[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - The Peter is the Wolf entry on Wikipedia!

The Peter is the Wolf entry on Wikipedia!

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

The Peter is the Wolf entry on Wikipedia!

Postby UberMan5000 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:06 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Is_the_Wolf

Here's an article I wrote for Wikipedia about Peter Is the Wolf. It's part of the Wikiproject Webcomics.

Any input you could give would be great, such as adding pictures and additional information that I don't have (maybe add the bit about mating rituals :wink:), expanding the information, and keeping it updated so that I don't constantly have to stay on top of it.
UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue May 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Oh, my, I have a LOT of editing to do. I'm going to leave up the spoilers for now, but here are the factual errors I'm going to correct:

The plan to have parallel adults-only and general-audience pages was from the inception of the comic. It merely took a while for differences between the two to become apparent.

Although the word "thrall" comes from an old word for slave, Sarah is not Peter's slave- merely a "created" werewolf Peter is responsible for.

Sarah is holding Butch Cramer's throat at the end of their fight- holding it, not biting down. Further, it's not secondary infection of lycanthropy that kills in this situation; wounds caused by werewolf fangs or claws don't heal rapidly in the same fashion most other wounds do.

Gus doesn't "come to blows" with anyone; no punches are thrown, bites inflicted, etc.

Sarah wasn't enraged at Con, she was terrified.

Butch Cramer has not given up on Peter.

Most of the pack is not aware of the existence of the capture squads; for whatever reason, they only appear to bedevil Peter.

Thanks for the entry, though; I didn't post it directly to Wikipedia myself because I felt that, if it were important enough for it to be on Wikipedia, someone else would start a post. Now that someone has, I can fix the factual errors.
Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby UberMan5000 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:25 pm

Last edited by UberMan5000 on Wed May 17, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Wed May 17, 2006 3:42 pm

www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby bar1scorpio » Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 pm

"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby Kris@WLP » Sat May 20, 2006 7:56 pm

I'm going to have to sit down and write up Gus Cramer tonight for the WikiWLP, it appears.

Uberman5000, you need to be more careful about jumping to conclusions. Nancy Vulthar was never married to Gus Cramer.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby UberMan5000 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:07 am

I guess information is more valuable than I make it out to be. :oops: I really need to learn all the facts before I commit to them. I guess Cramer didn't seem like that much of a kook from what I had seen and read up to then.
UberMan5000
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Loki » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:42 pm

Well, if WikiPedia leaves it up. They're notorious for deleting stuff like this, despite the number of fans. The only ones I've seen are the "Mainstream Webcomics" (which is an oxymoron if you ask me) such as Sinfest, Penny-Arcade, CTRL+ALT+DEL, MegaTokyo... basically anything under KeenSPOT, Blank Label or any "accepted" group.

Wikipedia's bias towards webcomics has seemed to have tapered off over several years, though. I remember when I tried to put up a Sinfest wiki entry in 2002-3ish, they deleted it within a matter of minutes. It was kinda impressive, really...
Loki
Feeling strange

Postby Kris@WLP » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:18 pm

I'd already put an article at WikiFur; when the Wikipedia entry was made, I copied the WikiFur article over to Comixpedia.org .

If PitW gets the finger, there will still be entries. One reason for CfDs is the presence of excessive detail, or "fancruft", in entries which are not officially "notable." A shorter, concise entry that sticks to basic fact is less likely to get deleted than one which includes every known detail on the comic.
www.wlpcomics.com
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Loki » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Hey. as long as they don't hose it I'm cool with it.
Loki
Feeling strange

Return to Peter is the Wolf