, but is frowned upon; permanent matings between same are prohibited.

Parent-child matings were frowned upon even in the Bad Old Days, when the strong could do as they pleased. Today they're prohibited with prejudice. Even a fully consensual pairing with care taken to prevent reproduction will result in social ostracism and possible forced exile if discovered; an abusive or coercive relationship, if proven conclusively, invariably means death for the abuser. (Werewolves do not bother with a Sexual Offenders Registry.)

As for Sally, Peter's moving out soon, so how Sally treats him is of minor concern. She won't shun him or belittle him, but she really doesn't expect much of him. If and when she has another child, that child will get most of her attention- Peter no longer needs it.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby manx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:29 am

manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:30 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby manx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:03 pm

manx
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:54 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby webkilla » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:37 am

i think what manx is trying to ask about is what kinds of kinks and whatnot are yonder werewolves into?

webkilla
Sweater stretching

Postby manx » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:14 am

yeah, thats it! i was trying to keep it out of the gutter quite badly, but I guess I was doing such a clueless job. but yes, like basically what isnt wierd for them and what is.
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Psychology of loup garou ?

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:02 pm

Ah. Now we hit a truely intresting question , but perchance both Kris , AND Webkilla are right on this topic ...
What I mean to say is this , I think we should host this topic on both sides of the forum ,for diversity's sake.
The hang ups and true psychology on this forum ,and the "ahem"... "Baskin Robin's" side of this disscussion on the PrOn channel as not to inhibit any speech and content of questions and answers on this topic.
Sure I'll be the first to admit keeping up may be a bit of a chore :roll: ,but this allows for open minded / open hearted disscussion on the matter than meerly speaking in inuendo and cant...

Just a random thought... :)
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby webkilla » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 pm

webkilla
Sweater stretching

Postby Kris@WLP » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:10 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby manx » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:33 pm

manx
Huge tracts o'land

Dioxyrhybonuecleic acid ?... , thats a mouthfull...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:04 am

Ok , Im gonna step back and try to anser bigwuff's question here ...

If perchance there is somthing to the "enzyme-theory" , then what acts as the "carrier-agent" would best be described as a Retrovirus IE ; a genetic level catylist that inexorably alters the double helix makeup of the DNA / RNA. ( dunno in this case wich is altered and to what major sense IE ; are they more "geneticaly in tune"with lupine or homosapian genetic material ? )

If that is the case , then the retrovirus is altering the adnine , thynine ,guanine , and cytocine of the base recipient .

In an abriviation it is altering , not just the DNA , but the base structure of the building blocks of the DNA itself or the ATGC makeup of the creature it has "infected" ( I use this term with a little trepidation , in the sense that the base recipent is not truly "infected" , rather the retrovirus has fused and altered the base genetic makeup or the host , to create a "new and different species" alltogether...)

In such a case , in all technicality the end result of the original species is almost removed entirely to change and form into a species shareing almost all of the traits of both genetic donors (Yet another term I use with some caution , as the end result could be another species yet unrelated to lupine or homosapien origin alltogether , as a retrovirus has the ability to change the "building-blocks" neucleus data on a chemical composition standpoint , theoreticaly making new DNA chains as of yet unseen by the human eye , and therefore cmompletely undocumented...)

This is merely a hypothisis , mind you and ultimatly the writer has carte blanche on a final decision.

Wow , even more controll oriented than something that alters the base-line genetic makeup of a lifeform , ...Now THAT'S POWER!
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Postby Happygun » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:48 am

This thread yanked me out of the land of lurk.

Those favoring the scientific explanation of Lycanthropy are, for lack of a better word, idiots. First, the change from human to werewolf (and back) entails the creation (and destruction) of matter/energy - something even a junior high school student will tell you is patently impossible. Sure, you could suggest it taps into some unknown source of energy or exploits some undiscovered quirk of the universe – some quantum loophole that allows matter to come into being from nothing - but that's close enough to magic as far as I'm concerned.

Second of all, even if you ignore the massive physiological stress inherent in the transition as well as the insane speed at which it occurs, changing the base pair sequence of a subject’s chromosome isn’t enough. Many genes are regulated on an epigenetic level, i.e., methylation/acetylation of chromotin, siRNA and miRNA, and much more. Epigenetic traits are not inherited via DNA; they are passed along from cell to cell in an indirect fashion (e.g. if DNA sequence A is methylated on cell, its daughter cells will also be hemi-methylated and thus be targeted for full methylation later on; this is partially how cell differentiation functions). Also, retroviruses only target specific cells with specific marker proteins at specific nucleotide sequences (that’s why HIV – the virus responsible for AIDS - only affects T cells). Even multiple variant strains wouldn’t be capable of affecting all the cells in the body so specifically. Make no mistake; retroviruses are capable of some pretty amazing things, but nothing even close to Lycanthropy.

