[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
White Lightning Productions • View topic - Delayder (and pink) update, 10-15-2010

Delayder (and pink) update, 10-15-2010

For discussion of the web comic!

Moderators: Kris@WLP, bar1scorpio, Codewolf

Delayder (and pink) update, 10-15-2010

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 am

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby Ralphy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Ralphy
Feeling strange

Postby RBrim08 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Ooh, poor Jean, she just needs some nookie, that's all. Have her hunt down that coyote boy in her college class, I'm sure he wouldn't say no. Hell, besides Peter, I don't think ANYONE could say no to her!
RBrim08
Button popping

Postby Slacker Spice » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Now this is interesting...

On the one hand, the sex scene wasn't real.

On the other, Peter finally stands up for himself and says he doesn't want to risk what little he has left with Sarah that Butch didn't screw up, so good for him!

On the gen side, looks like Sarah's not out of the woods just yet...
Slacker Spice
Sweater stretching

Postby redeyes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Aren't daydreams a wonderful thing? Sucks when they end though. And Peter growing a set of brass balls, it's about damn time! Let's see, stood up to Jean: check. (poor Jean no nookie :cry:) Now hit Butch with them so she'll leave him alone, and use them to get Sarah to let him explain what really happened last night, and all will be well.

Oh, and angry Peter is angry.
redeyes
Sweater stretching

Postby Happygun » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Heh, looks like Aticston got all huffed up over nothing.
Happygun
Violating the law of gravity

Postby ThomasNewton12 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Ha! stormydragon called the Peter/Jean action as being a dream in the thread for the last update. Good call! :wink:

And I do think that is a much more human reaction for Peter. It's easier to sympathize with him after he's understandably upset considering all the things that happened to him. I am waiting to see what will happen when he and Sarah see each other again, and to see what Jean's plan is beyond fun time with Peter.

Speaking of which, if the last couple of pages were a dream sequence does that mean Jean was really imagining the Super-Peter last panel? :lol: And thought Sarah was supposed to be the anime fan.

On the art side there was a great use of expressions throughout the panels, which is very important for an emotional scene like this. Casting Peter in shadow we he brings Jean out of her fantasy was a nice touch. It was great to see how Jean's expression changed as Peter explained his feelings to her, though I must admit I really liked her wild-eyed look in the first panel. Speaking of which, in the background throughout the recent pages we've seen various gardening tools in the shed Peter and Jean are in. Since that is the case, is the bag Jean's next too in the first panel fertilizer? I see what you did there. 8)

On the other side of things, that poor professor. XD This is an interesting turn though, because it seems like with both him and Sarah's father investigating into this the pack could run into some trouble with them soon. What I like about this is the two characters are approaching the same situation two different ways. Sarah's father talks about the conspiracy on a completely human level and knows who's complicit in it, while the professor believes in werewolves but doesn't seem to know anything specific. They're both right, but neither of them knows the whole truth. If they hadn't just missed each other maybe they could put two and two together.

Also, I laughed at Sarah still sleeping through the whole ordeal. :lol:

Finally, pink! :lol: That was a great thing to do. I didn't even see it at first because I was having the same issue tHEfOOL mentioned in the last thread (thanks for posting how to fix that, Kris!) but I'm glad I got to.

Overall, great update all around. Does anyone want to guess whether the professor will wake Sarah up or is she just going to stay in dreamland the whole time? If she does wake up and seeing some stranger in her house is enough to make her transform...
ThomasNewton12
Huge tracts o'land

Awww it was all a day dream?

Postby Steel Wings » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello my friend, my name is Fred
The voices you hear are in my head
I say i said my name is friend
and I've been very Naughty....
Steel Wings
Sweater stretching

Postby Juke » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Dream scene! Disapointing.

Everything pink while I applaud the thought It looks like a total eyesore.
Juke
Sweater stretching

Postby Henpecked » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 pm

It absolutely makes sense: Jean is the biggest horndog of the entire comic; it's fridge brilliance to make her go through the whole thing without getting laid. Well played, sirs.

As forthe GenAud side, I still hold to the theory that Arthur will work out/discover/be told The Secret by the end of the story, and will have to accept the fact that some things are best left untold. Then again, I'm a sucker for character growth moments like that, so take that as you may.
Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Weltall84 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Not too surprised this became a dream sequence, and it does fit with Jean's psyche.

Thing is, what DOES she intend for getting laid with Peter to help in her plan to help him win back Sarah?

Also, kudos Peter for showing spine and sticking to your guns.

I have to ponder, it's obvious Jean is in nookie withdrawl; which brings me to ponder something else.

Has she ever sought nookie with anyone besides Peter, or doth the lady have something for thy BFWB (former on the WB part as of now), that goes deeper than she admits? I could buy her fantasy as withdrawl and that she knows Peter can deliver on the f*cking angle.

Or she could just be very picky and thus far no other males in the county have impressed her.

However given the dialogue in the car between Mother and Daughter awhile back (it seems Jean's a chip off the ol' block), her Mom seemed to intimate she was worried about Jean's "needs" since Peter was occupied with Sarah. To me that either means despite her horniness that Jean has yet to "stretch her reach" like her Mom used too before she met her husband, and Pete was her sole source of the nookie.

Now I could be wrong, for all I know between Peter nibblets Jean has hit up a few other virile males, especially when Peter and Sarah started dating. I guess it's one part the perv in me and one part the curious reader noting li' things that either are hidden clues/hints of things to come about, or I'm over-anaylzing.
The power of evil compels me!
Weltall84
Sweater stretching

Postby stormydragon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah, great idea Peter. Spurn the one person who's been there for you your entire life so you can get back to the abusive relationship with one night stand who despises you.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Rey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Rey
Feeling strange

Postby Henpecked » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Henpecked
Huge tracts o'land

Postby Kris@WLP » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Kris@WLP, local head honcho
www.wlpcomics.com
PLEEZ, ORDER THE PETER IS THE WOLF TPBs!
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/tpb.html
Kris@WLP
Reprobate in Chief

Postby RallyVincent » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:29 am

Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword should be glad they are long dead.
RallyVincent
Sweater stretching

Postby bar1scorpio » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

The Pink is something that a lot of webcomicers, and even more newspaper comics artists are doing. 'Cept for Funky Winkerbean. They don't need to go all-pink. They already OWN that topic. I noticed it Sunday, when I opened the sunday funnies in the Detroit News & Free Press and ... well, there they all were, ribbons & everything.

On Stormy, he clearly digs the characters, and the story, but reacts rather personally to each new cliffhanger. Which, to be fair, almost every page for the last two or three chapters has ended on a cliffhanger-y panel. I'm just glad he's still reading, and... yeah.. this stuff will be working itself out. If you guys haven't noticed, half the fun of this strip is continuously jerking chains.

And Rally Vincent, I've got a 3rd prediction.

3: BAR-1 keeps playing around with Anaglyph for some "interesting" results...

And check out the other thread sections, I jsut updated my dA and there's a link in the "Creativity R We" board.
"Then again, I'm Gary Busey. Who knows what the f-ck I'm talking about." - Gary Busey
bar1scorpio
Sierra Mist Abuser

Postby stormydragon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 am

I'm not even really upset. I'm just one of those people who likes to yell at the TV when I'm into a show.
stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby stormydragon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:35 am

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Northwolf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Northwolf
Sweater stretching

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby stormydragon » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 pm

stormydragon
Mountain climbing

Postby Fionn the Otaku » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Fionn the Otaku
Bodice ripping

Postby Usdom » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:05 pm

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Usdom
Mountain climbing

Next

Return to Peter is the Wolf