[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Update?

Update?

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Update?

Postby guest » Mon May 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Where is the april 29 PITW update?

Postby Aticston » Mon May 01, 2006 10:31 pm

Yeah he is late. He said Sunday, it now being Monday near midnight and still no update.

$5 says he pushs this weeks update to next saturday and takes the week off
Aticston
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Eldwardo » Tue May 02, 2006 2:04 pm

Eldwardo
Just getting started

Postby Gildedtongue » Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

So, Get better!

Postby K-MacK » Tue May 02, 2006 10:22 pm

KMacK...
"You don't have to be invisible when everybody is looking the wrong way..."
Writing the series "Wulfen Blood"... getting ready for publication.
K-MacK
Violating the law of gravity

Postby Gildedtongue » Tue May 02, 2006 11:21 pm

Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

Postby Aticston » Wed May 03, 2006 7:30 am

Aticston
Button popping

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 03, 2006 8:02 am

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Odd Thing...

Postby K-MacK » Wed May 03, 2006 2:56 pm

I totally sympathize with you. Back in the 70's and 80's when I was working Cons as Tech, you could count on lots of Vendors getting sick; usually on the last day during the closing hours.
Consider, though: Vendors have the greatest exposure to the largest number of people for the longest amount of time. If it's transmissable, they are likely to get it.
Opposite side: Tech's, and later my Tech crews were the least likely to get the crud: We were too busy, were usually away from everybody else, and developed the habit of avoiding Conventioners because we were usually going somewhere at a rush and no, couldn't stop to talk, but yes that's a nice costume now goodbye (it became a stock phrase).
At least it doesn't sound like Legionaire's disease...likely just a too friendly virus.
A word: rest! again, REST! Any Viral disease is like running a marathon carrying a heavy pack: it exhausts you like you couldn't believe. You'll be feeling it for weeks, probably (no joke..weeks!)
My S.O. at the time was into heavy costume, and she included a Dust mask over her nose and mouth whenever possible under her mask/appliance. Result, she didn't get sick. Vendors can't do that, unfortunately.
So...get better. Take it easy at least until you've been symptom free for a couple of days, and watch out for secondary infections.
We, your readers, can wait...
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 03, 2006 3:34 pm

Actually, you want to hear something ironic?

See, I wanted to get at least one better-than-home-cooked meal before going home. (My grandmother, who refuses to relinquish the kitchen at 89, boils veggies down to a consistency you could drink from a glass. Blech.) Therefore, on the way home, I stopped at a Chinese restaurant in Humble and ordered a plate of cashew chicken. I noted, at the time, that the broccoli they included with it was undercooked, maybe even -uncooked-. They said it was because they mostly did delivery, and on deliveries the broccoli cooked in the plastic container.

Anyway, as usual for my Chinese experience, the money bought me two meals' worth of food. I took the uneaten portion of it home with me- an hour and a half drive, then into fridge- and microwaved it next afternoon and had it for supper. The first major symptoms of intestinal distress hit about four hours after eating the leftovers.

There are way too many possibilities to definitely identify a single cause, but that damn uncooked broccoli in that cashew chicken is my prime suspect... especially since the cashews are STILL working their way out of me.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby mf_napalm » Wed May 03, 2006 4:57 pm

That could explain a few things.

Undercooked=great satan. Besides, the last thing you need after a long weekend at a con is cheap and fast..... kinda like my ex, oddly enough :twisted:
mf_napalm
Just getting started

Postby guest » Wed May 03, 2006 5:35 pm

I was just wondering when the update was coming. "get well"

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 03, 2006 11:10 pm

OK- very tired, going to bed. CM, CC, Stellar update tomorrow morning.

PitW update Saturday; got the pages today, but BAR-1 is out the door to a con, so there won't be a Saturday update unless I hold these for then.

I'll be well as soon as I stop sweating in a cold room...
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Chinese Food...

Postby K-MacK » Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 pm

Firstoff: Sweat = Good! Your body's getting rid of the pathogens. Next...
This was learned the hard way: Patronize local chinese food...but if it doesn't look right, put it back & make them re-do it. That "Chicken" could have been sitting in a warming tray (bacterial health-club) for quite a while before it was quick-cooked to make Cashew chicken. Ptomaine ain't big toe athlete's foot. Your symptoms begin to sound like food poisoning to me. Guess what: Mikey-waves don't do squat about sterilizition: they're too fast! Toast, Mint tea, more toast will help best. The undigested cashews are a clue. Did anything taste the least bit "soapy"?. Bread, tea, and Milk of Magnesia (antacid doses) will help best to calm things down and get your digestion on track. BTW, my introduction to chinese food-poisoning was Kung-Pao chicken: you were lucky!
Get well, take it easy. And don't eat anything that isn't cooked fully, or doesn't seem "right".
Oh, and welcome to the Travellers Distress club...
KMacK...
K-MacK

Postby Gildedtongue » Thu May 04, 2006 12:09 pm

Cons are usually always a cesspool for disease. Got hundreds of unwashed fanbois running around, coughing and touching hands, then you cram in as many people as humanly possible into a room and let chaos reign. Result? A micro recreation of London during the Plague.

And, yes. Foods that don't seem quite right usually are. You might get dirty looks sending things back, but usually your body will be avoiding dirty things if things are cooked properly. All else fails, take the food home and recook it yourself. You might end up destroying the taste, but usually your belly will be avoiding pathogens.

Sweat and fevers breaking is definately a good thing as it's the road to recovery. Keep up the electrolytes and salt in your body. I'd recomend Chicken Flavoured Ramen noodles. Plenty of salts and fluids, and noodles for taste.
Gildedtongue
Sweater stretching

Postby Steroid » Thu May 04, 2006 7:12 pm

Maybe in an attempt to be more Japanese, con-goers should wear the surgical mask.
Steroid
Feeling strange

Return to Peter is the Wolf