If I were forced to settle on a biological basis for Lycanthropy, I’d hypothesize an endocellular symbiot – some kind of bacteria that evolved to infiltrate and function in human cells much like the ancestors of mitochrondria and chloroplasts. An endosymbiot could manufacture, protect, and manage the slew of enzymes and ribozymes necessary for the transformation and act as a suitable vector for Lycanthropy. I still think the endosymbiot would have to “cheat” though magic to achieve the results as seen on Peter Is the Wolf, though. This isn’t that absurd when you think about it. A magic sword, for instance, is still a physical object that must cut its target to achieve the desired effect; it obeys the spirit of the laws of physics rather that the letter.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Off subject, yet oddly on subject...

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Too bad none of you folks watched the Science channel; there was a show called "Most of our universe is missing" that goes into detail about the fact that this universe is made up of Majority "Dark" matter and "Dark" Energy.
Now, in Physics, the word "Dark" is used to indicate "We know it's there...we just don't know what it is or does".
Hence: The Conservation of matter/energy law isn't violated necessarily if you Factor in this so-called "Dark Matter/Dark Energy". They simply become the Power source and the Warehouse.
Physics is getting wierder and wierder, and I'm unlucky enough to be able to follow both the explanations and Physics with specific education, as well as being able to understand the Tensors that are used to explain it. Right now...there really isn't much that is out-of-the question...including Fairies and Werewolves...until we find out just what this unknown Matter and Energy are capable of. One thing sure: this Wierd Universe just got a whole lot wierder.
On the Whole, Werewolves etc. are just too unlikely a critter to exist, being too complex an organism to be successful. But then there's the damn Coelocanth, that shoulda' gone extinct nearly 300 million years ago, but didn't (didn't get the Memo).
Right now...as a rule...nobody at Caltech is making any "solid and unrefutable" statements about matter and energy...and that scares me like you wouldn't believe! There's something up, and it isn't the old dependable like I and my friends are used to.
Per my old Physics Prof. "Don't rule anything out" and "We don't know as much as we used to".
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Theorys ahoy...

Postby Wizard_of_odd » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Ah exelent , two equaly valid points , and two equaly intelegent hypothisis!

I must say I'm rather exicted at the prospect of further inspired conversations... :)

As for public opinion on said hypothisis , I think MST3K put it best , "repeat to myself ,it's just a show ,i should breathe and just relax..." :wink:

All the theorys in the world matter not , if we can prove nothing conclusively... :?

So , get some pop-corn , pull up a chair , sit back , and enjouy the show , I say ! :lol:

and as for explanations , I dont realy favor science or superstition , I always preffer to take in ALL viewpoints and prospects , in the effort to find out the truth... :wink:

Now, where is Prof Milo T. Pinkerton the 3rd ? , I'm pretty sure he would have quite a few words to say about this matter , for sure... :)

Also as an aside , I fear we may end up cluttering ths thread with theorys and hypothisis so I'm going to start a new thread on this subject... look for it soon , it's title will be "scientific theory" .
Last edited by Wizard_of_odd on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wizard_of_odd
Mountain climbing

Re: Theorys ahoy...

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:32 pm

[All the theorys in the world matter not , if we can prove nothing conclusively... :?

So , get some pop-corn , pull up a chair , sit back , and enjouy the show , I say ! :lol:
[/quote]
Absolutely! But you can see what has my old Physics buddies so upset: their nice neat relativistic universe is threatened! :lol:
Indeed...I shall enjoy the show! :wink:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby manx » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:39 pm

Kyllein, people like you are oh so fun to watch. Why? Because people like you disturb other people, and the spectators (me) always end up enjoying the chaos.

But seriously, you guys are confusing me... o.O
manx
Huge tracts o'land

Re: Off subject, yet oddly on subject...

Postby Happygun » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:01 pm

(Moved to scientific theories thread)
Happygun

Really, now,

Postby K-MacK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:10 pm

Really...It's not that I like to disturb other People: it's that I like to get them thinking about the story, and contributing their ideas to the story. That enriches the story for everybody. :D
It also eases the "suspension of dis-belief" because they already have an investment in the story.
Peter is the Wolf is a really unique story: where Werewolves are usually either the "Heavies" or "bad-guys", Kris has come upon the idea of Were's that are for the most part "Just like everyone else"...except they have this little secret. 8)
That is pretty unique in the Fantasy genre...and since the only other non-angsty Werewolf story I've seen is the lamentable "Teen Wolf",and quite selfishly, I'm trying to keep people interested in the story. It has HUGE potentials...if it lives long enough.
Baseline: I like to make people think...not to disturb them...altho'... :twisted:
KMacK...
K-MacK

Previous

Return to Peter is the Wolf