[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update, April 1

Update, April 1

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update, April 1

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:34 am

Without comment.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:14 am

This better not be an April Fools'...

Oh, it wasn't. Goodo.

I think just about everyone called that... again, it's worth saying that for 12 feet of werewolf type destruction, Sarah pulls off cute very well.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Peter looks awfully skinny in this page. He did a right choice of clothe when he buys this coat. Anyway, Peter save his and Sarah's lifes very fast and without that much effort. Congradulation!

For what happen in the general section; Walt is pathetic. He refuse to admit that he has his part of responsability in this affair. Beside did you notice that Walt seem worry more about Sarah that his own son. I think that this said a lot about familial relationship.

The look of Gus in the third panel worry me even more. He has a bad idea and the fact that he ask is someone else could train her make me fear about what is the stronger; his fear of Sarah or his Libido? I shudder at the idea that he want them both alive but not together. In his skull it could be Peter with Rebecca and the tamed Sarah for him.

Last notice, Jack Goodwin is weirdly drawed in the last panel and Constatine Nero doesn't seem like in his previous appearrances too. At least, Rebecca seem sincerely worried. She seem love more Peter that she want show it.

Pas mauvais du tout, ce poisson d'avril. :lol:

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:00 pm

No, the update itself wasn't the April Fool's. I'm wondering if anyone even noticed the AF message (besides one emailer).

Gus wasn't the one asking about training. That was Jack, over at the far right. Gus's line was an addition by Ben, not in the original script.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Catherine_Puce » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:56 pm

Sorry for that, but they appear the same day for me and there was no update place for the comic itself so I assumed that this topic was for both. Next time, please be more specific, add a comment. :-P Beside my comment about the poison d'avril was in my french signature because I had nothing to said about that who worth to be shared. It seemed to me more a disguised way to show how much the USA government can sink low. Sorry, I finded it funny and educatif but I didn't find anything to talk about it.

Suis-je assez clair maintenant?

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:28 pm

Yup, I saw the April Fools' - fortunately unlike someone at Manic's yahoo group, I was capable of scrolling to the bottom of the page.

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:48 pm

Unfortunately, to me "poisson" only means "fish," and the rest of the sentence is completely meaningless. My second language is Spanish, and what very little French I can read comes of either Spanish or Latin shared words.

But I'm glad someone at least noticed and got the message.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

April Fool's and hard feelings...

Postby K-MacK » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah...it's always a good idea to scroll to the bottom of the page. What's scairy (Scary?) is the possibility something like that could happen.....still, Kudos to Kris and all involved for a really good April Fool's day joke. Now, where did I put my Nitroglycerine pills?.........
In the adult section, Peter says in effect "Good, no hard feelings..." It appears that when in her twelve foot were'-form, Sarah really loves Petey, even when she's suffocating him between her two enormous "Personalities". No problems: weres are tough, hard to kill.
What's really gonna be interesting is when she asks Peter: "As a Twelve foot werewolf, does my butt look big?" What'll Petey say?
Anyway...Great April Fools day prank! Bravo!
KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby CK01 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:07 pm

CK01
Mountain climbing

Postby Gildedtongue » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:29 pm

Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

Postby Crunch Jackson » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:16 am

Crunch Jackson
Huge tracts o'land

Ohhh, boy...

Postby K-MacK » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Is it just me, or does anybody else get cold tingly feelings about what Gus is saying in the "Office-Safe" version of the story? "Somebody else to train her"? That, and the distinctly "scheming" look on his face in the right hand middle panel...don't bode well for Sarah. If he had Sarah under his control, he'd be Alpha through simple terror and intimidation of the rest of the pack; and I suspect that the Sheriff would be dead, and Rebecca would either be his Lieutenant...or a slave like all the rest of the females in the pack. He is not even remotely a "nice" guy....and I suspect that Peter would also meet with an unpleasant end, if Gus gets his way; unless he gives Peter to Rebecca as a "Play-toy"... And Walt is avoiding his responsibilities, again, by blaming it all on Peter. Hmmmm... Jean is looking distinctly worried about something, and I don't think it's about Sarah...
Nice twist, there.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:33 pm

Repeating: that part about "who trains?" GUS DID NOT SAY THAT.

THAT WAS JACK.

Dammit, if this confusion continues I'll have to do an edit.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Who Trains?

Postby K-MacK » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:27 am

Kris, take a good look at where that word baloon terminates. Right in the middle of Gus' chest. Yeah, Jack has his mouth open...but nothing appears to be coming out.
Simple enough...the "baloon" slipped when it was being put on the scanner, it's happened to a lot of other cartoonists.
But please, don't get upset...it was a mechanical error, nothing else.
No, it didn't make sense to me either; since Gus isn't very popular with the pack since his wife "disappeared". But that word baloon was pointed right at Gus, not Jack.
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:18 am

The pointer ends at Gus's chest, but it also points towards Jack. What's more, Gus has a -separate- word balloon pointing to his face, with an unconnected speech.

Ben, obviously this needs a redo.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Re: Ohhh, boy...

Postby Catherine_Puce » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:12 am

Catherine_Puce
Huge tracts o'land

Postby bar1scorpio » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:08 am

on completely unrelated note, is anyone here a fan of Cadfael like me? He's kind of a medeival Columbo.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby ProphetTenebrae » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:34 am

And for anyone that has played TES4: Oblivion he looks SUSPICIOUSLY like Jauffre.

I remember that show was on when I was about 13-14?

Now I'm just imagining him say "Just one more thing for my abbot..."

ProphetTenebrae
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:48 am

Cadfael is off-topic for PitW, and I'm currently in a bad mood.

There's an off-topic board for stuff like this. I suggest you use it.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Return to Peter is the Wolf