[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Can werewolves have scars?

Can werewolves have scars?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Can werewolves have scars?

Postby IriCo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi there.
i just finished the comic and registered here. And it is one of the best i have seen so far. (please don`t mind my english. can`t use it often :( )
very funny and well drawn. (little animals die when my drawings are shown to them)

Now my question. Werewolves have those healing abbilities. Can there be anny scars left after a fight or from surgery? maybe possible when they get older?
(like those from Constantin Nero. look like shootwounds and one from a heart operation)
________
Last edited by IriCo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
IriCo
Just getting started

Postby Lunchbox » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure the only way they can retain scars is if they are cut by another weresomething.
Lunchbox
Button popping

Postby IriCo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:10 pm

I thought so. but you can see marks from stitches (right word?) at the one that looks like from an heart op. well, i think it looks like that.
________
Last edited by IriCo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
IriCo
Just getting started

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:05 am

Occasionally there is a need to practice surgery on lycanthropes.

This is done with silver (or at least silver-plated) instruments.

Also, major burns can leave permanent scars.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby IriCo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:10 am

oh. silver instruments. i should have thought of that.
so things like misstreating their own body (eating every meal at mc donalds) or an heart attack can get them down?
They can only heal wounds from outter force?
________
Last edited by IriCo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
IriCo
Just getting started

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:28 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Happygun » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:22 pm

I'm guessing more than a few of the sasquatch/bigfoot sightings can be attributed to retiree werewolves.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby RBrigham » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:18 pm

RBrigham
Mountain climbing

Postby K-MacK » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:24 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK

Postby Spiritbw » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:13 am

Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Postby K-MacK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:04 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby wysiwyg » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Then there are the emotional scars.

Poor, poor Rebecca. :cry:
wysiwyg
Button popping

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Try checking out the WLP Wikis... Apparently, being a 'traditional' werewolf comes complete with complimentary Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Interesting comment; which wiki article in particular inspired it?
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Scar me nice?

Postby Timberwolfer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:39 am

Depending on which legends you listen to, in the human form, regenerative powers are pretty much gone. They may be a little faster, a little more accute sense of smell, but in human form, they're pretty much just that.

At least that's my guess on the scarring. Remember too, if you cut bad enough, doesn't really matter how fast it heals, it will scar. At least that's what the hole in my leg keeps telling me...
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Re: Scar me nice?

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:57 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby K-MacK » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:59 pm

KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Spiritbw » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:52 am

Spiritbw
Bodice ripping

Silver silver stabby silver

Postby Timberwolfer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:32 am

I'm thinking that an alloy wouldn't work, it's a mystic resonance or something simillar in most legends.

Think about it, cold iron can hurt the fae, but not iron that's been hot forged?

A plating of silver, even a deep one would be likely to flake off over time, but I don't think you need to have a solid silver instrument as that would be weaker than would be needed, especially if you get into bonesaws and the like. Also it's more an issue of the silver being the thing in contact.

Alloying more or less creates a new metal with different properties, loosing the essence of the old... Ok, no more trying to think science after watching Consortium Of Genius...
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Re: Silver silver stabby silver

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:37 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Timberwolfer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:05 pm

You've got me on two major points, though I'll stick to them.

Werewolves aren't fae, you're correct, I was using that as an analogy, an imperfect one to be sure, but best I could come up with.

As to the plating? True, it doesn't need to last long, but can you imagine how much more it would hurt if it flakes off inside the werewolf?

Perhaps normal surgical insturments could be used, they would be less effective I'd imagine, but still work.

Here's a question, are the powers a unconcious or concious thing, meaning would a werewolf that's out cold heal as quickly as one that's still concious?
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Postby kitwulfen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:17 pm

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.
kitwulfen
Button popping

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:48 am

Timberwolfer
Button popping

Opinions

Postby K-MacK » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Actually, if you take a look at what's on a surgical tray, you'll find that most of the items are already plated with something. Hasn't caused any problems yet, and probably never will.
Next- you really don't need to have everything used silver plated or solid silver; just the retractors (think C-clamp in reverse, to hold things open-not together: those would be silver (Plated or solid). The Hemostats (tweezers with attitude) could be plain stainless steel, as could the probes, scissors, the scalpels as well. Most of the Surgical tools could be the same stuff as is used on everyone else, the only things that would need to be silver would be the things that held the surgical wound site open and were intended to remove things. Everything else could be plain-jane stainless/chrome plated.
Any surgeon would love a Werewolf as a patient! Imagine not having to suture blood vessles back together perfectly-just touch the ends together and hold for a second- sealed and healed! Ditto the muscles; although care would have to be exercised to get them exactly back together, fiber for fiber, for best motion and healing.
Since the greatest danger is after the surgery, the Were's healing capacity would be a good thing there, as well.
The Werewolf would be (A) in Smoothskin, which slows the healing factors somewhat; helping the surgeon (B) Anaesthetized: which further slows bodily functions (Nitrous Oxide comes to mind). (C) full of Wolfsbane, further keeping the Shift from happening and messing things up.
This all leads to the probability that somewhere in the State of Befuddlement, where Genericville is located; there is a general surgeon that specializes in "special cases", along with a "specialized team" to treat certain fuzzy people who don't exist. The hospital facilities could be normal: most nurses follow the doctor's directions exactly, and if certain "Vitamins plus WB" are prescribed every six hours or so, the patient would get them.
It seems that it's the Knowledge, rather than the Instruments, are the thing of need here; and Silver would play a very low-grade part in such surgery. The knowledge of how to keep a Werewolf from shifting is what's important; not the instruments.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Timberwolfer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:28 pm

There's a problem with that logic though, the actual cuts themselves would likely heal too quickly to be pulled back, also wouldn't the skin still try to heal over this gapeing hole?

That aside though, you're right about the drugs and the like, but wouldn't Dr. Able (sic?) be the one they'd turn to, after all he's already in on the secret of thier existence being a kitsune and the one that gave Sarah her exam.
Timberwolfer
Button popping

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf